• 91(current)
Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio
(2015-11-12, 19:04)hdmkv Wrote: Too pricey just to verify framerates, but thanks. Re: Pi2, do you have one of the latest nightly builds installed? And, in Videos > Acceleration, 'Use Full HD HDMI modes for 3D' enabled? Should work.

It can do more than refresh rate verification Wink Once you do calibration, you will get perfect grayscale/gamma tracking and also 3D LUTs. But, yeah the investment cost is high.

I have not tried with the latest nightly build, but I was trying it about two weeks ago with the nightly builds at that time. I did have "Use Full HD HDMI mode for 3D" enabled. I will try it again this weekend.
As you have a Lumagen Radiance Mini-3D, I (and others here surely) would be very interested in learning what framerates are actually being passed by Pi2, Zidoo X6, etc. Do you also have HiMedia Q5? Would be good to confirm if it too is outputting 23.976 for 3D ISO's or not.

BTW, Pi2 builds have had 3D ISO support since mid-September or so, so don't know why it isn't working for you. Happy to upload a short 3D ISO sample for you to try out.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My Family Room Theater
I'm sorry, but I'm still a little confused about Nvidia MVC decoding.

According to what I've read, most Nvidia cards support hardware accelerated MVC decoding, so why can't this be implemented into Kodi?

Is it because Nvidia will only provide the interface to commercial applications like PowerDVD?
We're referring to the nVidia Shield TV console here. H/W decoding of MVC may be possible, but nVidia hasn't stated anything about it. It previously even stated it had "no plans" to support MVC, but many users have requested it. So, who knows, maybe they'll add support and maybe then Kodi devs can take advantage of it. Seems like a long-shot at the moment however.
My Family Room Theater
(2015-11-12, 22:07)SofaKng Wrote: I'm sorry, but I'm still a little confused about Nvidia MVC decoding.

According to what I've read, most Nvidia cards support hardware accelerated MVC decoding, so why can't this be implemented into Kodi?

Is it because Nvidia will only provide the interface to commercial applications like PowerDVD?

They do but its windows only as well. I think the main branch of KODI is pretty strict on only taking commits that work across most platforms and with good reason it cuts down on why does it work on system A but not system B questions.
(2015-11-12, 00:15)hdmkv Wrote:
(2015-11-11, 21:52)Skank Wrote: That "bug" is present in kodi on all platforms... Every 3d iso played in 2d stops at some time. This on windows, android, openelec.
Not only with seamless branching titles...
Remuxing doesnt help.
I tried that.
All those titles do play fine on himedia, total media theater, powerdvd... I tried it on mede8er too and that want a problem either... So it is kodi somehow..
So, had to try this. Played ISO of 'Finding Nemo 3D' & skipped ahead to 1h26m15s and plays fine via my RPi2. This was in 3D mode. Stopped, and re-played, now in 2D mode to 1h26m15s. Still no issue. However, mine's a movie-only ISO made via tsMuxeR (main H.264/MVC video stream, TrueHD audio stream & chapters only).

Playing fine just past 1h26m15s in 3D mode (photo taken with 3D glasses in between iPhone & screen):

Playing fine just past 1h26m15s in 2D mode:

Did discover another issue while doing above tests though, with my Epson 5025UB projector. I had been relying on its 'Info.' tab to see what framerate it was receiving from media player, but looks like this can't be relied upon for 3D ISO's... they all show as 24.00 for RPi2 and HiMedia Q5. Switch to 2D mode, and PJ shows 23.97. Don't know if this means true 23.976 is being displayed or Epson converts to 24.00 or what?!?! Wish there was a reliable, affordable device available to test true framerates.

Oh, one more thing... I'd previously reported RPi2 may not be able to handle very heavy action sequences in 3D ISO's. This was because when I (two separate times) played 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' 3D ISO, the opening action-packed sequence had frame skips & stuttering. This time, after the 'Nemo' tests above, guess what?! Smooth playback. I'm discovering that with my Synology NAS, I need to play a couple of random videos (preferably high bitrate test files) when I initially fire up my home theater & use any media player to fully wake everything up (if that makes sense). Seems the initial skips/stutters may be related to the hard drives in the NAS not being fully spun up. Cuz even the high bitrate Jellyfish & Birds clips play a little better after initial runs.

Cn you please test what ive via pm?
Im not sure of that part in nemo..
Ah!

@hdmkv I keep trying to add to your reputation but my account won't even let me send a pm let alone add reputation!

http://imgur.com/a/tsycO
No worries efernandejr, thanks.
My Family Room Theater
hdmkv, can you please test the movie link i sent you in pm
I'd be happy to, but I'd rather not download from the source/link you sent me. What movie is it? I may already have it.
My Family Room Theater
(2015-11-13, 14:51)hdmkv Wrote: I'd be happy to, but I'd rather not download from the source/link you sent me. What movie is it? I may already have it.

Why not?
Lol its 100% safe
Captain america 2
But if you try yours.. i'm not sure it has it too
Unless you can check and then share yours so i can check too
Yep, have it. So play 'Captain America: The Winter Soldier' 3D ISO from 1:15:00 to 1:30:00, but in 2D mode, on any player? No point testing in Zidoo yet as we know it has playback issues.
My Family Room Theater
Yes test that 3d iso in 2d mode on zidoo kodi and tell me...
Himedia plays it perfect, zidoo not
(2015-11-13, 21:13)hdmkv Wrote: Yep, have it. So play 'Captain America: The Winter Soldier' 3D ISO from 1:15:00 to 1:30:00, but in 2D mode, on any player? No point testing in Zidoo yet as we know it has playback issues.

Zidoo says it doesnt have that issue but i say it has!
I just played it in 2D using your timeframe.
No problems at all.
Looks perfect.
W10, Kodi Jarvis internal player.
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus
DIY HOME THEATER WIND EFFECT

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W
  • 91(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio17