• 44(current)
Android ZIDOO X6(Updated October 18st support 3D ISO framepacking via kodi)
Gonna test more also (including mvc), and see what files gave me artefacts

Thing i dont see solved is that 3d iso playing as 2d stops at some point (kodi has this too), himedia not cause of the external player
I dont see that solved Sad
(2015-10-20, 15:37)Rew452 Wrote: Let me ask the crazy question for troubleshooting; Have changed your HDMI cable some of this sounds like a bad cable?
Will rule that out by trying with a couple of different HDMI cables, and still directly connected to display (no AVR, nothing in between).
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My Family Room Theater
(2015-10-20, 15:40)hdmkv Wrote:
(2015-10-20, 15:37)Rew452 Wrote: Let me ask the crazy question for troubleshooting; Have changed your HDMI cable some of this sounds like a bad cable?
Will rule that out by trying with a couple of different HDMI cables, and still directly connected to display (no AVR, nothing in between).

Ok, that's good but back to the display, remember the box is HDMI 2.0 in theory it should be backwards compatible with earlier specs but have read of people having issues with either with the display's implementation or the connected box.

Can you try a different display? I would remove any HDMI switches as they may also generate issues for proper HDMI communication.

In my system I have the X6 connected to my AVR which is HDMI 2.0 and I have not seen any problems with the video issues that are not format related, ie: color format, refresh rate etc...

Just trying to help.
Rew

BenQ W1070 |Lumagen RadianceXS-3D |Panasonic BDT310
Denon AVR-x5200w | Nvidia Shield Android TV | C =Axiom VP150 |FL/FR =Axiom M60 |SL/SR =Axiom QS4 |TFL/TFR =Bose 161 | TRL/TRR =Bose 161 |Sub =Reaction Audio S-15 500W SEALED SUBWOOFER
(2015-10-20, 16:08)Rew452 Wrote:
(2015-10-20, 15:40)hdmkv Wrote:

Ok, that's good but back to the display, remember the box is HDMI 2.0 in theory it should be backwards compatible with earlier specs but have read of people having issues with either with the display's implementation or the connected box.

Can you try a different display? I would remove any HDMI switches as they may also generate issues for proper HDMI communication.

In my system I have the X6 connected to my AVR which is HDMI 2.0 and I have not seen any problems with the video issues that are not format related, ie: color format, refresh rate etc...

Just trying to help.

Personally i think thats bullshit to rule out display and stuff
Since it does work with other mediaplayers..
You could even doubt electricity.... if you do it like that.
I have a BenQ 3D PJ in a secondary room, and Epson 5025UB in my main HT, so if I don't see full 3D with latter, will try with former.
My Family Room Theater
I have yet to test 3d on this box, it is next on my list for tonight.

Believe me, HDMI is a Blessing and a Curse all in one. Cables and spec implementations on both displays and boxes can really be a problem for proper operation. Query via google if you like.

By the way I have been in Electronics as a career for over 40 years and have been a audiophile/videophile for over half that time. So yes I know electricity.
Rew

Denon AVR-x5200w | Nvidia Shield Android TV | C =Axiom VP150 |FL/FR =Axiom M60 |SL/SR =Axiom QS4 |TFL/TFR =Bose 161 | TRL/TRR =Bose 161 |Sub =Reaction Audio S-15 500W SEALED SUBWOOFER
(2015-10-20, 10:10)mirror88 Wrote: set display output to 1080p 24hz try again?
I will do more testing tonight. Which refresh rate switching are we supposed to enable? the default one in Kodi (first one) or the one that Zidoo has added (second one)?
(2015-10-20, 11:26)Rew452 Wrote: Currently you have YCbCr – 4:4:4 pixel Format set as the default not the best. Tends to be too dark. Should be system wide selection, not film by film setting.

1. YCbCr – 4:4:4 pixel Format
2. YCbCr -- 4:2:2 pixel Format
3. RGB – 4:4:4 pixel Format Studio (Limited RGB)
4. RGB -- 4:4:4 pixel Format PC Standard (Full RGB)

Chroma upsampling is not expected to produce any change in luma. I haven't noticed it on X6, but I will specifically check for it. You can also check the quality of chroma upsampling using the chroma burst and error patterns in Spears & Munsil HD Benchmark disc.

BTW, there is no luma/chroma components or sub-sampling in RGB color space.
A quick note about HDMI cables and 3d frame-packing; this is the most demanding of all 3d formats from a frequency and cable length stand point.
A high quality cable is really most necessary.

When buying consider nothing shorter than 6ft and try to keep it 25ft or less or use a Redmere active cable.

6ft is the short default for HDMI equalization circuit, shorter can be a problem.
Rew

(2015-10-20, 18:58)wesk05 Wrote:
(2015-10-20, 11:26)Rew452 Wrote: Currently you have YCbCr – 4:4:4 pixel Format set as the default not the best. Tends to be too dark. Should be system wide selection, not film by film setting.

1. YCbCr – 4:4:4 pixel Format
2. YCbCr -- 4:2:2 pixel Format
3. RGB – 4:4:4 pixel Format Studio (Limited RGB)
4. RGB -- 4:4:4 pixel Format PC Standard (Full RGB)

Chroma upsampling is not expected to produce any change in luma. I haven't noticed it on X6, but I will specifically check for it. You can also check the quality of chroma upsampling using the chroma burst and error patterns in Spears & Munsil HD Benchmark disc.

BTW, there is no luma/chroma components or sub-sampling in RGB color space.

Those were taken straight from AMD selection and limited RGB vs Full will definitely have a darkening or brightening effect on video. Because of the black level change.

Rew
Rew

(2015-10-20, 20:12)Rew452 Wrote: Those were taken straight from AMD selection and limited RGB vs Full will definitely have a darkening or brightening effect on video. Because of the black level change.

Rew

I was referring to chroma upsampling: going from YCbCr 4:2:0 to YCbCr 4:2:2 or YCbCr 4:4:4. This is not expected to produce a change in luma. Yes, you are correct there will be a darkening/brightening effect for RGB Limited/Full if the display is set incorrectly.

RGB doesn't have any chroma subsampling. It can only be 4:4:4. There is no RGB 4:2:2 or RGB 4:2:0. So, in true sense RGB 4:4:4 is just redundant.
ok tested 3d framepacking

Some did work , some not (in kodi)
issues with 3d framepack:

- Subtitles look too big and out of position
- Kodi gui looks oversized, not normal
- green thin line on top of screen
- audio out of sync
- quality could be improved

Some that didnt work

the croods , got stuck in beginning, audio played further , video got stuck on this:

Frozen started somewhere in the middle of the movie, audio wrong (multi ch stereo)

How to rain your drqagon 2 , wrong audio
again multi ch stereo instead of dts-hd ma 5.1

Then other stuff thats wrong
Some movies/tvshow gives artefacts

Heres 1 example of a serie that gave continuously artefacts
Mediainfo:

Volledige naam : \\UNRAID\Tvshows\Suits\Season 5\Suits S05 E01.mkv
Formaat : Matroska
Formaatversie : Version 4 / Version 2
Bestandsgrootte : 1,60 GiB
Duur : 42mn 7s
Totale bitrate : 5 454 Kbps
Datum codering : UTC 2015-06-29 19:31:39
Gebruikt programma : mkvmerge v6.3.0 ('You can't stop me!') built on Jun 27 2013 22:06:07
Gebruikte encoderbibliotheek : libebml v1.3.0 + libmatroska v1.4.0

Video
ID : 1
Formaat : AVC
Formaat/Info : Advanced Video Codec
Formaatprofiel : [email protected]
Formaatinstellingen, CABAC : Ja
Formaatinstellingen, ReFrames : 4 frames
Codec-ID : V_MPEG4/ISO/AVC
Bitrate : 4 962 Kbps
Breedte : 1 920 pixels
Hoogte : 1 080 pixels
Beeldverhouding : 16:9
Frameratemodus : Constant
Framerate : 23,976 fps
ColorSpace : YUV
ChromaSubsampling : 4:2:0
BitDepth/String : 8 bits
Scansoort : Progressief
Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.100
Stroomgrootte : 1,46 GiB (91%)
Taal : Engels
Default : Ja
Forced : Nee
colour_primaries : BT.709
transfer_characteristics : BT.709
matrix_coefficients : BT.709
colour_range : Limited

Audio
ID : 2
Formaat : AC-3
Formaat/Info : Audio Coding 3
Format_Settings_ModeExtension : CM (complete main)
Formaatinstellingen, Endianness : Big
Codec-ID : A_AC3
Bitrate-modus : Constant
Bitrate : 384 Kbps
Kanaal(en) : 6 kanalen
Kanaalposities : Front: L C R, Side: L R, LFE
Samplerate : 48,0 KHz
BitDepth/String : 16 bits
Stroomgrootte : 116 MiB (7%)

Tekst #1
ID : 3
Formaat : UTF-8
Codec-ID : S_TEXT/UTF8
Codec-ID/Info : UTF-8 Plain Text
Titel : QoQ-Team
Taal : Nederlands

Tekst #2
ID : 4
Formaat : UTF-8
Codec-ID : S_TEXT/UTF8
Codec-ID/Info : UTF-8 Plain Text
Titel : CC
Default : Nee

Other big problem is 3d iso thats not played correctly in 2d if you want i can provide sample
(2015-10-20, 21:41)Skank Wrote: ok tested 3d framepacking

Some did work , some not (in kodi)
issues with 3d framepack:

- Subtitles look too big and out of position
- Kodi gui looks oversized, not normal
- green thin line on top of screen
- audio out of sync TEMP FIX (Change the Audio option in Kodi Back and forth)
- quality could be improved

Try that temp fix
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
Did further tests today, this time with the '23.976 setting optimize' setting in Zidoo Kodi that mirror88 had mentioned must be enabled (which I'd forgotten to yesterday). Guess what?! Makes no difference at all... I suspect Zidoo X6 is still sending out a HSBS signal with 3D ISO's. The only thing that gives me pause is wesk05's screenshot earlier that shows his Epson 5020UBe displaying 'Frame Packing' and 23.99 (for 23.976) 3D ISO. I have an Epson 5025UB, and so far it has shown 'frame packing' only with RPi2 and HiMedia Q5, both of which I'm certain are passing full, frame-packed 3D.

Zidoo X6 was connected directly to Epson PJ. Tried 3 different HDMI cables, all around 3-6ft.

Here is why I'm suspecting Zidoo isn't really doing frame-packed 3D:
- With my Epson, soon after selecting 3D ISO for playback, two side-by-side images very briefly appear squeezed together
- My Epson's info tab still shows side-by-side, not frame-packing. I play those same ISO's via Pi2 and Q5, then Epson shows frame-packing
- Took X6 to another room where I have BenQ W1070 PJ, connected to it directly, and 3D ISO's do show 'Frame Packing', but I don't think they really are. Why? 'Cause when I try a remuxed 3D 1080p SBS MKV file, BenQ also shows 'Frame Packing' when it's clearly not!

Screenshots:

My Family Room Theater
This is why i said FAUX 3D
The 3D playback has no DEPTH,image looks very FLAT just like regular 2D.
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
  • 44(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ZIDOO X6(Updated October 18st support 3D ISO framepacking via kodi)5