• 8(current)
Broken Yahoo! Weather
If I'm the only one, then it probably isn't broken..
I welcome comments and suggestions for the Kodi (XBMC) Set-up Guide that I wrote.
You can read it here:  http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=193310
Any chance of this being updated for V15?
It worked in the beta/Rc1 but broke in rc2/release versions.
I have it working on V16 vanilla installed from repo.
(2015-07-24, 15:29)Hairybiker Wrote: Any chance of this being updated for V15?
It worked in the beta/Rc1 but broke in rc2/release versions.

i'm not aware of any issues.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
@Ronie: There are some minor issues with the german translation.
Where can I suggest some small changes?
I can't find the sources on Transifex...

Never mind, I found it:
http://www.transifex.com/projects/p/xbmc...anguage/de
or directly
https://www.transifex.com/projects/p/xbm...her-yahoo/
But some "strangely" translated words doesn't exist there. I assume, some weather conditions will be delivered from Yahoo itself?
(2015-07-27, 12:53)GhoudiOnPi Wrote: @Ronie: There are some minor issues with the german translation.
Where can I suggest some small changes?
I can't find the sources on Transifex...

Never mind, I found it:
http://www.transifex.com/projects/p/xbmc...anguage/de
or directly
https://www.transifex.com/projects/p/xbm...her-yahoo/
But some "strangely" translated words doesn't exist there. I assume, some weather conditions will be delivered from Yahoo itself?

yahoo delivers the weather forecast text in english,
kodi uses it's own language file to try to translate those strings to other languages.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
I get current weather just fine using Aeon MQ6, however when I try to look at additional forecast info such as 36hour, 7day, etc I get the "searching for forecast info" message but nothing happens. I've let it sit there for over 10min and nothing updates. Any thoughts?
(2015-10-24, 21:23)jdastas Wrote: I get current weather just fine using Aeon MQ6, however when I try to look at additional forecast info such as 36hour, 7day, etc I get the "searching for forecast info" message but nothing happens. I've let it sit there for over 10min and nothing updates. Any thoughts?

the yahoo weather addon only provides basic weather info (next few days).
if you want advanced weather info (36hour / 7 days / etc...) you need to user the openweathermap weather addon instead.
Installed yahoo weather by mistake (because I didn't see anything for my specific location, now I found what I want to use), now it will not uninstall !!!!! It refuses UNISTALLATION (standard way in Settings, Enabled Addons, Weather, yahooweather - configure/uninstall etc. panel) It just says there is update for it and basically it keeps installed. I know how to uninstall addons btw its just this one is like google sht, once they have finger, they have all, that kind of and won't let.

When I ftp into linux to usr-share-kodi-addons-weather.yahoo I cannot delete this addon manually !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I tried changing property to 775 or 777 but it refuses anything to be done with it.

BTW I am linux beginner, I use winscp to FTP inside my ATV1200 box which runs MX-Linux with Kodi Helix 14.2
If needed I can use putty to go to CLI but you have to pretty well write out commands for me, thanks.

I am very much upset by this malware behavior and just want to get rid of this yahoo *%$^&* on principle so don't tell me it takes no space on my box or things like that. I want that out, period, thank you.
(2015-10-25, 01:00)van141 Wrote: Installed yahoo weather by mistake (because I didn't see anything for my specific location, now I found what I want to use), now it will not uninstall !!!!! It refuses UNISTALLATION (standard way in Settings, Enabled Addons, Weather, yahooweather - configure/uninstall etc. panel)

what happens if you click the uninstall button?
it should pop up a 'are you sure' confirmation and when you click 'yes' the addon should be gone.

a Debug Log might provide some additional info .
Yes, confirmation pops up focused on No button, I move focus to left on Yes button, click it and then the popup vanishes and the button Uninstall is greyed out (so far so good), I back out to 'installed addons' and click the yahoo addon again and the top button says Update is available the Uninstall button is greyed out.... but after reboot the addon shows as installed, Uninstall is active again, clicking it gives you that popup with the choice No/Yes and so on around again, just like proper malwares do...

Even deleting .Kodi folder and copying in earlier version without this addon doesn't remove it, it is still installed. That's why I looked around in linux files until I found it but linux can be stubborn to extremes, one possibility is - it is 'this' mx-linux fault in that it allows write in and that's it, no modifying ever after and so the addon cannot uninstall but I sort of doubt it. If the installer could write there, surely it can also write negatively and remove (uninstall) the addon, I will ask about mx-linux where I got it and see. But I think I will reflash the box today and hopefully copying in .Kodi folder will save some of my configuration.

BTW I mentioned google because when I had Kodi running on Android on this ATV1200 I configured it for a friend and during configurating I signed in with my google email to google playstore and then I found there is no way to sign out, ever (yes I tried to get some help but nobody ever tried to sign out actually, they all thought they could... until they tried when I asked), only way was to flash firmware. I didn't like giving the box away with my loging details, perhaps when the 'friend' would sign in with his own identity, it would not use mine but it would still be there somewhere, I am quite sure of that.

Update: I determined that to all appearances, yahoo weather is default addon, like Confluence skin, and neither can be removed. Best you can do is disable (not uninstall) yahoo weather and in case of skin, install different one, the confluence skin has to stay put in, just not used.
Is anyone having issues with Yahoo Weather?

For the last few weeks or more I have been noticing the 4 day forecast is wrong at random times. What I mean is for example this morning when I looked at the 4 day forecast it showed Today,Sunday,Monday,Tuesday. Now what is the problem with this you ask well today is Thursday so it skipped Friday and Saturday.

It seems to do it at random times and I do not remember having this issue until the last month or so.

Any ideas what's going on and can it be fixed?

Thanks
(2015-11-19, 18:26)gate1975mlm Wrote: Is anyone having issues with Yahoo Weather?

For the last few weeks or more I have been noticing the 4 day forecast is wrong at random times. What I mean is for example this morning when I looked at the 4 day forecast it showed Today,Sunday,Monday,Tuesday. Now what is the problem with this you ask well today is Thursday so it skipped Friday and Saturday.

It seems to do it at random times and I do not remember having this issue until the last month or so.

Thanks

if you ever notice it again, enable debug logging in kodi and refresh the weather.
Debug Log might provide some clues about what's going on.
(2015-11-19, 21:10)ronie Wrote:
(2015-11-19, 18:26)gate1975mlm Wrote: Is anyone having issues with Yahoo Weather?

Thanks

if you ever notice it again, enable debug logging in kodi and refresh the weather.
Debug Log might provide some clues about what's going on.

here you go

In fact everytime I refresh the weather it shows different days for the 4 day forecast Sad

Plus it's 54F and Sunny todayhere in Philly and as you can see in the screenshot it says 61F and Rain which is way off.

Image[/img]
thanx log looks ok to me. i didn't spot anything out of the ordinary.
could you post a screenshot (using the confluence skin) of the issue?
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Yahoo! Weather1