• 84(current)
Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio
Also see post #1 Smile.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My Family Room Theater
So i got my https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0dkL62oMHdI i5 5257u 300usd mini PC today and as promised i will write about it.

So ive been searching for the perfect mediaplayer solution for ages now and i tried most, i think RPi2 is underpowered and cant do netflix ect
Nvidia shield sure is powerfull enough but has alot of flaws still cant play 3D iso and still cant do passthrough of dts hd ma ect (sure they say they are working on it but ive heard that story for ages now)
Also Android TV honestly is a joke, i had my Shield rooted with full android but still its a unfinished device.
Neo X8H is the most near perfect device before imo but about this mini PC.
I got it, i plugged it in, installed most recent windows update updates and then installed Kodi.
Was nervous but BOYA! dts hd ma passthrough worked first try, 3d iso playback flawless first try
and every single movie file i throw at it play 100% perfect
Also all the other services like netflix, local swedish play channels ect, it can do everything
And if i want open elec il just dual boot this thing
Perfect media player is here
(2015-11-06, 23:07)hausmanis Wrote: So i got my https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0dkL62oMHdI i5 5257u 300usd mini PC today and as promised i will write about it.

So ive been searching for the perfect mediaplayer solution for ages now and i tried most, i think RPi2 is underpowered and cant do netflix ect
Nvidia shield sure is powerfull enough but has alot of flaws still cant play 3D iso and still cant do passthrough of dts hd ma ect (sure they say they are working on it but ive heard that story for ages now)
Also Android TV honestly is a joke, i had my Shield rooted with full android but still its a unfinished device.
I got it, i plugged it in, installed most recent windows update updates and then installed Kodi.
Was nervous but BOYA! dts hd ma passthrough worked first try, 3d iso playback flawless first try
Also all the other services like netflix, local swedish play channels ect, it can do everything

What are you using to play your 3D.ISO flawless,last i can remember Windows Kodi and 3D ISO was not user friendly
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
Can you provide a link to the actual box you bought?
My Family Room Theater
(2015-11-06, 23:07)hausmanis Wrote: Perfect media player is here

Well, all you write about is that you bought a PC - but that does not make a mediaplyer.

What exactly do you use to play movies? Which Software?
(2015-11-03, 22:23)Martijn Wrote:
(2015-11-03, 22:18)3dgeek Wrote: How about this new kodi 3D player, any info?

TLBB V8 4K

http://thelittleblackbox.com/products/
Yeah sure if you want to buy from some untrustworthy company that not long ago sold piles of junk filled with piracy
Martijn,

Could you answer
1) what made the units junk?
2) what piracy was installed?
3) what is not so long ago?

This forum not so long ago was filled with piracy less we forget. While I was at tlbb I can say there was never an addon pre installed with pirated content. Also the rma was incredibly low. I'm no longer working for The Little Black Box but if I where an official team members libellous comments.
(2015-11-06, 23:20)movie78 Wrote:
(2015-11-06, 23:07)hausmanis Wrote: So i got my https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0dkL62oMHdI i5 5257u 300usd mini PC today and as promised i will write about it.

What are you using to play your 3D.ISO flawless,last i can remember Windows Kodi and 3D ISO was not user friendly

Wondering that too
I use Kodi for all my movies except for 3D iso, for that i use powerDVD and or macgo

I bought from this link http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Hystou-Fa...eb201560_9
Something went wrong. Page not found. Can you edit link?
From the same seller I think this i3-5005u barebones for under $200 looks pretty enticing.

EDIT: Except it doesn't have bluetooth and I think no 4K video out. Hmm, hausmanis's box also doesn't seem to have bluetooth except if you pay $5 extra, and I'm not sure it's internal.
do not recommend to buy cheap chinese Pc, usually have hardware problem: cheap components , bad weld ecc...
LG OLED 55E8 - M9702(oppo 203) -  Dinobot U5PVR(Enigma 2) - Meccol KI pro(COREelec) - Sony PS5
AndroidPremiumPlayer blog - HI - Frequency Switcher 
I think I would invest money in chromebox with i5 and install windows. It should do what I want.
(2015-11-07, 14:44)hausmanis Wrote: I use Kodi for all my movies except for 3D iso, for that i use powerDVD and or macgo

Kodi with external player PowerDVD was never a smooth playback transition for me.
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
(2015-11-07, 15:58)looun Wrote: do not recommend to buy cheap chinese Pc, usually have hardware problem: cheap components , bad weld ecc...
Other issue is not having proper Windows license.

Changing topic to HiMedia Q5, last night I watched 'Mission Impossible: Rogue Nation' all the way. A local store had copies out early, so nabbed one. Usually, I'm just watching 3D only via Q5, but gotta say, I was really impressed. Excellent PQ, not a single audio drop, not a single stutter or frame skip, and perfect 23.976. Was home theater nirvana. Now, if only HiMedia could fix 23.976 for 3D ISO's, Q5 will be hard to beat as the Kodi + Full 3D + HD Audio player to beat.
My Family Room Theater
(2015-11-07, 16:31)movie78 Wrote:
(2015-11-07, 14:44)hausmanis Wrote: I use Kodi for all my movies except for 3D iso, for that i use powerDVD and or macgo

Kodi with external player PowerDVD was never a smooth playback transition for me.

Why not?

Been lurking in this thread for months.
Seems like a lot of ready to go device pumping vying for users money except none of these 'solutions' actually do it all.
Each has a downfall of some sort.
What they do offer is plug and play for the lazy depending on how much the user is willing to turn a blind eye to, imo.

Afaik, there is only one 'solution' that truly does everything.
That would be a Windows PC.
I know, OMG, Windows. "They are a PIA. They crash constantly. The O/S's don't work. They are so slow" and the list of excuses to sway folks away from them goes on.
Well, mine does none of these things. My hardware is almost 10 years old and all going strong.

Imo, everybody has a Windows PC of some sort and if they don't there are plenty to be had on the cheap.
The only real expense would be an external player to fill the 3D.iso void until if/when Kodi adapts and a persons value of their time (A day if you're a noob).
That expense could easily be applied from the expense of the device this thread seeks.
I'm not suggesting to take money out of the device peoples pockets and put it in an external players for the sake of who gets the money.
Just pointing out how maybe to best spend that money and that there are alternatives to some box with open source Kodi software in it that half way works and gets firmware support a year down the road if you're lucky.

Imagine, one device plugged into your panel that plays anything and everything you throw at it.
It rips. It plays the rips. It serves the rips. It backs them up. Oh yeah, it computes just like a real computer when you aren't watching movies too.

I'm sure some of you won't take kindly to my opinions and are contemplating how best to retaliate.
Save your frustration.
The name of this thread is Player Choices with Kodi + Full 3D + HD Audio and just thought a Windows PC was worth at least one mention.
Just sayin'.
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus
DIY HOME THEATER WIND EFFECT

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W
  • 84(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio17