• 87(current)
Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio
(2015-11-08, 21:03)goujam Wrote:
(2015-11-08, 21:01)wesk05 Wrote: @hdmkv: According to Koying, Zidoo X6 is using RockChip's player for Kodi playback - Zidoo X6 External Player. You may want to update your comparison table with this information.
That's seems strange because when you press o in film playback you get the same output as kodi.
Nothing to stop them writing a similar player - but presumably they can keep it closed source as it is 'external'?
(2015-11-08, 17:09)hdmkv Wrote: No as my ISO's are movie-only just like MVC MKV's. I use tsMuxeR to build ISO.

are you able to convert the mkv files to iso ?
Sure, easy to do with tsMuxeR.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My Family Room Theater
thanks hdmkv - will check it out
(2015-11-09, 21:50)dchabby Wrote: thanks hdmkv - will check it out

Very easy to use.

Just Add the Mkv
Then select Blu-ray ISO as output.
Done..
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
Only issue you may run into is TrueHD, if you don't have the separate core AC3 track. In this case, follow guide here to create a thd+ac3 track that tsMuxeR will accept.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My Family Room Theater
(2015-11-07, 02:46)Koying Wrote:
(2015-11-07, 00:48)wesk05 Wrote:
(2015-11-07, 00:46)nickr Wrote: Surely it uses an external player, which is not kodi.
No, it is custom Kodi.
No, it's their closed-source rkffplayer with a Kodi wrapper. It's basically the same as an external player, but with the Kodi gui.

Here is a Kodi debug log while playing a 3D ISO on Zidoo X6 firmware 1.0.22 (the latest). I see librkffplayer.so at lines 688 & 689. Is this the external player that you have mentioned?
Does kodi link to that library? ldd should tell you.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2015-11-10, 08:28)nickr Wrote: Does kodi link to that library? ldd should tell you.
How do you do that on Android?
Ahh ok I thought we were talking linux, not sure on android.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2015-11-10, 08:35)nickr Wrote: Ahh ok I thought we were talking linux, not sure on android.
Looks like I will have to learn Java to find that out Smile
Hello guys,

I used for one year minix x8hplus. Now it was broken so I'might wondering what is at the moment the best 4k player. I used it with a 4k TV with 1080 or 4k input.

Thanks for your support
If you are coming from an AMLogic S812-H platform and are now used to silky smooth 24p video output without 3:2 pulldown judder then the best 4K players at the moment are the nVIDIA Shield, the soon to be released WeTek Core and the Intel Braswell platforms.

First of all thank you for support.
Nvidia shield is my favourite hw but it'seems expensive 250€.
Do you have some suggestion for a cheaper hw? Under 150€

(2015-11-10, 14:14)wrxtasy Wrote: If you are coming from an AMLogic S812-H platform and are now used to silky smooth 24p video output without 3:2 pulldown judder then the best 4K players at the moment are the nVIDIA Shield, the soon to be released WeTek Core and the Intel Braswell platforms.
I have already mentioned it, and it should be out pretty soon. Take the conversation to the following thread before we hijack this one any further.
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=238923

• 87(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio17