• 96(current)
Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio
(2015-11-16, 23:18)hdmkv Wrote: Yep, this is the odd thing. Zidoo and HiMedia are actually using the native (external) player via their custom Kodi, just with Kodi player UI wrapper (per Koying). But, when you use the external player by itself and not via Kodi wrapper, the video performance is sometimes different.

Guess they arent.. Otherwise i wouldnt have the kodi bug playing 3d as 2d
100% sure its kodi now
Guess you are guessing. It is equally possible that hdmkv is right and that the external player behaves differently when called from inside the wrapper/kodi.

Where TF are the representatives of the manufacturers to help debug this? Perhaps team kodi should add a term to the licencing agreement for the trademark requiring licencees to maintain a useful presence on this forum.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2015-11-17, 03:45)nickr Wrote: Guess you are guessing. It is equally possible that hdmkv is right and that the external player behaves differently when called from inside the wrapper/kodi.

Where TF are the representatives of the manufacturers to help debug this? Perhaps team kodi should add a term to the licencing agreement for the trademark requiring licencees to maintain a useful presence on this forum.

Why would the player behave different? its the same player... only other gui?

Snippet from zidoo tech :

We only porting the video codec for kodi, the demux and the audio sync use the kodi source code, we do not change it.
The kodi did not have the 3D iso/mkv source code, we add it. the way of reading stream file is difference for kodi and native player, maybe this is the problem for those isuue
If you compare Q5 with the upcoming Venz 4K player..
Say it does what it promises ..
Whats the difference between the two? (apart from the fact, that Venz will use kodi gui) Which one has better speed, proc, more ram, better 4K? etc etc?
Q5 is on Android, and Venz is claiming on OpenELEC, which is something new as we've only seen 3D MVC work on Raspberry Pi w/OpenELEC or OSMC to date.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
Is anyone aware that Zidoo is coming out with a Amlogic S905 Quad Core TV Box?
ZIDOO S905
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
(2015-11-17, 16:42)movie78 Wrote: Is anyone aware that Zidoo is coming out with a Amlogic S905 Quad Core TV Box?
ZIDOO S905

Lol already?
They should finish X6 first

Thatswhy i gave up on zidoo
Had high hopes, but they dont make their promises come true
I see mirror88 mention it here.

Haven't seen anything that says Amlogic S905 boxes will support 3D or even HD audio.
My HT
hdmkv, what's the status for surround 5.1 or 7.1 AAC or LPCM decoding? I saw from your test that H8 and X6 outputs surround LPCM as 2.0, other Android players are the same?
Some small AAC samples are at this link. My Q5 output any surround AAC as 2.0.
I know that it's best to avoid any recoding and preserve original soundtrack (truehd, hdmaster) but there are many movies encoded with surround AAC sound for which I don't bother to search other encode.
Thanks.
Chart needs updated :p
Yep, chart needs updating, but no time yet. Re: LPCM, H8 and X6 are still outputting 5.1 and 7.1 as 2.0. Never tested on Q5. Haven't tested any 5.1 AAC.

Edit: Thanks for the AAC samples link; I've download the 'HE-AAC Channel ID - With H.264 Video' file for future tests...
Code:
General
Complete name                            : Y:\Various Clips\Video Test Clips\HD Audio Tests\AAC_6channel.mp4
Format                                   : MPEG-4
Format profile                           : JVT
Codec ID                                 : avc1
File size                                : 1.05 MiB
Duration                                 : 46s 625ms
Overall bit rate mode                    : Variable
Overall bit rate                         : 189 Kbps
Encoded date                             : UTC 2012-05-17 00:54:33
Tagged date                              : UTC 2012-05-17 00:54:33

Video
ID                                       : 1
Format                                   : AVC
Format/Info                              : Advanced Video Codec
Format profile                           : [email protected]
Format settings, CABAC                   : Yes
Format settings, ReFrames                : 4 frames
Codec ID                                 : avc1
Codec ID/Info                            : Advanced Video Coding
Bit rate                                 : 26.7 Kbps
Maximum bit rate                         : 179 Kbps
Width                                    : 800 pixels
Height                                   : 600 pixels
Display aspect ratio                     : 4:3
Frame rate mode                          : Constant
Frame rate                               : 8.000 fps
Color space                              : YUV
Chroma subsampling                       : 4:2:0
Bit depth                                : 8 bits
Scan type                                : Progressive
Bits/(Pixel*Frame)                       : 0.007
Stream size                              : 152 KiB (14%)
Writing library                          : x264 core 122 r2184 5c85e0a
Encoding settings                        : cabac=1 / ref=3 / deblock=1:0:0 / analyse=0x1:0x111 / me=hex / subme=7 / psy=1 / psy_rd=1.00:0.00 / mixed_ref=1 / me_range=16 / chroma_me=1 / trellis=1 / 8x8dct=0 / cqm=0 / deadzone=21,11 / fast_pskip=1 / chroma_qp_offset=-2 / threads=12 / sliced_threads=0 / nr=0 / decimate=1 / interlaced=0 / bluray_compat=0 / constrained_intra=0 / bframes=3 / b_pyramid=2 / b_adapt=1 / b_bias=0 / direct=1 / weightb=1 / open_gop=0 / weightp=2 / keyint=250 / keyint_min=8 / scenecut=40 / intra_refresh=0 / rc_lookahead=40 / rc=crf / mbtree=1 / crf=23.0 / qcomp=0.60 / qpmin=0 / qpmax=69 / qpstep=4 / ip_ratio=1.40 / aq=1:1.00
Encoded date                             : UTC 2012-05-17 00:54:33
Tagged date                              : UTC 2012-05-17 00:56:13

