• 123(current)
Intel VAAPI howto with Leia v18 nightly based on Ubuntu 18.04 server
Fritsch does the october 31st build contain the intel driver bump?
My XBMC / Kodi history.
XBMC for XBOX -> XBMC for Windows -> XBMC for Android -> Kodi for Android - > Kodi v16 OE (Amlogic) -> Kodi v17 LE (NUC 2x) -> Kodi v18.5 LE (NUC 2x)
Question 
Sometimes I have an issue after reboot/resume my chromebox:

Starting the first movie (from NAS / SMB) there's no Audio and it freezes after a few seconds. After stopping/starting it again it works flawlessly.

First I thougt it might be because Kodi has to wait for the NAS HDD spinning up, but it also happens without waiting (see logfiles).

cat ~/.kodi/temp/kodi.log | pastebinit: http://sprunge.us/SEMU
dmesg | pastebinit: http://sprunge.us/CFUR
(2015-11-02, 14:48)wwessel Wrote: Sometimes I have an issue after reboot/resume my chromebox:

Starting the first movie (from NAS / SMB) there's no Audio and it freezes after a few seconds. After stopping/starting it again it works flawlessly.

First I thougt it might be because Kodi has to wait for the NAS HDD spinning up, but it also happens without waiting (see logfiles).

cat ~/.kodi/temp/kodi.log | pastebinit: http://sprunge.us/SEMU
dmesg | pastebinit: http://sprunge.us/CFUR

It really seems to be related to the disk spinning up. As we cannot read new frames.
Quote:13:34:15 T:140272759469824 INFO: CVideoPlayerVideo - Stillframe detected, switching to forced 25.000000 fps
13:34:15 T:140272751077120 ERROR: CDVDAudio::AddPacketsRenderer - timeout adding data to renderer

Really seems related to spinup. The player should not rest in that state, though.

@the-dreamer: 4.1.2 is not suggested on braswell. Currently building 4.3.0 final with MattDevo's fixes.

@lex81: All the latest builds have this new version.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2015-11-02, 15:02)fritsch Wrote: @the-dreamer: 4.1.2 is not suggested on braswell. Currently building 4.3.0 final with MattDevo's fixes.

typo? did you mean 4.1.12? 4.1.12 kernel is included in OE 6 release.
OE 6 official release won't work on braswell correctly ... no need to discuss it, kernel not new enough and kodi using old methods with color banding.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
What would you recommend then, for braswell? Only Ubuntu, or another experimental release of OE?
:-(

You are not able to even read the first page are you?
okay thx. working then with your OE 6 with replaced 4.3 kernel for further testing :-)
This is btw. _not_ the reason of this thread. The final 6.0 with the EGL work I only did cause people are constantly going on my nerves and writing me pages of email: I cannot use the jarvis builds, my wife beats me, my family hates me, my famous addon and .... what not.

I will post the final build in some minutes and then Isengard is official done for me.
i know. i am using currently oe 6 to ensure that i am not introducing new problems which are based otherwhere. my n3150 is new to me and i saw different problems. when they are clearified or burned out i can switch over to jarvis.
(2015-11-02, 15:59)fritsch Wrote: This is btw. _not_ the reason of this thread. The final 6.0 with the EGL work I only did cause people are constantly going on my nerves and writing me pages of email: I cannot use the jarvis builds, my wife beats me, my family hates me, my famous addon and .... what not.

I will post the final build in some minutes and then Isengard is official done for me.

Hahahaha! Fritsch can be very funny.

And, thank you fritsch for doing a final Isengard build, and for all Isengard builds. It has given us without dedicated development htpc a chance to stay on the forefront of technology, without ruining our marriages.
For the Isengard people: check the isengard folder and verify that it is working, please :-)
Isengard 6,0 working beautiful, Thank You....
I think I need to rename it once - more into "fritsch addition" or something
(2015-11-02, 17:06)fritsch Wrote: For the Isengard people: check the isengard folder and verify that it is working, please :-)

works perfect.
  • 123(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel VAAPI howto with Leia v18 nightly based on Ubuntu 18.04 server18