• 74(current)
Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio
thank you, i check out Q5 from youtube and without Kodi i cant use it.. So i turn out to chromebox again.

I realized my ignorance. All you guys very experienced about this. But i am a simple cunsomer.

Basicly; i want to standing in front of the TV and pick up the remote, watch a movie from my NAS without any audio and video problem.

Chromebox with my A/V receiver (can decode many audio format DTS, Dolby etc) I think will be the best choice for me.

Chromebox have no problem HD Audio passthrough to my AVR right?
(2015-10-22, 11:57)movie78 Wrote: IMAGE QUALITY= 50 (A Lot of Green pixelation)

There was a green pixelation issue with some MVC file which was fixed in firmware about a month back.
Might be worth trying with a recent (e.g. Milhouse) build.

If that doesn't fix it, can you post a bug report in the Pi forum.
I just checked your chart and noticed that you have "no" on BD-light menu support for the PI. Kodi can show some sort of basic menu and it also supports full HDMV menus - just no BD-J menus
(2015-10-22, 15:41)hdmkv Wrote: You can use any Kodi in Q5, but it relies on HiPlayer as the external player to actually play all videos (and give you full 3D, HD audio).

If you opt NOT to install the HiMedia wrapper (in latest closed beta v3.0.2, it's pre-installed), then Kodi internal player will play videos, but w/o 3D and w/o HD audio.

and also w/o 23,976 and w/o auto-switch fps.

Q5 must use himediavideoplayer and koid only for jukebox , if you full kodi system buy other box.
LG OLED 55E8 - M9702(oppo 203) -  Dinobot U5PVR(Enigma 2) - Meccol KI pro(COREelec) - Sony PS5
AndroidPremiumPlayer blog - HI - Frequency Switcher 
(2015-10-22, 16:35)da-anda Wrote: I just checked your chart and noticed that you have "no" on BD-light menu support for the PI. Kodi can show some sort of basic menu and it also supports full HDMV menus - just no BD-J menus
How does one access that menu? Pressing 'OK' brings up the OSD with playback controls, 3D options, etc.

Guess I was thinking something like this with HiMedia Q5 (external player)...

Above via Google image search; not my pics.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My Family Room Theater
(2015-10-22, 16:33)popcornmix Wrote:
(2015-10-22, 11:57)movie78 Wrote: IMAGE QUALITY= 50 (A Lot of Green pixelation)

There was a green pixelation issue with some MVC file which was fixed in firmware about a month back.
Might be worth trying with a recent (e.g. Milhouse) build.

If that doesn't fix it, can you post a bug report in the Pi forum.

I was using Milhouse Build # 1018 for my testing.
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
(2015-10-22, 16:25)ayteck Wrote: thank you, i check out Q5 from youtube and without Kodi i cant use it.. So i turn out to chromebox again.
youtube kodi add is limited at 720p andorid app not ;-)
LG OLED 55E8 - M9702(oppo 203) -  Dinobot U5PVR(Enigma 2) - Meccol KI pro(COREelec) - Sony PS5
AndroidPremiumPlayer blog - HI - Frequency Switcher 
oh so himedia q5 is that good ?
(2015-10-22, 16:57)movie78 Wrote: I was using Milhouse Build # 1018 for my testing.

Post in the Milhouse thread, ideally with a sample file that shows the issue.
Not seeing any other reports of green pixelation.
(2015-10-22, 17:08)looun Wrote:
(2015-10-22, 16:25)ayteck Wrote: thank you, i check out Q5 from youtube and without Kodi i cant use it.. So i turn out to chromebox again.
youtube kodi add is limited at 720p andorid app not ;-)

i dont understand Smile just joke?
Anyone can explain in a simple way why pi doesnt do bitstream hd audio?
is this cause of the hardware that is too weak or?
(2015-10-23, 18:54)Skank Wrote: Anyone can explain in a simple way why pi doesnt do bitstream hd audio?
is this cause of the hardware that is too weak or?

The Pi and Pi 2 hardware doesn't support a high-enough audio bandwidth over HDMI to support the standard required to bitstream HD Audio. (DTS HD and Dolby True HD require a very high bandwidth connection, even if they are running at a much lower bitrate)

It DOES have a high enough bandwidth to support PCM 5.1/7.1 output of 48 and 96kHz 24 bit audio - which means that the massive majority of HD audio tracks can be losslessly decoded to PCM 5.1/7.1 and output to your amp this way. (Effectively the Pi 2 does the decoding, instead of your amp.) The only tracks that can't be losslessly decoded and output as multichannel PCM are 192kHz 5.1/7.1 tracks (again because of the HDMI audio bandwidth limitation of the Pi's hardware) There are probably less than 20 Blu-ray releases (less than 10?) that have these kinds of sound tracks. The Pi / Pi 2 can cope with up to 4.0 192kHz 24 bit audio.
ok clear Wink thx
Theres a new plex media player coming
Anyone know if that would support hd audio + 3d iso (mvc?)

https://blog.plex.tv/
(2015-10-23, 19:29)Skank Wrote: Theres a new plex media player coming
Anyone know if that would support hd audio + 3d iso (mvc?)

https://blog.plex.tv/

HD audio depends on the unit you are running it on. 3d ISO is no go it plays over http streams that dont support ISO.
  • 74(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio17