• 28(current)
[RELEASE] Amazon Prime Instant Video (US/UK/DE)
So it's by bye Amazon Prime for me. They screwed it.
Amazon has now abandoned all flash methods. Not just the drm-free flash implementation that the add-on was using, but now also the flash-access drm implementation of flash.
Hi everyone, in case you are running a computer that still has windows media center on it there is a great addin available to get amazon prime and it works pretty seamless.
Go here and download and install it http://sharepointsnapple.com/amazonmceaddin/
Once installed its fairly easy to use advance launcher to open directly to the amazon prime app
point advanced launcer at C:Windows/ehome/eshell.exe and then under arguments add this:

-launchcoded:{9547e03d-ccfc-4564-a097-856b99e42afa}\{615620d8-161b-4f48-8dd2-8354ae4da51d} /nostartupanimation

Than add the launcher as a favorite and you can from kodi access amazon prime video

The same site also has a way to put netflix back into media center and it is working too. you can do the same above and make an advanced launcher and under arguments add this
-launchcoded:{e6f46126-f8a9-4a97-9159-b70b07890112}\{982ea9d3-915c-4713-a3c8-99a4688b7c59} /nostartupanimation

Hope this helps out some of you. I just added it to my system so far it has been working awesome no issues playing anything either from prime or netlfix!
Nice, thank you, hope that will fix my problem. ive used lordk 1.1.7 before, but dont work now. i will try your version.
I don't suppose it's possible to use a flash library plugin of some kind to play the drm material, same way that chrome does it?
Here's the crazy thing. Amazon should be supporting us on this.

I have a paid Amazon prime membership, they keep reminding me to use it for video. And for a while, it was great.
The kids were using it regularly via Kodi on the TV's in the house, I was using it to watch some of their Amazon only mini-series (such as the Pirate one, and the new one about the god-driven crazy lawyer..)
But now.. since they changed the DRM.. not once have we watched a single thing.

It makes me question my Amazon prime membership altogether. I'm hoping the single iOS device in the house will work and I can airplay to one of my Kodi clients, but that's a faff. not ideal at all. Not compared to the kid-friendly, simple to use interface we had via the Kodi add-on.

So what do Amazon want us to do? Buy another piece of hardware that they'll make no profit on, just to play Amazon prime, but now needing a complete different interface and separate source into the Telly? Which, of course, won't go via my SPDIF based Amp, which my Kodi client does.
It's wasteful for all and delivers an inferior solution.

And for what.. to make it difficult for someone to rip the Amazon prime content.. like that's going to stop the guys that know how to do that...

Maybe Amazon could release a binary plugin or something? Maybe something that works like the SpotiMC technology. (Which is not ideal, but works)
<Grumble>

I don't suppose anyone has any contacts they could speak to? :-)
My solution to the problem:

Buy Mele F10 air mouse
Add Chrome Launcher to the home screen that links direct to prime website
Use air mouse to watch programs
Use air mouse to switch back to kodi

No need to leave the sofa once.

Now just need to teach the kids to use the air mouse and read better!
(2015-10-30, 12:34)stevellion Wrote: Here's the crazy thing. Amazon should be supporting us on this.

I have a paid Amazon prime membership, they keep reminding me to use it for video. And for a while, it was great.
The kids were using it regularly via Kodi on the TV's in the house, I was using it to watch some of their Amazon only mini-series (such as the Pirate one, and the new one about the god-driven crazy lawyer..)
But now.. since they changed the DRM.. not once have we watched a single thing.

It makes me question my Amazon prime membership altogether. I'm hoping the single iOS device in the house will work and I can airplay to one of my Kodi clients, but that's a faff. not ideal at all. Not compared to the kid-friendly, simple to use interface we had via the Kodi add-on.

So what do Amazon want us to do? Buy another piece of hardware that they'll make no profit on, just to play Amazon prime, but now needing a complete different interface and separate source into the Telly? Which, of course, won't go via my SPDIF based Amp, which my Kodi client does.
It's wasteful for all and delivers an inferior solution.

And for what.. to make it difficult for someone to rip the Amazon prime content.. like that's going to stop the guys that know how to do that...

Maybe Amazon could release a binary plugin or something? Maybe something that works like the SpotiMC technology. (Which is not ideal, but works)
<Grumble>

I don't suppose anyone has any contacts they could speak to? :-)

Two words... Fire TV... They will never support a third party app that competes with their hardware.
This is why I am not renewing Amazon this year not buying fire tv ever. It would be crazy to start/continue investing in a close movie library that I can only access via one organisation and their device, which is not really owning the products you pay for... it is rather leasing the movies under very restricted terms. We don't need this in our world, it is maddening and it does the opposite of freeing people.
Best,

capfuturo

"The world must learn to work together, or finally it will not work at all" - General Eisenhower
I have the "Prime" addon on my Playstation, and Sony Blu-ray player on different TV's. After the DRM lock down, I have been trying to convince the family to switch HDMI inputs and access Prime using the Sony addon. Unfortunately due to the rubbish interface, and complicated controls, no takers here, except for my son who is still catching up on Dr Who.

Unfortunately DRM is going to be the standard across all digital media moving forward. How long before someone figures out how to make Kodi emulate a Chrome Browser with EME HTML5 support is only a matter of time.
Yes, Sony BR player interface is horrible
So is this just an Amazon prime add on that I need to have an Amazon prime account to watch them?
If you look at my previous post, the group here http://sharepointsnapple.com/amazonmceaddin/ made an amazing plug in for media center. I dont know anything about code, but it may help some developers make a better plug in for kodi. or if you have MCE do what I do and just launch the plugin from Kodi and you have amazon prime from your couch that works flawlessly....

Cheers
(2015-11-02, 20:33)TearDrop1319 Wrote: If you look at my previous post, the group here http://sharepointsnapple.com/amazonmceaddin/ made an amazing plug in for media center. I dont know anything about code, but it may help some developers make a better plug in for kodi. or if you have MCE do what I do and just launch the plugin from Kodi and you have amazon prime from your couch that works flawlessly....

Cheers

hmm .... good find. but works only with Windows. Confused
I found in the latest thread of the kodinerds german forum that link: https://linux-statt-windows.org/topic/20...eischalten its also in german but about how to unlock DRM protected streams under Ubuntu. probably this is a way forward.. I am not a developer but maybe someone else could check this out.
rebuilding ....
running kodi 15.2
amazonprime 1.1.7
ubuntu 14.04

this was working before, and stopped working in the last kodi update

basically i get empty folders when i try browsing for content
playback works on other addons

tried deleting the files addonsxx.db , but made no difference
  • 28(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Amazon Prime Instant Video (US/UK/DE)6