Audio
ID                                       : 2
Format                                   : AAC
Format/Info                              : Advanced Audio Codec
Format profile                           : HE-AAC / LC
Codec ID                                 : 40
Bit rate mode                            : Variable
Bit rate                                 : 160 Kbps
Maximum bit rate                         : 171 Kbps
Channel(s)                               : 2 channels
Channel(s)_Original                      : 6 channels
Channel positions                        : Front: L C R, Side: L R, LFE
Sampling rate                            : 44.1 KHz / 22.05 KHz
Compression mode                         : Lossy
Stream size                              : 911 KiB (85%)
Encoded date                             : UTC 2012-05-17 00:56:13
Tagged date                              : UTC 2012-05-17 00:56:13

Don't know what this part means in above file however:
Quote:Channel(s) : 2 channels
Channel(s)_Original : 6 channels
Is it 5.1 or 2.0?
My HT
Yeah, it's funny how MediaInfo reports it, it's only one 5.1 channel stream.
My LG BP740 see AAC codec and output as 5.1 PCM. Egreat R6A2 does the same...
Another link for AAC test BigBuckBunny
Some trailers in good quality at HD-Trailers. Many with 5.1 AAC, so it's not very uncommon format.

I know topic is for HD Audio and you already spent a lot of time for your tests for all of us benefit, all I want is an answer when you have time to test other players with AAC surround.
Thanks
(2015-11-16, 14:54)hdmkv Wrote: Re: RPi2: Try connecting it directly to your display w/o AVR, Lumagen, etc. in between and re-test if 3D plays okay.

That is the thing. If I have to remove the AVR, Video processor etc from the display chain to get 3D working, it would mean Pi2 is useless for my setup. Anyways... I solved one problem and now have run into another one.

The reason I was getting only SBS output was because Pi2 was always setting the resolution to 1080i. I have enabled refresh rate switching, but it will not switch to 1080p24. If I manually set the resolution to 1080p, I was getting a blank display when 3D output was activated. I had to parse the EDID to find the reason for it. Apparently, Lumagen was reporting 1080i as the preferred resolution. I have never had this issue with other devices. After I changed a setting in Lumagen's video EDID, Pi2 started setting the resolution to 1080p60. This now led me to the second problem: when frame packed 3D is output, Pi2 is constantly dropping HDMI signal. I have tried all the different HDMI boost settings, put in an active splitter, changed power supply, but nothing seems to have helped so far. Zidoo X6 doesn't seem to have any problem with the Lumagen. I may have checked 5 or 6 Blu-ray players in the last one year and none of them had any issue with the Lumagen (all frame packed 3D output with 23.976Hz refresh rate).

Yes, when I connect the Pi2 directly to the TV/projector it works. However, when 3D output is activated, I get a Kodi UI overlay saying Stereoscopic 3D SidebySide. Have you seen this? I will post a picture later today.
(2015-11-16, 14:54)hdmkv Wrote: Other than Minix X8-H using VidOn Kodi, this would be the only other Amlogic S812-H box I'm aware of to claim 3D frame-packing support.
A developer (Surkovalex) has been working on OpenELEC for Minix X8-H Plus (S812-H) and Minix X-8H (S802-H). I know with OpenELEC Kodi, we can get 24/192kHz audio output which is not possible with Android KitKat. I am not sure whether HD Audio is working now or not. It wasn't working when I checked 6-8 months ago. I haven't also checked 3D playback, it may be something that I should check.
(2015-11-17, 20:25)wesk05 Wrote: Yes, when I connect the Pi2 directly to the TV/projector it works. However, when 3D output is activated, I get a Kodi UI overlay saying Stereoscopic 3D SidebySide. Have you seen this?
I haven't paid attention to that (@popcornmix would likely know), but shows "frame packing" by my Epson 5025UB and BenQ W1070. What does your display report it's receiving?
My HT
  • 96(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio17