• 12(current)
WeTek Core (24p HD Netflix / HD Audio / Lollipop / OpenELEC / 4K / HEVC)
@ Koying...

From my Mini review on Page #1:
Quote:Codecs I'm having trouble decoding in Kodi:
(interestingly my C1+ (AMLogic S805) has the exact same issue, its either Kodi or the AMLogic decoder itself.)

Is this box available yet, the website just says coming soon?
https://wetek.com/product/wetek-core

I need a box that plays Netflix, Amazon Prime (UK), BBC iPlayer (UK) and Kodi. I don't need HD sound as it's just for a small TV. Will this do the job?
Netflix and Amazon Prime (the german version if I'm not mistaken, but shouldn't matter which region it is) have been tested and working. Can't answer about iPlayer because I have no way to try it here in Italy.
Kodi works good as it usually does on Amlogic devices.

The box should start selling very soon, we have worked on some last minute improvements/fixes so the boxes that have to be sold need a firmware re-flash Wink
(2015-11-09, 09:39)ChristianTroy Wrote: Welcome guys, I signed up here as well.

I can confirm that the problem that uboot was corrupting hdcp keys has been fixed (koying I've just mailed you a zip file with a rom without hdcp, you can flash it copying the recovery.img from that zip and the zip itself to a microsd card and booting pressing the pinhole, then choosing apply update from -> sd -> zip and doing a factory reset before rebooting).

The newer builds should also include all the apps I did for WeTek, like the new launcher, the new WeUpdate that is not slow as **** like the stock Amlogic upgrader app (I had put that app there temporary because I knew was crappy but I also knew I was going to code a brand new one), the selector for which app enabling the 24p video mode.
The new setup wizard is already included if I'm not wrong (I saw the welcome screen on cnx's review).

Yesterday I completed a Tvheadend helper app that needs to be coupled with a flashable zip file that includes the drivers built from linux-media git few weeks ago and it requires root permissions because it has to load the required drivers for the plugged in tuner, you can flash supersu zip using cwm for the Core.

Android has nothing like udev to try to automatically load the required driver when you plug in something so I had to rely on parsing "modules.alias" to read the vip/pid and busybox's modprobe to load the driver.
That modprobe, though, fails to attach the frontend so it requires some user interaction to add the frontend kernel module to the app's settings (no manual insmodding though, once added the app will load it), it supports passing options by adding them to /system/etc/modprobe.conf (i had to add "options dvb_usb_dib0700 force_lna_activation=1" to that file for the Nova-T Stick).
It's not rocket science and if you search on LinuxTV wiki (or just pay attention to the dump of dmesg.txt that I create on the sdcard when a frontend is not found you can see a "cannot find XXX_attach" and most of the time the driver is just "XXX").

You can enable automatic start at boot, enable oscam, enable acl or anonymous access... and there's an option that will hold a wakelock (preventing the device from going into standby) when tvh is running.
As stated in that option I strongly recommend keeping it turned on because the kernel doesn't take nicely that.
It also doesn't like the unplugging of some devices, even with the server turned off (that will also unload the loaded modules), it panics randomly. It happens with the dvb-usb-dib0700 based but not with the dvb-usb-af9015 one (I have these two dvb-t usb sticks at home and both work).
My suggestion is, anyway, to not unplug it from Android if the kernel driver had been previously loaded (like if tvheadend was running). Just reboot to recovery and unplug it from there Wink

Here you can see some screenshot of this new app: http://imgur.com/a/d7HOu

I work on Android roms since few years but I just recently started studying app development and those apps are my first creations so if there are any bugs or suggestions I will try to make things working right.

That is awesome news, thanks.
(2015-11-09, 20:10)ChristianTroy Wrote: Netflix and Amazon Prime (the german version if I'm not mistaken, but shouldn't matter which region it is) have been tested and working. Can't answer about iPlayer because I have no way to try it here in Italy.

