• 95(current)
Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio
Would love to know as well. Futeko has forwarded my e-mail to Venz EU, so waiting to see if they'll reply. Also, cautious about "TLBB" in the product name... isn't that "The Little Black Box"? Recall previous TLBB having banned add-ons pre-installed.

Futeko said they don't have the actual box/hardware yet.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My Family Room Theater
(2015-11-16, 15:50)wrxtasy Wrote: http://www.futeko.com/products/MP064.php
I can smell GPL violations all over this both with OpenELEC and Kodi. Happy to be proven wrong.

Simon @ Futeko needs to be asked this important question first.

I will ask Venztech about GPL.

I guess it isn't an issue though before the product is released?
(2015-11-16, 15:50)hdmkv Wrote: Would love to know as well. Futeko has forwarded my e-mail to Venz EU, so waiting to see if they'll reply. Also, cautious about "TLBB" in the product name... isn't that "The Little Black Box"? Recall previous TLBB having banned add-ons pre-installed.

Venztech were the manufacturer of TLBB / TLBB2 but they did it under licence. 'TLBB' was a separate company based in the UK. Venztech also manufactured boxes for Xtreamer and others. They are a significant Chinese manufacturer.

TLBB did indeed sell boxes pre-loaded with dubious add-ons. That's why they don't exist anymore. There has been something of a clampdown on fully loaded boxes in the UK and I believe (I don't know) they got caught up in this.

Venztech bought the TLBB brandname this summer and are now starting to sell boxes under that brand. I appreciate that TLBB is a tainted brand, but apparently they sold significant numbers of TLBB 1+2 and Venztech think the brand is worth resurrecting.

I am assured (absolutely assured - I don't fancy going to jail) that TLBB V8 will have no dubious add-ons installed or have them available to install via 'quick install' or similar (like Sumvision X4 and Xtreamer 4K do).

I've also been absolutely assured that the box will deliver to specs. Venztech are very experienced and the software devs they are using were involved in TLBB 1+2 which used similar Amlogic chipsets (M3 and M6). The Venztech V3 we sell also runs OpenELEC and works very well.

As ever, the proof will come with product delivery. I hope it delivers to spec, because it might be the sort of complete one-box Kodi solution many people are looking for.
When is this box scheduled for?
(2015-11-16, 16:24)Skank Wrote: When is this box scheduled for?

2nd December.
Is there a way i get a demo unit too?
Would love to see if it delivers what it is supposed to do
Does Amazon Fire TV 2015 be able to do the 3D? thanks!
Unfortunately, no.
My Family Room Theater
(2015-11-16, 16:12)futeko Wrote:
(2015-11-16, 15:50)hdmkv Wrote: Would love to know as well. Futeko has forwarded my e-mail to Venz EU, so waiting to see if they'll reply. Also, cautious about "TLBB" in the product name... isn't that "The Little Black Box"? Recall previous TLBB having banned add-ons pre-installed.

Venztech were the manufacturer of TLBB / TLBB2 but they did it under licence. 'TLBB' was a separate company based in the UK. Venztech also manufactured boxes for Xtreamer and others. They are a significant Chinese manufacturer.

TLBB did indeed sell boxes pre-loaded with dubious add-ons. That's why they don't exist anymore. There has been something of a clampdown on fully loaded boxes in the UK and I believe (I don't know) they got caught up in this.

Venztech bought the TLBB brandname this summer and are now starting to sell boxes under that brand. I appreciate that TLBB is a tainted brand, but apparently they sold significant numbers of TLBB 1+2 and Venztech think the brand is worth resurrecting.

I am assured (absolutely assured - I don't fancy going to jail) that TLBB V8 will have no dubious add-ons installed or have them available to install via 'quick install' or similar (like Sumvision X4 and Xtreamer 4K do).

I've also been absolutely assured that the box will deliver to specs. Venztech are very experienced and the software devs they are using were involved in TLBB 1+2 which used similar Amlogic chipsets (M3 and M6). The Venztech V3 we sell also runs OpenELEC and works very well.

As ever, the proof will come with product delivery. I hope it delivers to spec, because it might be the sort of complete one-box Kodi solution many people are looking for.

@futeko

Thank you for joining this forum,we need more passionate and knowledgeable people in this forum.
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
Sold my copy zidoo x6 fed up with the 3d issues

Looking what to decide, either himedia Q5 or this new venzbox.. either way, futeko will ship again for me :p
I cant find it, but does venz have a website?
(2015-11-16, 10:48)looun Wrote: custom OpenELEC Huh with full 3d Undecided
That would be a pretty big modification to OpenELEC to get right, but I suppose it's possible.
(2015-11-16, 20:32)movie78 Wrote: @futeko

Thank you for joining this forum,we need more passionate and knowledgeable people in this forum.
+1. Simon is that rare reseller that is actually very well versed in products he's selling (imagine that Smile), and is providing forum support where even manufacturers aren't.
My Family Room Theater
Ok.. I got some very very interesting big news concerning zidoo x6...
I already sold my copy but havent shipped yet so i would do this final last test.. And boy perhaps i sold too soon lol
Anyway..

I have this bug that my 3d iso stopped playing in 2d in zidoo kodi. (All 3d iso)
Hdmkv told me if i tried it with native player and so i did..
I opened explorer and tried that same iso.. Where i know where it happens....
Guess what? Perfect playback! I knew it it was kodi cause i have it with openelec and windows kodi too ,but not with himedia or mede8er
It actually played flawless in native zidoo.
I wondered.. What if all those other bugs wouldnt be there?
I tried 3d iso frozen which played in kodi from the middle.. And tada.. Perfect playback from start!
Tried epic 3d iso which had multichannel stereo instead of hd audio , tada perfect hd audio!
Tried the croods which had bad artefacts in kodi.. Again perfect playback!
Wtf?
I had all these issues with zidoo kodi:
- 3d iso played as 2d, stopped playing
-3d iso frozen started from middle
-3d croods bad artefacts and freezing audio
-3d epic multichannel stereo

But none with zidoo native! None!

I wonder when zidoo tries if they try in kodi or native player.
But it seems kodi makes things harder..
For all those having issues.. Try native player? Some might not be there anymore
Anyway, kodi should act the same.

I just wanted this to share
Yep, this is the odd thing. Zidoo and HiMedia are actually using the native (external) player via their custom Kodi, just with Kodi player UI wrapper (per Koying). But, when you use the external player by itself and not via Kodi wrapper, the video performance is sometimes different.
My Family Room Theater
  • 95(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio17