• 56(current)
Release skin helper service
(2015-11-03, 00:07)Gade Wrote: Hmmm... but on the Isengard system I didn't add the sources the dialog displays. The drives are regular hard disk drives... It should at least show the Home folder. In file manager the exact same items are displayed on both Kodi versions.

Kodi bug maybe ? The script doesn't have impact on what items to show in that filebrowser... It just shows whatever Kodi decides what should show up. This has always been that way... I do not know better than you must add some sources to the file manager...
(2015-11-03, 00:36)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2015-11-03, 00:07)Gade Wrote: Hmmm... but on the Isengard system I didn't add the sources the dialog displays. The drives are regular hard disk drives... It should at least show the Home folder. In file manager the exact same items are displayed on both Kodi versions.

Kodi bug maybe ? The script doesn't have impact on what items to show in that filebrowser... It just shows whatever Kodi decides what should show up. This has always been that way... I do not know better than you must add some sources to the file manager...

Yeah, looking into this I think something might be off with my development machine. Although it's strange nothing have ever appeared before...

Thanks for getting back so fast Smile

EDIT: It has nothing to do with this amazing script. Sorry for the confusion.
Would it be possible to create more fanart background options?

I would really love these:
  • SkinHelper.AllVideosBackground: movies and tv shows
  • SkinHelper.RecentVideosBackground: movies and episodes
  • SkinHelper.InProgressVideosBackground: movies and tv shows

Or something similar.

This would allow me to replace several scripts with this one.

Cheers
Gade
(2015-11-02, 20:19)badaas Wrote: also ''recent albums'' get error in logs;

Code:
18:14:26 T:4524   ERROR: Skin Helper Service --> Error in plugin.py --> 'albumname'
18:14:26 T:4524   ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
18:14:26 T:4524   ERROR:   File "C:\Users\danrach\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.skin.helper.service\plugin.py", line 123, in <module>
18:14:26 T:4524   ERROR:     Main()
18:14:26 T:4524   ERROR:   File "C:\Users\danrach\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.skin.helper.service\plugin.py", line 63, in __init__
18:14:26 T:4524   ERROR:     getRecentAlbums(limit,browse)
18:14:26 T:4524   ERROR:   File "C:\Users\danrach\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.skin.helper.service\resources\lib\PluginContent.py", line 536, in getRecentAlbums
18:14:26 T:4524   ERROR:     item["art"] = getMusicArtworkByDbId(item["albumid"], "albums")
18:14:26 T:4524   ERROR:   File "C:\Users\danrach\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.skin.helper.service\resources\lib\ArtworkUtils.py", line 764, in getMusicArtworkByDbId
18:14:26 T:4524   ERROR:     albumName = albumartwork["albumname"]
18:14:26 T:4524   ERROR: KeyError: 'albumname'
18:14:26 T:5120  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
18:14:26 T:4688   ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://script.skin.helper.service/?action=recentalbums&limit=27&reload=2015-11-02 18:12:463
18:14:26 T:1496  NOTICE: finished

musicdb has changed in kodi i believe to 56
marcelveldt, let me join the others in saying this is an awesome script! I'm looking into replacing my custom window with your color picker. I'd like to use a colors.xml to customize the list of colors and I would like to display them in a particular order.

Is there a way to format the colors.xml so the colors are displayed in a particular order? I've tried flipping their order in the xml, changing the names, etc, but I can't figure out how they are ordered. Nothing seems to affect their placement in the dialog.

Thanks!

Edit: Looks like they are presorted by their color value? Any way to just display them sequentially from the colors.xml file?
Marcel, I know you said earlier on that opening a tv show for either "because you watched" or "tv show in genre" works correctly...but I am afraid it does not. I delved into the code and noticed that for both Movies and TV Shows you are passing the "file" attribute as the url to the listitem.

This basically results in

Code:
smb://DISKSTATION/share/TV/Band of Brothers/
for tv shows and

Code:
smb://DISKSTATION/usbshare1/movies/Howl's Moving Castle (2004)/Howl's Moving Castle (2004).mkv
for movies

So for movies everything is great and it plays the movie, however for tv shows it is not.

Looking further into the code you have some parts where a call to ActivateWindow is used eg.

Code:
tvshowpath = "ActivateWindow(Videos,videodb://tvshows/titles/%s/,return)" %str(item["tvshowid"])
                tvshowpath="plugin://script.skin.helper.service?LAUNCHAPP&&&" + tvshowpath

which seems to be the ideal thing to use in the above cases...unfortunately that does not work as there seems to be no LAUNCHAPP entry point.

I could keep on debugging but you mentioned it works correctly for you is that still the case?
I fixed the above for both because you watched and genres by using:

Code:
tvshowpath = "ActivateWindow(Videos,videodb://tvshows/titles/%s/,return)" %str(item[1]["tvshowid"])
        path="plugin://script.skin.helper.service?action=LAUNCH&path=" + tvshowpath
        xbmcplugin.addDirectoryItem(handle=int(sys.argv[1]), url=path, listitem=liz)

There's a couple of others in there using the non existent LAUNCHAPP (favourites etc)

If you want a PR for this let me know.

Cheers
(2015-11-03, 01:50)Gade Wrote: Would it be possible to create more fanart background options?

Latest Git also includes the additional backgrounds.
(2015-11-03, 09:09)braz Wrote: Edit: Looks like they are presorted by their color value? Any way to just display them sequentially from the colors.xml file?

Could you please check latest Git ? I've put in a small check to not presort the colors if the list is provided by the skin...
(2015-11-03, 16:23)im85288 Wrote: I fixed the above for both because you watched and genres by using:
here's a couple of others in there using the non existent LAUNCHAPP (favourites etc)

Aha, thanks for spotting this. There was some old code mixup in there. It should now all be fixed on Git, can you check ?
(2015-11-03, 17:06)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2015-11-03, 01:50)Gade Wrote: Would it be possible to create more fanart background options?

Latest Git also includes the additional backgrounds.

Thanks so much for this! Really appreciate it Smile
@marcelveldt
in official repo ......
http://mirrors.xbmc.org/addons/helix/
PHP Code:
Skin Helper Service
Author
marcelveldt
Version
Downloads
Released
2015-11-02
Repository
Kodi v14 Main Add-On Repository
License
GPL v2.0
Description
:

Helper service for Kodi skins 

Why is avaible only for helix ? Is this your request or error from Kodi team .
In isengard v 15.2 working well please fix this with Kodi team
XBoxMediaCenter (Kodi Matrix ) 19.3 , AndroidBox -Matrix Skin AeonMQ6
(2015-11-03, 18:45)Angelinas Wrote: Why is avaible only for helix ? Is this your request or error from Kodi team .
In isengard v 15.2 working well please fix this with Kodi team

It is available AS OF Helix... So, for ANY Kodi version starting at Helix it will be available...
(2015-11-03, 17:19)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2015-11-03, 16:23)im85288 Wrote: I fixed the above for both because you watched and genres by using:
here's a couple of others in there using the non existent LAUNCHAPP (favourites etc)

Aha, thanks for spotting this. There was some old code mixup in there. It should now all be fixed on Git, can you check ?

Working correctly now thank you.
(2015-11-03, 17:10)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2015-11-03, 09:09)braz Wrote: Edit: Looks like they are presorted by their color value? Any way to just display them sequentially from the colors.xml file?

Could you please check latest Git ? I've put in a small check to not presort the colors if the list is provided by the skin...
Latest git works great! Took me a while, but here's what I came up with. Thanks again!

Edit: One issue I had, I couldn't get the texturenofocus for the buttons to show up when customizing the skin.

• 56(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
skin helper service18