The box should start selling very soon, we have worked on some last minute improvements/fixes so the boxes that have to be sold need a firmware re-flash Wink

Thanks, has the UK price been decided yet?
(2015-11-09, 20:10)ChristianTroy Wrote: Netflix and Amazon Prime (the german version if I'm not mistaken, but shouldn't matter which region it is) have been tested and working. Can't answer about iPlayer because I have no way to try it here in Italy.

ma sei italiano? # are you italian? Shocked
LG OLED 55E8 - M9702(oppo 203) -  Dinobot U5PVR(Enigma 2) - Meccol KI pro(COREelec) - Sony PS5
AndroidPremiumPlayer blog - HI - Frequency Switcher 
Is any tester using an isdb-t/isdb-tb tuner or will there be support for it?
That market has been forgotten Sad
My XBMC/Kodi folder: addons, skins, addon/menu backgrounds & more
(2015-11-09, 20:43)dave77 Wrote: Thanks, has the UK price been decided yet?

I just asked but not yet, as soon as I'll know something I will post it

(2015-11-09, 20:46)looun Wrote: ma sei italiano? # are you italian? Shocked

yep Wink

(2015-11-09, 20:57)Veronica Wrote: Is any tester using an isdb-t/isdb-tb tuner or will there be support for it?
That market has been forgotten Sad

The Core is sold as media player only, with no tuner. Anyway running the officially supported OE or using the Android app and kernel drivers I will post when the device has been released you can use a USB tuner.
OE uses the kernel drivers present in 3.10.X (should be .75 right now) while I decided to include those from the linux-media git repository (so some drivers are backported).

Looking at http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/IS...SB_Devices you can see if yours is supported by 3.10 kernel (for OE) or looking in this file that contains the list of vendor id / product id (vXXXXpXXXX) for the drivers I have built

edit: but I don't know if vdr or tvheadend supports isdb-t to be honest
Will there also be Google Cast functionality? Just like the Nvidia Shield Android TV and the Razer Forge? Or do you have to flash an Android TV rom to get that functionality?

If it's possible, and the HD audio passtrough will be fixed, it would be some really awesome device!
No, not even with Android TV because casting requires some keys from Google that are not given to any device but those android tv certified. Before that you could cast, but after few months G got pissed off and with an update of Play Services introduced this signing thing.
The "Backdrop" screensaver is included though because it's nicer than the moving clock and was a feature request I got from many users.

HD audio passtrough works using apps that use Android APIs, I'm speaking with Koying right now to see if Kodi can find a way to do the same, but such APIs are too high level for the way Kodi is designed.
While we are on the subject of Audio what does the WeTek Core being DTS licensed allow ?

Using the PCM decoding from Android apps (like MX Player) for example. It's like being GMS certified, you can run Google Apps on any device but legally you can't if you're not certified. The same for DD/DTS certification, without that PCM decoding could be done, but would break the law.
(2015-11-10, 12:25)ChristianTroy Wrote: Using the PCM decoding from Android apps (like MX Player) for example. It's like being GMS certified, you can run Google Apps on any device but legally you can't if you're not certified. The same for DD/DTS certification, without that PCM decoding could be done, but would break the law.

Presumably this is to ensure that licenses are paid to ensure legality in some regions. Kodi and ffmpeg effectively offload this requirement to the end user - expecting us to be responsible and have the right licenses in place if we use the software. However if you sell a product with this functionality built in, you should be providing the licenses to the end user.

It's the same as the Raspberry Pi foundation providing H264 encode/decode as standard (as they have licensed this codec) but requiring a small further payment for MPEG2/VC-1 support (which will fund the license costs for these)
English simple explanations please.

Even I cannot understand half of that, so DTS licensing is required is you are decoding to PCM, say by using MX Player ?
What is GMS ?

If that is the case, why even bother when AMLogic cannot output greater than 2.0 channels of PCM Audio ?

(2015-11-10, 13:08)wrxtasy Wrote: If that is the case, why even bother when AMLogic cannot output greater than 2.0 channels of PCM Audio ?

If you don't decode DTS to PCM 2.0 then you can't play content that has DTS audio on a normal TV that only accepts PCM 2.0 input? Base level HDMI audio compatibility is just PCM 2.0 - you can't assume any Dolby or DTS decode functionality.

If you want to legally sell a device that has DTS to PCM 2.0 decode, then my understanding is that it needs to have a DTS licence?
  • 12(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
WeTek Core (24p HD Netflix / HD Audio / Lollipop / OpenELEC / 4K / HEVC)4