• 132(current)
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows
(2015-10-29, 22:51)Warner306 Wrote:
(2015-10-29, 13:44)huhn Wrote: deinterlacing is done automaticly. of cause DVD playback is fully supported.

BTW. DVD movies shouldn't be deinterlaced they should be IVTC because they are 99% telecine not interlaced and madVR support this too.

Are you saying DVD movies are being automatically interlaced and they shouldn't be? Or is this related to a setting in madVR?

You brought up a deinterlacing option in another thread that I didn't understand.

there is deinterlancing (video mode) and IVTC (film mode).

IVTC is a field matching algorithm that recreates the orginal 23p from a movie this only works with telecine content. a movie on DVD is either hard telecine or soft telecine.

when the deinterlacer is used on telecine content like a movie on a DVD than you get a 3:2 pattern judder with blended frames at 60 fps and not smooth at all.

a good deinterlancer on pal 25 FPS movies is totally fine. it just results in 50 FPS which each frame repeated which is smooth. just a waste of processing power.

so a deinterlacer shouldn't be used with a DVD movie IVTC is the solution.

if you want to read a little bit about telecine here you go: https://trac.handbrake.fr/wiki/Telecine

EDIT: of course there is content on DVD that isn't telecine. content that is hybrid or interlaced that content needs a deinterlacer. for example the venture brothers season 1 is hybrid content IVTC doesn't work on it. season 2 is pure 3:2 telecine and IVTC works totally fine. but this is a series not a movie. movies are kind of always telecine.

i asked about this:
Quote:is "only deinterlace pixel in the middle of the frame" the setting from processing -> deinterlacing "only look at pixels in the center (good for broadcasts, bad for anime)"

http://i1357.photobucket.com/albums/q760...jjtyew.png

if yes it should be renamed it does something different for IVTC. deinterlacing is not effected by it. only deinterlacing the middle of a screen is totally pointless ^^.

so yeah is this the case? is this option "only look at pixels in the center (good for broadcasts, bad for anime)"

if yes this option only uses the middle of the screen to check for the telecine pattern but the whole frame is later field match.

this is good because floating text (earthquake warnings) on broadcast 60i is usually 30p or true interlaced 60i while the movie it self is 3:2 telecine. so without that option the field matching algorithm will fail in this case.

(2015-10-30, 00:56)LePousson Wrote: I have asked a question several days ago and nobody replied to me, even after 2 messages I posted to request a reply ...

Can someone tell me where and what I should modify to make that Kodi DSPlayer would play DVD ISO files and would also activate a deinterlace filter ??

Thanks to take a short time to help me with that ...
if the stream is flagged interlaced (that's the case with interlaced DVDs) DXVA deinterlacing is used at least with default settings. to get this you have to do nothing at all.

which player doesn't deinerlaced an interlaced flagged stream?
Good day.
In new versions (where DX 11 enable and EVR disabled) my HTPC with integrated VideoCard cannot plays video normally (slideshow instead of video). Now the only choice is madVR which is very heavy for my card. Any settings with madVR and LAV are already checked, when madVR are used, I cannot see video. Rollback to version 15.0 with EVR support and all is fine. Can You enable EVR again, if it possible?
I'll be very thankfull.
(2015-10-29, 15:18)Uoppi Wrote: I'm having trouble watching http streams with DSPlayer from one specific tv channel using the Elisa Viihde TV add-on.

Everything works fine using DVDPlayer but with DSPlayer I only get audio with a black screen.

Turns out it was a LAV splitter default setting issue. Raising "Stream Analysis Duration" from 1000 to 1750 fixed it!

So, now everything apart from DSPlayer force-stretching 4:3 to 16:9 in "Normal" view mode is working ok. I still haven't figured out why this bug is only present in DSPlayer and not DVDPlayer, though.
(2015-10-30, 02:00)huhn Wrote:
(2015-10-30, 00:56)LePousson Wrote: I have asked a question several days ago and nobody replied to me, even after 2 messages I posted to request a reply ...

Can someone tell me where and what I should modify to make that Kodi DSPlayer would play DVD ISO files and would also activate a deinterlace filter ??

if the stream is flagged interlaced (that's the case with interlaced DVDs) DXVA deinterlacing is used at least with default settings. to get this you have to do nothing at all.

Is there a way to check how stream is flagged (interlaced, ivtc, etc.)?
I have the same problem.
(2015-10-30, 09:08)djoole Wrote:

I have the same problem.

Mediainfo would tell this. If you see interlaced effect (horizontal line) it's usually bad encoded (encoded interlaced source as progressive without deinterlacing).

Actually you should tick enable yadif deinterlacing with LAVFilters. It'd works with all files with interlaced flag.
(2015-10-30, 09:08)djoole Wrote:

I have the same problem.

your file could be flagged wrong or you used IVTC on interlaced content. i saw problems with intel deinterlacing and that's a driver problem.

press control+j and make a screen with the file in question. the madVR OSD will tell me everything i need to know.
(2015-10-29, 16:29)afedchin Wrote: @aracnoz
DSPlayer will get more chance to be included in Kodi if it will be implemented as fully isolated component like DVDPlayer -> VideoPlayer will be. Please follow to this forum http://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=240

i'm following quietly those discussions with great interest, and it's sure that when the job will be almost done i will do my best to implement DSPlayer in that way

(2015-10-29, 20:57)ashlar Wrote:
(2015-10-29, 16:29)afedchin Wrote: @aracnoz
DSPlayer will get more chance to be included in Kodi if it will be implemented as fully isolated component like DVDPlayer -> VideoPlayer will be. Please follow to this forum http://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=240
Ok, it's as I suspected. With the way VideoPlayer is shaping up, DSPlayer could be one of several video playback add-ons, for Windows only.

let me explain better my first response on that, yes maybe DSPlayer could be adapted in future to be a possible one of "videoplayer addons" if and when the job will be done in the main branch, but this would not change the final result, even if in this hypothetical future DSPlayer was accepted as one of the official video player for Windows, because there would be always only one developer for DSPlayer with all the limits for a so much big project, the real step forward there could be if dsplayer and the madvr integration were recognized for the importance they deserve, so more developer for windows, for directshow filters / renderers...

(2015-10-29, 18:41)Cinder Wrote: So I haven't quite kept track the past few months... Is it possible to use SVP with the DSPlayer madVR renderer?

yes it's absolutely possible to use DSPlayer + madVR + FFDShow + SVP

(2015-10-29, 18:41)Cinder Wrote: when will the EVR renderer be unlocked again so I can use FFDShow + SVP as before?

Cheers

(2015-10-29, 19:38)bbsc Wrote: +1
Would be happy to see EVR working again as I simply need DS to use broadcom video decoder in my system.

(2015-10-30, 08:29)ShIvADeSt Wrote: Good day.
In new versions (where DX 11 enable and EVR disabled) my HTPC with integrated VideoCard cannot plays video normally (slideshow instead of video). Now the only choice is madVR which is very heavy for my card. Any settings with madVR and LAV are already checked, when madVR are used, I cannot see video. Rollback to version 15.0 with EVR support and all is fine. Can You enable EVR again, if it possible?
I'll be very thankfull.

there is not plan for EVR at moment, honestly do not even know how much work should be done to make it work again, madVR with a low profile should work fine and even better than EVR in picture quality, if i used madVR with great result also with an integrated gpu intel hd3600 there should not be needed so much power to make it work

anyway don't get me wrong i would like also to have back evr working again but since i'm only one here i cannot waste too many forces for something that would be used only by a fews of you

(2015-10-29, 23:57)balkerman Wrote: Hey guys. I'm on the latest release and have found there is a about a 1-2 second period after the refresh rate change in which the audio is playing but kodi still displays the library view with the info overlay. Everthing else ia working fine. Is this a know issue? Any recommended fixes....

in this case could be useful to enable the option "- delay playback until render queue is full", pls consider that if you set this option directly by dsplayer only at first playstart madVR will not considers the new status of that option, so you have to launch the file twice the first time...

then you can also try to use "adjust refresh rate" features set only in kodi that could speed up a little the playstart

(2015-10-29, 16:26)Razoola Wrote: That this is true, because the line 'Video renderer: madshi video renderer (madVR)' is a dark color one does also not have a clear idea the next setting is related to the same thing. I'm not suggesting you change all those settings to include madVR by the way, only the first setting 'manage settings with kodi'.

