• 257(current)
Intel NUC - Haswell (4th Generation CPU)
If the does not work, which open elec build are you using? Is your nuc connected directly to the yamaha?

Thanks
TV: Sony  65" A1E Surround: Yamaha RXA-3050 + ORB Audio Mod2 7.1.2 + SVS SB12-NSD Sub Processor: Darbee + DVDO iScan Mini Players: HDI Dune Solo4K + Apple TV4K + Vu+ Ultimo 4K NAS: Qnap TVS 871 Pro i7 16GB Ram 10GBe
(2015-10-08, 16:26)-DDD- Wrote: Why not use openelec for kodi &pvr only?

Because I want to try something new, and get better support for my PVR device (Playstation PlayTV) wich It's terrible unstable under Openelec, sometimes work others not and take a lot of time to configure because of Tvheadend issues. Also I think the remote delay repeat time could be faster in windows but not sure. I'm a Linux noob and the most part of the time I don't understand the commands what I put throug WinSCP, and always get a: "please debug log" when I ask for something, etc.

(2015-10-15, 18:41)a5ian300zx Wrote:
(2015-10-08, 14:24)javiertoti Wrote: Hi guys, can anyone tell me how good is W10 with our intel NUCs?

I will like to test it in my i3 NUC ( D34010WYK , 4gb ram ) but I don't know if it can handle the OS fine, just for run Kodi and PVR.

Thanks.
Hi,

I have w10 with nuc i5 and works perfect as w10 is more efficient and can run on older hardware which I have tested a work.

Auto launcher works fine, kodi and all the Plug ins I that used work fine too.

Thanks

Perfect, I'll look out for the launcher. Is it neccessary do something to make run the IR port?

Regards.
Sony XR 55 A80J
Kodi Nexus

Intel Nuc i3 + 4gb ram
OE 4.0.3
(2015-10-22, 21:11)javiertoti Wrote:
(2015-10-08, 16:26)-DDD- Wrote: Why not use openelec for kodi &pvr only?

Because I want to try something new, and get better support for my PVR device (Playstation PlayTV) wich It's terrible unstable under Openelec, sometimes work others not and take a lot of time to configure because of Tvheadend issues. Also I think the remote delay repeat time could be faster in windows but not sure. I'm a Linux noob and the most part of the time I don't understand the commands what I put throug WinSCP, and always get a: "please debug log" when I ask for something, etc.

(2015-10-15, 18:41)a5ian300zx Wrote:
(2015-10-08, 14:24)javiertoti Wrote: Hi guys, can anyone tell me how good is W10 with our intel NUCs?

I will like to test it in my i3 NUC ( D34010WYK , 4gb ram ) but I don't know if it can handle the OS fine, just for run Kodi and PVR.

Thanks.
Hi,

I have w10 with nuc i5 and works perfect as w10 is more efficient and can run on older hardware which I have tested a work.

Auto launcher works fine, kodi and all the Plug ins I that used work fine too.

Thanks

Perfect, I'll look out for the launcher. Is it neccessary do something to make run the IR port?

Regards.
Hi,

No ir port works fine as windows installs the drivers and it's perfect on my harmony remote where I can switch it on via ir.

I just wanted to ask how many nuc users are using openelec as I have never tried it before and was wondering does it work just as well as the windows version? What would be the downside to it?

Thanks
TV: Sony  65" A1E Surround: Yamaha RXA-3050 + ORB Audio Mod2 7.1.2 + SVS SB12-NSD Sub Processor: Darbee + DVDO iScan Mini Players: HDI Dune Solo4K + Apple TV4K + Vu+ Ultimo 4K NAS: Qnap TVS 871 Pro i7 16GB Ram 10GBe
(2015-10-29, 19:08)a5ian300zx Wrote: I just wanted to ask how many nuc users are using openelec as I have never tried it before and was wondering does it work just as well as the windows version? What would be the downside to it?
Using fritsch's Isengard builds of OE. Perfectly happy! But depends on your requirements. If you use Netflix or Amazon Prime you probably better stick to Windows. If unsure, you can install OE on a USB stick and test it before you nuke your SSD.
(2015-10-29, 21:45)M4tt0 Wrote:
(2015-10-29, 19:08)a5ian300zx Wrote: I just wanted to ask how many nuc users are using openelec as I have never tried it before and was wondering does it work just as well as the windows version? What would be the downside to it?
Using fritsch's Isengard builds of OE. Perfectly happy! But depends on your requirements. If you use Netflix or Amazon Prime you probably better stick to Windows. If unsure, you can install OE on a USB stick and test it before you nuke your SSD.
Hi,

Don't use amazon as I have xbox and Netflix I can't be bothered with.

If you can point me to this build that would be great.

I do use aeon mx theme and few plug ins like iplayer and itv player.

Thanks
(2015-10-30, 01:39)a5ian300zx Wrote:
(2015-10-29, 21:45)M4tt0 Wrote:
Hi,

Don't use amazon as I have xbox and Netflix I can't be bothered with.

If you can point me to this build that would be great.

I do use aeon mx theme and few plug ins like iplayer and itv player.

Thanks

Here: Fritsch's / Fernetmenta's Build
Read thread #1 and #2. They contain all the information you need.
If relevant, when I install OE on a (live) USB stick I use a second (installation) USB stick with the installer to do that, but there might be other ways.
Hi,

which one would i need for the haswell nuc? as they have one for braswell or newer.

Thanks
(2015-10-30, 22:29)a5ian300zx Wrote: Hi,

which one would i need for the haswell nuc? as they have one for braswell or newer.

Thanks

same for all NUCs
Hi
I hope someone can help here.
I updated my Haswell i5 to Openlec/Kodi 6 and it all worked fine yesterday.
Today, I can't get any audio out of my a/v amp and I've tried everything I can think of, with no joy.
The HDMI of the NUC is connected directly to my Panasonic TV and I have a display port-HDMI adapter sending the audio out to my a/v amp.
I've checked everything on the a/v amp too.
What's so weird is that after the upgrade, everything worked fine, yet today there's no audio
Thanks
(2015-10-30, 23:53)Matt Devo Wrote:
(2015-10-30, 22:29)a5ian300zx Wrote: Hi,

Thanks

same for all NUCs
Matt would you know of this build supports logitech wireless keyboard?

Thanks
(2015-11-05, 19:23)a5ian300zx Wrote: Matt would you know of this build supports logitech wireless keyboard?

Thanks

I can't think of any reason why not, there's nothing special about them. Mine work just fine. The only difference in fritsch's Intel-EGL build is the rendering pipeline for Intel GPUs. Everything else is the same as the standard OE version. Just throw it on a USB stick and boot in live mode if you have questions about hardware support.
Does dolby atmos now work with openelec passthrough?
(2015-11-09, 22:11)Nellgrove Wrote: Does dolby atmos now work with openelec passthrough?

Hasn't Atmos always worked with HD Audio passthrough on Intel platforms (I thought it was just a modified Dolby True HD bitstream and passed as such?) ? I thought it was only platforms that decoded Dolby True HD to PCM 5.1/7.1 (like the Pi 2) that could't handle Atmos as Atmos and fell back to regular Dolby True HD 5.1 decoding and ignored the additional 2.0 Atmos streams?

Or have I missed something?
Yes - always worked - but as OE5 was now a little old - it did not work there ... technically it's just TrueHD with some extra bits - that we skip ... so passthrough works correctly.

We still don't understand Atmos - we just skip the bits, in decoding case we decode the TrueHD track ... passthrough does Atmos.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
@noggin: You wanted to provide some HEVC samples iirc - could you mail them to me?
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
  • 257(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel NUC - Haswell (4th Generation CPU)7