• 5(current)
iOS App Signer - Install Kodi without Jailbreak (iOS and tvOS)
I have a couple ideas of what could be wrong...

Place a break point on the line that says "Error creating temp folder" and see what the values of tempTask.output and tempTask.status are

My guess is that for some reason mktemp may be returning an exit code of something other than 0 (which would cause the app to display that error message)

Alternatively, you could also try commenting out the return statement directly following the setStatus for the error message and that would continue (if mktemp is actually working properly that is)
tempTask.status is 1 instead of 0
tempTask.output is "mktemp: mkdtemp failed on com.DanTheMan827.AppSigner.xxxxxxxxxx: File exists\n"

I had previously tried commenting out the return statement, but that fails because mktemp is not actually creating the folder.

However, the File exists message, was helpful. Apparently at some point, the folder was created but never cleaned up, and so it was actually failing because it already existed. However, after trashing it, I get a new error: Error unpacking data.tar

It gets as far as unpacking the .deb and moving it (I can see it in the path /Users/David/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/iOS_App_Signer-bwbyfgmmbcldethbtdsxlcdbvibk/Build/Products/Debug/com.DanTheMan827.AppSigner.xxxxxxxxxx/deb/data.tar.lzma), but after that it fails to unpack the tar.
output String "tar: Error opening archive: Failed to open 'com.DanTheMan827.AppSigner.xxxxxxxxxx/deb/data.tar.lzma'\n"

Permissions issue perhaps? It does now seem to be cleaning up after itself.
(2015-11-10, 22:24)ChipsAhoy Wrote: tempTask.status is 1 instead of 0
tempTask.output is "mktemp: mkdtemp failed on com.DanTheMan827.AppSigner.xxxxxxxxxx: File exists\n"

I had previously tried commenting out the return statement, but that fails because mktemp is not actually creating the folder.

However, the File exists message, was helpful. Apparently at some point, the folder was created but never cleaned up, and so it was actually failing because it already existed. However, after trashing it, I get a new error: Error unpacking data.tar

It gets as far as unpacking the .deb and moving it (I can see it in the path /Users/David/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/iOS_App_Signer-bwbyfgmmbcldethbtdsxlcdbvibk/Build/Products/Debug/com.DanTheMan827.AppSigner.xxxxxxxxxx/deb/data.tar.lzma), but after that it fails to unpack the tar.
output String "tar: Error opening archive: Failed to open 'com.DanTheMan827.AppSigner.xxxxxxxxxx/deb/data.tar.lzma'\n"

Permissions issue perhaps? It does now seem to be cleaning up after itself.

Thanks for the reply, I apparently had the mktemp command arguments wrong (I still don't know if it will work or not though)... Line 263 of ViewController.swift should actually read

Code:
let tempTask = NSTask().execute(mktempPath, workingDirectory: nil, arguments: ["-d","-t","com.DanTheMan827.AppSigner"])

and the output of the command should be an absolute temp directory path something like /var/folders/67/ltv8wy3n4b32s3wk1hlp15wr0000gn/T/com.DanTheMan827.AppSigner.LN5rND4h (with a newline at the end that gets trimmed off later at line 268)

Needing to re-sign the file after my app seems like the entitlements.plist isn't getting generated properly (probably because of the temp folder issue)

comment out the first three lines of func cleanup and see what the temp folder contains after running it

In the case of Kodi it will have a deb folder, entitlements.plist, payload, and possibly some other files
* MrMC bets a dollar that your native tar does not support lzma
I just pulled your latest source and it now gets all the way through the process and creates the ipa, but still gets the "application could not be verified" message when I try to install it. However, if I run the .ipa through iResign, it installs and runs perfectly.

Opening the packages, I see that iResign is adding the file: "embedded.mobileprovision"
Hi Dan - Many thanks for your replies.

I am on OSX 10.11.1 with Xcode 7.1 and it looks like I don't have any certificates for iPhone Development. Keychain Access says certificate signed with unknown authority. The terminal command brings me 0 certificates.

I am not in a Apple developer program, just have an Apple ID. The document you linked seems like it's only applicable if you're on the developer program.

I am checking with Apple in this regard.
Hi Dan - Found out that I had to install some inter-mediate certificates from Apple to get it working. All good now.

Many thanks for all your help. Smile
Which deb file do you use on step 7? Sorry for the questions just really excited about all this.
(2015-11-11, 05:42)slauz Wrote: Hi Dan - Many thanks for your replies.

I am on OSX 10.11.1 with Xcode 7.1 and it looks like I don't have any certificates for iPhone Development. Keychain Access says certificate signed with unknown authority. The terminal command brings me 0 certificates.

I am not in a Apple developer program, just have an Apple ID. The document you linked seems like it's only applicable if you're on the developer program.

I am checking with Apple in this regard.

Nope. Apple ID is fine. How I created mine.
I really have no idea what I am talking about. Proceed with caution. I confuse easily. And drink. A lot.
(2015-11-11, 07:14)jammar Wrote: Which deb file do you use on step 7? Sorry for the questions just really excited about all this.

The deb file from here: http://mirrors.kodi.tv/apt/ios/deb/
I really have no idea what I am talking about. Proceed with caution. I confuse easily. And drink. A lot.
ill get to very end, ill click windows, devices, then choose iPhone 6 plus. At the point where it installs IPA i get "The executable was signed with invalid entitlements.The entitlements specified in your application’s Code Signing Entitlements file do not match those specified in your provisioning profile. (0xE8008016). Where am i going wrong? i have had zero issues using Xcode with apple tv but don't have the same luck with the iPhone.
where do I find my provisioning profile?
(2015-11-13, 22:25)chrisjohnson83 Wrote: ill get to very end, ill click windows, devices, then choose iPhone 6 plus. At the point where it installs IPA i get "The executable was signed with invalid entitlements.The entitlements specified in your application’s Code Signing Entitlements file do not match those specified in your provisioning profile. (0xE8008016). Where am i going wrong? i have had zero issues using Xcode with apple tv but don't have the same luck with the iPhone.

Could you let me know what version of OS X you're running? I'll take a look and see if I can replicate the problem
(2015-11-13, 23:19)Shawzborne Wrote: where do I find my provisioning profile?

If you follow the instructions on post #1 you should end up with a provisioning profile that can be used to sign the app.

If you're a paid developer and have a provisioning profile, Xcode should be able to download it for you.

Regardless of what type of account you have, the app should find it provided that it was downloaded through Xcode

You need to have Xcode 7 to get a free provisioning profile
With Xcode 7.1.1 I followed the steps exactly I already have a developer account so its selected in app signer and now when I open iOS app signer, under the provisioning profile I don't see my: com.shawzborne.Kodi listed under provisioning profile. I can see my other Xcode provisioning files from other projects however.
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
iOS App Signer - Install Kodi without Jailbreak (iOS and tvOS)8