Given what you have just said, another option would be to change the dark color line 'Video renderer: madshi video renderer (madVR)' to 'madVR video renderer settings' or ''Video renderer settings for madVR' and have it in a bright color and then leave all the settings under it as they are now. You could also add the line (like under audio renderer) directly below ' - DVDPlayer merits'. Would this work better for you?

the video renderer option it's greyed out because there is only one video renderer that work at moment

but all these things are directly related to how it's made the skin, for example some skin have a line to delimit the groups some others no, i have no control for that
(2015-10-30, 14:26)aracnoz Wrote:
(2015-10-29, 18:41)Cinder Wrote: So I haven't quite kept track the past few months... Is it possible to use SVP with the DSPlayer madVR renderer?

Awesome, could someone point out how to run SVP with the current madVR enabled Kodi DSPlayer?
If I'm not wrong you need FFDShow to run SVP, but how do I run madVR and FFDShow simultaneously is what I'm asking I guess?
(2015-10-30, 14:41)Cinder Wrote:
(2015-10-30, 14:26)aracnoz Wrote:

Awesome, could someone point out how to run SVP with the current madVR enabled Kodi DSPlayer?
If I'm not wrong you need FFDShow to run SVP, but how do I run madVR and FFDShow simultaneously is what I'm asking I guess?

To get so working with DSPlayer you need to add ffdshow raw as an external filter. Once you play a video it should work. For my current htpc it works with SVP 3.1.7, but doesn't work with SVP 4. My new htpc I'm building right now works with both versions of SVP.
(2015-10-30, 11:23)oldpoem Wrote:
(2015-10-30, 09:08)djoole Wrote: Is there a way to check how stream is flagged (interlaced, ivtc, etc.)?
Mediainfo would tell this. If you see interlaced effect (horizontal line) it's usually bad encoded (encoded interlaced source as progressive without deinterlacing).

Actually you should tick enable yadif deinterlacing with LAVFilters. It'd works with all files with interlaced flag.
OK thanks, i'll check my DVD structure (i guess the VOB files?) with mediainfo, and will check if yadif is activated in LAVFilters.

(2015-10-30, 12:06)huhn Wrote: your file could be flagged wrong or you used IVTC on interlaced content. i saw problems with intel deinterlacing and that's a driver problem.

press control+j and make a screen with the file in question. the madVR OSD will tell me everything i need to know.
I'll do that and will report back, thanks.
(2015-10-28, 18:13)Doom10 Wrote: Just to clarify:

Quote:If the driver outputs 8-bit, you should set madVR to 8-bit. That way you get madVRs proper dithering, the driver only gets an 8-bit image and never has to dither --> Only madVR dithering is active.

If the driver outputs more than 8-bit, you get a choice. If you know that your TV does 10-bit, you can set madVR to 10-bit, and enjoy 2 bits more of precision. If you know your TV only has a 8-bit panel, it gets a bit more tricky, since the TV could still benefit from increased input bitdepth for processing (color management and whatnot), its probably best to test and look at the image - or just stay on the safe side and use 8-bit - but whichever option you choose, only madVR dithers, not the driver!

The only time you would get both dithering, madVR and the driver, is when the driver is set to 8-bit, and madVR to 10. madVR dithers to 10-bit, the driver to 8. You really don't want that option.

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?p=...ost1742110
It seems if i go under 30Hz on 2160p, a new option is unlocked which is 12bit color "12bpc".

10Bit is impossible to get no matter what, the only option i got is 8bit and 12bit. Will setting 12bit allow 10bit MadVR dithering without the driver interfering?
(2015-10-30, 16:29)Talguy Wrote:
(2015-10-30, 14:41)Cinder Wrote:
(2015-10-30, 14:26)aracnoz Wrote: yes it's absolutely possible to use DSPlayer + madVR + FFDShow + SVP

To get so working with DSPlayer you need to add ffdshow raw as an external filter. Once you play a video it should work. For my current htpc it works with SVP 3.1.7, but doesn't work with SVP 4. My new htpc I'm building right now works with both versions of SVP.

Cheers, that worked like a charm. Now to get SVP 4 Full version so that the fine tuning can begin...
Where do I find recommended values and settings for madVR by the way? Upscaling to 1080p from 720p and 540p is my main use.
Hi, just a quick one as I'm having to go out in a sec.
Big thanks to the author of DSPlayer. My HTPC is working great thanks to this.
Currently running a GTX 670 HDMI out to Onkyo AVR to a Panasonic VT65 Plasma.
Using just the internal LAV filters XYSubfilter and Reclock.
I can use all the Scaling algorithms fine, except for Nnedi3 when Chroma upscaling. The video plays (1080p) but it's just a mess of green artifacts. I have done the exact same setup on my desktop PC which uses a GTX970 and Nnedi works fine.

Both machines are using the latest nVidia drivers.

Any ideas? It's driving me nuts!
I'll be back later if you need any more info.

Cheers
(2015-10-30, 20:26)XTrojan Wrote: It seems if i go under 30Hz on 2160p, a new option is unlocked which is 12bit color "12bpc".

10Bit is impossible to get no matter what, the only option i got is 8bit and 12bit. Will setting 12bit allow 10bit MadVR dithering without the driver interfering?

it's an nvidia limitation. there is no 10 bit option if 12 bit is possible too.

you could get "10 bit" to the display if this has nay benefit is a whole different story only the HDR compatible UHD screen are 10 bit.

(2015-10-30, 21:53)oRuin Wrote: Hi, just a quick one as I'm having to go out in a sec.
Big thanks to the author of DSPlayer. My HTPC is working great thanks to this.
Currently running a GTX 670 HDMI out to Onkyo AVR to a Panasonic VT65 Plasma.
Using just the internal LAV filters XYSubfilter and Reclock.
I can use all the Scaling algorithms fine, except for Nnedi3 when Chroma upscaling. The video plays (1080p) but it's just a mess of green artifacts. I have done the exact same setup on my desktop PC which uses a GTX970 and Nnedi works fine.

Both machines are using the latest nVidia drivers.

Any ideas? It's driving me nuts!
I'll be back later if you need any more info.

Cheers

which windows version and are you using CUVID if yes use copyback and try again.
(2015-10-27, 19:14)aracnoz Wrote:
(2015-10-27, 03:20)GlennNZ Wrote: Hi

Was one MadVR aspect which doesn't appear implemented within Dsplayer - which would be ideal for those as myself that use 2.35:1 screen and zoom/etc

That is the "Move OSD into active video area" setting on Device, Screen Config MadVR setting.

Ideally to move Kodi OSD display within the video area, regardless of the window size - would complete the 2:35:1 experience.

Thanks for considering. As Madshi's explains in his attachment - Madshi for Devs

Glenn

are you talking about a projector setup? if yes i already spoke with madshi about that, the main problems it's that those options are made for a player like mpc that have to render something only while playback
instead kodi have to render the gui always even without a playback, so i cannot retrieve the rect about the active video area from madVR in these cases, so you will continue to have the kodi main menu outside the mask

anyway i will try to do something with the next jarvis build that will include also zoom control option in Kodi

Thanks - that's great to hear. That's for explaining some of the difficulties but an option that defaults to last active video area after playback - changes again when new playback would be fantastic.

(Just seen PM - will check)

Glenn
  • 132(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows47