• 3(current)
Alpha PseudoTV Live - SetTop Box Experience v.0.8.x
(2015-10-27, 01:14)blazin912 Wrote:
(2015-10-27, 01:04)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2015-10-27, 00:48)blazin912 Wrote: Thanks the FAQ did not help the issue:

http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=7h84Uw4U

I have my channels shared and my xmltv shared, but 192.168.1.50 is the ip of the machine having the issue/sharing the files.

Also, this slow loading is new to this newer version of PTVL, I'd have to look back to the version I was running previously, but I can say it was old.. changelog of the version I was running was the old format with 2.1.0 at the top.

Does this look related to channel sharing?

Try creating your own tvdb api key and enter it under debugging... I have a feeling my api key is being throttled.

Thanks I'll let you know if that did the trick. What you said would make sense.. it got reallllly slow today, so if it is being throttled that'd make a little bit of sense.

Luna .. no dice. Still slow waiting minutes per channel.

Any other ideas?
(2015-10-28, 01:53)blazin912 Wrote:
(2015-10-27, 01:14)blazin912 Wrote:
(2015-10-27, 01:04)Lunatixz Wrote: Try creating your own tvdb api key and enter it under debugging... I have a feeling my api key is being throttled.

Thanks I'll let you know if that did the trick. What you said would make sense.. it got reallllly slow today, so if it is being throttled that'd make a little bit of sense.

Any other ideas?

Make sure find missing info is disabled, Next update I'll apply stricter enforcement of that rule... Which should speed things up? If not its on your end.
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
(2015-10-28, 02:07)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2015-10-28, 01:53)blazin912 Wrote:
(2015-10-27, 01:14)blazin912 Wrote: Thanks I'll let you know if that did the trick. What you said would make sense.. it got reallllly slow today, so if it is being throttled that'd make a little bit of sense.

Any other ideas?

Make sure find missing info is disabled, Next update I'll apply stricter enforcement of that rule... Which should speed things up? If not its on your end.

got that.. do I need to enable XMLtv service to use the file? I have it disabled but it seems to be parsing the file anyway?
(2015-10-28, 02:18)blazin912 Wrote:
(2015-10-28, 02:07)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2015-10-28, 01:53)blazin912 Wrote: Luna .. no dice. Still slow waiting minutes per channel.

Any other ideas?

got that.. do I need to enable XMLtv service to use the file? I have it disabled but it seems to be parsing the file anyway?

New log:

http://pastebin.com/gPWNfzCH

So, this is a shot of where I think the lag is getting introduced. I'm not sure why in the middle of "adding videos" to a live channel it calls the read_url_cached and checks all the file locks.

Any ideas? It took about a minute for that channel to go through the fillLiveTV routine. Other channels that don't suffer the lag of the read_url_cache and fileLock calls cycle though in about 2 seconds.

Thanks for your help once again!
(2015-10-29, 00:53)blazin912 Wrote:
(2015-10-28, 02:18)blazin912 Wrote:
(2015-10-28, 02:07)Lunatixz Wrote: Make sure find missing info is disabled, Next update I'll apply stricter enforcement of that rule... Which should speed things up? If not its on your end.

New log:

http://pastebin.com/gPWNfzCH

So, this is a shot of where I think the lag is getting introduced. I'm not sure why in the middle of "adding videos" to a live channel it calls the read_url_cached and checks all the file locks.

Any ideas? It took about a minute for that channel to go through the fillLiveTV routine. Other channels that don't suffer the lag of the read_url_cache and fileLock calls cycle though in about 2 seconds.

Thanks for your help once again!

You need to post bugs in the proper thread. Thanks

BTW I mentioned previously to wait for the next release...
im getting a prolem of channel creation hanging when adding comercials. this is on a new build of all updateded. is there somthing im not checked? this was working fine on last version. about 3 versions back. anything new about comercials?

update: seems local comercials are connected to the min video time setting some how.. disabling that fixed my hanging...
(2015-10-29, 22:49)wrichards Wrote: im getting a prolem of channel creation hanging when adding comercials. this is on a new build of all updateded. is there somthing im not checked? this was working fine on last version. about 3 versions back. anything new about comercials?

update: seems local comercials are connected to the min video time setting some how.. disabling that fixed my hanging...

huh? can you please submit a bug report in the proper thread with a log, Thank you
(2015-10-29, 23:40)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2015-10-29, 22:49)wrichards Wrote: im getting a prolem of channel creation hanging when adding comercials. this is on a new build of all updateded. is there somthing im not checked? this was working fine on last version. about 3 versions back. anything new about comercials?

huh? can you please submit a bug report in the proper thread with a log, Thank you

Yea ill submit it later today, wierd glitch, wasnt sure if it was known so I posted. anyway couldnt load comercerials that worked flawlessly in pervious incarnations. after a few hours of hair pulling and tampering with min. video length setting, found I had to disable the min vid length all together then it loaded flawlesly again. note: all comercerilas were/are under 1 min.

anyway thanks for putting up with me, ill submit a log shortly...
(2015-10-30, 20:48)wrichards Wrote:
(2015-10-29, 23:40)Lunatixz Wrote:

Yea ill submit it later today, wierd glitch, wasnt sure if it was known so I posted. anyway couldnt load comercerials that worked flawlessly in pervious incarnations. after a few hours of hair pulling and tampering with min. video length setting, found I had to disable the min vid length all together then it loaded flawlesly again. note: all comercerilas were/are under 1 min.

1. I don't' see how to two are related. hide short just "hides" info from the EPG/Overlay...
2. Well you can take all the time you want to upload the log, Tonight a new update is being pushed and I do not know when the next will be release, you'd have to wait till then.
(2015-10-30, 21:56)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2015-10-30, 20:48)wrichards Wrote:
(2015-10-29, 23:40)Lunatixz Wrote: huh? can you please submit a bug report in the proper thread with a log, Thank you

1. I don't' see how to two are related. hide short just "hides" info from the EPG/Overlay...
2. Well you can take all the time you want to upload the log, Tonight a new update is being pushed and I do not know when the next will be release, you'd have to wait till then.

LOL... oks ill play with new release and see if I can figure out the glitch... again, just was playing with older release before my last update to latest, so I wasnt sure if it was a known, but now that you said its not connected, its some wack thing most likely on my end. and again I dont post untill Ive increased my bald spot by another 3 inches... Wink thanks for the response

UPDATE: Found my glitch was 1 single file in the comercials that wasnt avi or mpg.... bugger was deep... anyway. solved.
Hey, great YouTube video on the front page. Around 1:43 when you are showing the guide, I can see the show playing in the small window (top right). For me, I just get the artwork of the show. Am I missing a setting or is this a donor feature?
hi , i installed PTVL this evening , no option to even try and install ustv but am in the UK so assume it is geo blocked , on start up it initialises up to 77% and hangs with the spinning icon , have left it over an hour , tried re booting etc , have to force close my windows PC to stop it and the real killer is , on rebooting kodi PTVL auto starts and goes straight into this mode , i cant stop it !!
can anyone confirm that the only solution is to uninstall kodi and start again ? i dont see the point of making a back up if it will just revert to what i have now . am hoping that there is an option in settings when i install a fresh PTVL to disable auto start up .
(2015-11-04, 01:23)ontap Wrote: hi , i installed PTVL this evening , no option to even try and install ustv but am in the UK so assume it is geo blocked , on start up it initialises up to 77% and hangs with the spinning icon , have left it over an hour , tried re booting etc , have to force close my windows PC to stop it and the real killer is , on rebooting kodi PTVL auto starts and goes straight into this mode , i cant stop it !!
can anyone confirm that the only solution is to uninstall kodi and start again ? i dont see the point of making a back up if it will just revert to what i have now . am hoping that there is an option in settings when i install a fresh PTVL to disable auto start up .

I wonder why you enabled "autostart" to being with? either way I suggest you read the dumbass guide to PTVL... If you are knowledgeable in Kodi fundamentals a easy fix would be to delete the settings.xml file under pseudotv lives userdata folder.
(2015-11-04, 01:23)ontap Wrote: hi , i installed PTVL this evening , no option to even try and install ustv but am in the UK so assume it is geo blocked , on start up it initialises up to 77% and hangs with the spinning icon , have left it over an hour , tried re booting etc , have to force close my windows PC to stop it and the real killer is , on rebooting kodi PTVL auto starts and goes straight into this mode , i cant stop it !!
And second USTV Now is not geo-blocked (it's working here in Canada) and it is not installed by PTVL. You have to install the USTV Now plugin separately.
(2015-11-04, 01:28)Lunatixz Wrote:

I wonder why you enabled "autostart" to being with? either way I suggest you read the dumbass guide to PTVL... If you are knowledgeable in Kodi fundamentals a easy fix would be to delete the settings.xml file under pseudotv lives userdata folder.
i didnt enable auto start , i used the fusion source and add on installer , so now i have installed a fresh kodi 15.1 , used the link in your OP to install the repo from zip , clicked install on the video add on and it is exactly the same for the last 30 mins am looking at a spinning icon and a screen that says " initialising pseudo live " 2x different install methods on 2 seperate kodi installs . I never even got into the add on settings this time to even see if there is an auto start option i can disable.
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PseudoTV Live - SetTop Box Experience v.0.8.x4