• 105(current)
NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box)
(2015-11-06, 21:43)SofaKng Wrote: Oh, I thought it was already implemented. That's very disappointing but I know these things take time (lots of time) to implement. Is this planned for Kodi 16 (Jarvis) or perhaps later?

Also, does Kodi for Nvidia Shield support 3D MVC?

HD audio was only added by nVidia fairly recently, so give Kodi devs some time to implement. nVidia previously said "no plans" for 3D MVC, but hoping they change their mind as many people have requested it. Add your voice here.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
For the 10 millionth damn time, raspberry pi is the ONLY platform where mvc video works with kodi.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2015-11-06, 23:42)nickr Wrote: For the 10 millionth damn time, raspberry pi is the ONLY platform where mvc video works with kodi.

What about Zidoo X6 Pro? It can decode MVC 3D in Kodi and output frame packing 3D.
Surely it uses an external player, which is not kodi.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2015-11-07, 00:46)nickr Wrote: Surely it uses an external player, which is not kodi.

No, it is custom Kodi.
But, many issues at this point; wouldn't recommend, unless you want to be a guinea pig like those of us in their beta test group.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
(2015-11-07, 00:48)wesk05 Wrote:
(2015-11-07, 00:46)nickr Wrote: Surely it uses an external player, which is not kodi.

No, it is custom Kodi.

No, it's their closed-source rkffplayer with a Kodi wrapper. It's basically the same as an external player, but with the Kodi gui.
(2015-11-07, 02:46)Koying Wrote:
(2015-11-07, 00:48)wesk05 Wrote:

No, it is custom Kodi.

No, it's their closed-source rkffplayer with a Kodi wrapper. It's basically the same as an external player, but with the Kodi gui.
I thought zidoo used custum kodi and that they released the code for it. I know others use a external player made to look like kodi.

I could be completely wrong just thought or should i say hoped zidoo was doing things correctly
They are doing what they can.
It's that rk seems unable to do Android the standard way...
Do the heavier type of skins like Aeon MQ6 or Aeon Nox run well on the Nvidia Shield?.
Yes.
(2015-11-07, 21:04)Karnis Wrote: Yes.

Cheers, just ordered one from Amazon but no offers/discount, looking forward to it.Big Grin
(2015-11-07, 02:46)Koying Wrote: No, it's their closed-source rkffplayer with a Kodi wrapper. It's basically the same as an external player, but with the Kodi gui.

That is interesting... I knew Open Hour Gecko is doing that, but didn't know that Zidoo X6 was also doing it. I don't think those of us who have the X6 have noticed the external player during playback. If only I can figure out a way to unbrick my X6 Sad

@hdmkv, you may want to update your table. It looks like X6 is also using an external player.
Hi guys,

two days ago I installed the newest nightly because I was really frustrated about the stuttering in 15.2 on my Shield.

So far, the nightly runs fine but I'm still able to notice massive stuttering. Maybe we could get into it and find a solution (cause I have no ideas anymore...).

Setup is a Standard Shield with newest update, Kodi Nightly from Nov. 7th 2015. TV supports 24/50/60Hz 1080p and DTS audio. Networks is GBit and the source is a QNAP. Playing on TV via DLNA is working like charm, same on PC.

If I play a 24Hz movie, it's runs perfect and smooth as butter.
If I play a 30Hz movie, it's fine for the first two minutes or so, then it starts stuttering all the way like you play a game with 2/3/4 FPS. Sometimes it's OK after 10 more seconds, sometimes it never stops for the rest of the movie. While stuttering it helps to pause/play and it's working again for another 2 minutes.

I tried the following (with all combinations):
- turning hardware support on/off
- change video frequency on video playback on/off
- sync video on/off

I was wondering why the hell every movie is working perfect for the first minutes and then begins to stutter... is there any kind of buffer or something like that?

If you need some more informations, just tell me and I'll give my best Wink

BTW: I fixed my overscan settings because of this thread (change TV settings, not use Shield overscan "fix"). On a Samsung TV it's really weird to find and change Confused. You have to change the HDMI1 title to "PC DVI" with the "Tools" Button on your remote... WTF Samsung?

Greetings from Germany and keep up the good work! I Really love Kodi so far Smile

Cheers
In addition - i have stuttering on tv episodes with 50 fps. KODI switches to the right fps rate, the TV shows 50 fps, but the episodes stutters the whole time. 24p movies are playing fine on my setup.
  • 105(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
NVIDIA Shield (Android TV set-top box)9