• 42(current)
Android Nvidia Shield Android TV (Updated Jan 26 2017 - 5.0 update)
Here is the link to my log file that you requested: http://xbmclogs.com/ptzngsjcv
The file I was playing when the audio issues began is smb://NAS/Volume_1/TV Shows/The Flash/The.Flash.2014.S02E06.720p.HDTV.X264-DIMENSION.mkv is that makes it easier to find.
All. Looking for help.

Running a Shield tv with 15.2 kodi and connected to a Marantz SR6007 receiver.

No matter what I do, I can't play any ac3 or dts movies. All I get is static. Picture is fine. Pass through enabled, dd and dts capable selected.

When I play the same file in the Google movies player, I have no problems at all, so the issue lies with Kodi and not my receiver.

Help! Thx!
(2015-11-13, 05:09)scottgoodman Wrote: All. Looking for help.

Running a Shield tv with 15.2 kodi and connected to a Marantz SR6007 receiver.

No matter what I do, I can't play any ac3 or dts movies. All I get is static. Picture is fine. Pass through enabled, dd and dts capable selected.

When I play the same file in the Google movies player, I have no problems at all, so the issue lies with Kodi and not my receiver.

Help! Thx!

I get this if my shield volume is not set to 100% full volume
Just got the shield tv and it is a fantastic little box. i was able to install latest nightly and everything works fine. I do have a question on uPNP sharing though. I have dedicated HTPC with all the libraries running on kodi 15.2 which i am using as upnp server but for some reason i do not see the htpc on shield tv as a upnp source.

does upnp work with different versions of kodi?
is there a setting that i should enable in SATV or HTPC besides enabling upnp under services?
or am i missing something in total?

This is my first time using upnp and not sure what is going on. I have the whole setup on mySQL and it works great but wanted to see if i can go with upnp since kodi versions are different right now.
Intel® Quad Core i5 Sandybridge @3.40GHz | ASRock Z775 Mobo 8GB DDR3 Ram | Logitech K400 Keyboard |
| Logitec Harmony 550 Remote| 46' Samsung LCD TV | Onkyo TX-S605 w/ Bose 5.1 Surround
I did read some pages here and tried the search function, didn't find the right stuff.
So if that was posted already sorry and please show me where ;-)

I can't seem to get subtitles work, I always get the Error "subtitles download failed".
This happens with opensubtitles and subscene. Anyone got the same error?

Here is my log http://xbmclogs.com/pucwpdmvf

Thanks
Code:
23:47:31 T:18446744071606947328   ERROR: void CGUIDialogSubtitles::OnDownloadComplete(const CFileItemList*, const string&) - Saving of subtitle /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/service.subtitles.subscene/temp/20037996-7f7c-428e-983c-6ed9d6dde112/8.Mile.2002.1080p.BluRay.H264.AAC-RARBG.srt to /storage/usbdrive/8 Mile (2002).en.srt failed

Do you have a USB drive on the shield? its trying to save it to it and failing.
(2015-11-13, 19:53)hunkyn Wrote: Just got the shield tv and it is a fantastic little box. i was able to install latest nightly and everything works fine. I do have a question on uPNP sharing though. I have dedicated HTPC with all the libraries running on kodi 15.2 which i am using as upnp server but for some reason i do not see the htpc on shield tv as a upnp source.

does upnp work with different versions of kodi?
is there a setting that i should enable in SATV or HTPC besides enabling upnp under services?
or am i missing something in total?

This is my first time using upnp and not sure what is going on. I have the whole setup on mySQL and it works great but wanted to see if i can go with upnp since kodi versions are different right now.

Maybe I'm confused, but why would you UPNP share to the SATV? Why cant the SATV play the files itself and use the mysql library?

Cheers!
Hi
If I watch live TV under Kodi will I be able to save the recordings on the Shield's hard disk? I'm debating whether to get the 16gb or 500gb Shield model but this largely depends on whether I can save video recordings.
Cheers
(2015-11-14, 00:03)wyild1 Wrote: Maybe I'm confused, but why would you UPNP share to the SATV? Why cant the SATV play the files itself and use the mysql library?

Cheers!

I could use the mySQL but there both of them are different versions of kodi. The latest nightlies seems to be better on SATV so wanted to go upnp way. Anyway i figured out the issue that was causing and fixed it. But did not like upnp library so went back to 15.2 on both the systems and mysql works perfectly.
Intel® Quad Core i5 Sandybridge @3.40GHz | ASRock Z775 Mobo 8GB DDR3 Ram | Logitech K400 Keyboard |
| Logitec Harmony 550 Remote| 46' Samsung LCD TV | Onkyo TX-S605 w/ Bose 5.1 Surround
Or install a nightly on both too.
@wyild1, yes i got usb attached. i also tried changing the destination to nfs drive or root folder.
the problem stays the same.
(2015-11-14, 15:37)tem_invictus Wrote: @wyild1, yes i got usb attached. i also tried changing the destination to nfs drive or root folder.
the problem stays the same.

Did you try changing the destination of downloaded subtitles to the internal drive?
On usb drives, currently, you can only write from Kodi to, e.g. /storage/usbdrive/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files
Quote:Did you try changing the destination of downloaded subtitles to the internal drive?
On usb drives, currently, you can only write from Kodi to, e.g. /storage/usbdrive/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files

Yes i tried the internal drive as well, no luck either. :-(
(2015-11-14, 18:31)tem_invictus Wrote:
Quote:Did you try changing the destination of downloaded subtitles to the internal drive?

Yes i tried the internal drive as well, no luck either. :-(

Ok, now I got it working.
It seems it only works in the Downloads Folder of Android System. But thats ok for me.
BTW, If you are interested in buying Nvidia Shield right now,
NVIDIA is running a promotion, where you get 25$ discount and free Shield remote to that! Smile
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B013HJ13V0/ref=...UTF8&psc=1
  • 42(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Nvidia Shield Android TV (Updated Jan 26 2017 - 5.0 update)6