• 113(current)
[HOW TO] KODI Linux on Amlogic TV Boxes
I used this but with the sdcardmaker.exe as uboot.bat failed to complete in windows 10. However the process halted at the greenman he was hust sat stareing at me forever
(2015-11-18, 02:32)coley65 Wrote: I used this but with the sdcardmaker.exe as uboot.bat failed to complete in windows 10. However the process halted at the greenman he was hust sat stareing at me forever
I don't know about sdcardmaker. Did you start cmd as Administrator? Sorry if that's an insulting question.
I think Isengard just rolled out for donators on Ember..... I seem to have it now.
Yes I see the OTA auto update to EmbER 3 process has indeed started and my box has downloaded the new firmware but now I wait for 20 minutes already with it saying "Preparing for Reboot, Please Be Patient" So how long do I have to be patient and wait ?? I remember the same happened with previous OTA's and no matter how long I left it, it did not finish that preparation and go ahead with a reboot Huh So still seems an OTA problem here as I remember I had with one of the previous auto updates to either 1.0.1 or 2. My box BTW is an ATV1200 running EmbER V2.0.2

Looks like I will just have to leave this waiting to reboot animated message on screen so cannot watch any movies or TV tonight it seems. Last time I had this not rebooting problem and in the end forced it and then it corrupted my system giving me a big headache trying to recover my box !! So I am very reticent to be impatient but a guide as to how long we should have to wait for the reboot would be helpful. Josh are you there mate ??
Cheers
Raymw
(2015-11-19, 16:24)raymw Wrote: Yes I see the OTA auto update to EmbER 3 process has indeed started and my box has downloaded the new firmware but now I wait for 20 minutes already with it saying "Preparing for Reboot, Please Be Patient" So how long do I have to be patient and wait ?? I remember the same happened with previous OTA's and no matter how long I left it, it did not finish that preparation and go ahead with a reboot Huh So still seems an OTA problem here as I remember I had with one of the previous auto updates to either 1.0.1 or 2. My box BTW is an ATV1200 running EmbER V2.0.2

Looks like I will just have to leave this waiting to reboot animated message on screen so cannot watch any movies or TV tonight it seems. Last time I had this not rebooting problem and in the end forced it and then it corrupted my system giving me a big headache trying to recover my box !! So I am very reticent to be impatient but a guide as to how long we should have to wait for the reboot would be helpful. Josh are you there mate ??

Well weird you should mention this as I have 2 ATV1200 boxes (on Ember).... one updated in a couple of minutes and the other is doing exactly what you have described...... looks like I may have to reinstall ember myself and hope my DE code works for the same box twice.
(2015-10-23, 00:42)bobones Wrote: You need an S805 for HEVC 1080p or an S812 for 4K HEVC with hardware acceleraion. These boxes won't cut it for HEVC.

I think you might be wrong?? As the new version of Ember (3.0) seems to be playing this codec ok? (previous 2.02 was not working) Can someone else confirm?

*update

Been testing this and you are right it still doesn't work properly, it stutters a lot..... but I get a picture now where I didn't before so it's better..... but not watchable.
(2015-11-19, 16:24)raymw Wrote: Yes I see the OTA auto update to EmbER 3 process has indeed started and my box has downloaded the new firmware but now I wait for 20 minutes already with it saying "Preparing for Reboot, Please Be Patient" So how long do I have to be patient and wait ?? I remember the same happened with previous OTA's and no matter how long I left it, it did not finish that preparation and go ahead with a reboot Huh So still seems an OTA problem here as I remember I had with one of the previous auto updates to either 1.0.1 or 2. My box BTW is an ATV1200 running EmbER V2.0.2

Raymw, it will be OK to pull the plug and the reinsert it if you are still in Kodi. Its possible that something went wrong with the download, or that the command to reboot to recovery in the ember v2.0.2 is not working.
My suggestion is first of all, reboot the box back to Kodi. The make a system backup.
Once you have a buckup on an external device such as USB drive or SD card, then go and manually try to download the update again.
If gets stuck on this dialog again, the pull the plug and manually reboot the box to recovery.
Thanks for the reply Josh. I have though since gone into recovery mode through the Ember Settings screen option, and there the download file available shown as "update.zip" when I selected the Update from Cache option. I selected that file and it updated to EmbER 3 fine. All worked well from there and successfully manually booted into EmbER 3..

Please see my fuller report to you in the XDA forum, but now off to bed as here in Thailand it is now very late.
Cheers
Raymw
(2015-09-26, 03:58)AuXBoX Wrote: Just hard without anything to test on. We'll get there

Been away for a bit. Wondering, did you ever fix your box?
(2015-11-19, 22:04)raymw Wrote: Thanks for the reply Josh. I have though since gone into recovery mode through the Ember Settings screen option, and there the download file available shown as "update.zip" when I selected the Update from Cache option. I selected that file and it updated to EmbER 3 fine. All worked well from there and successfully manually booted into EmbER 3..

Please see my fuller report to you in the XDA forum, but now off to bed as here in Thailand it is now very late.

Thanks for the tip..... I've now managed to update my second box using this method Smile
Can anybody confirm or not if the video component outs are working in Ember 3 on a ATV1200, thanks.
Sad 
Hello. I, proud owner of the donator edition, have a few Problems with my ATV520e with Ember 2.0.2 installed.
  • upon start i get a "script failed: system settings" error
  • I cannot call EMBER settings - same error
  • I have no network connection to the box (via ethernet) whatsoever
  • i can neither update/downgrade to another linux version or revert to android. Holding the reset button at the bottom of the box just boots up ember every time.

Any help on ANY of the problems would be highly appreciated. I cannot use the box at all at the moment, I need network access - don't care if it's on EMBER or any other system.

EDIT:
This is the error i think is related to the problem (first error in log). without network access it is extremely cumbersome to check the logs though.... so i don't think I'll be able to post much more... Sad

19:22:46 T:1195144224 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.IOError'>
Error Contents: (19, 'No such device')
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/share/kodi/addons/script.system.settings/service.py", line 4, in <module>
from resources.lib import onrun
File "/usr/share/kodi/addons/script.system.settings/resources/lib/onrun.py", line 6, in <module>
from resources.lib.update import rsspyota
File "/root/.kodi/addons/script.system.settings/resources/lib/update/rsspyota.py", line 66, in <module>
File "/root/.kodi/addons/script.system.settings/resources/lib/update/rsspyota.py", line 50, in getserial
File "/root/.kodi/addons/script.system.settings/resources/lib/update/rsspyota.py", line 36, in getHwAddr
IOError: (19, 'No such device')
-->End of Python script error report<--
(2015-11-22, 14:44)themightylc Wrote: Hello. I, proud owner of the donator edition, have a few Problems with my ATV520e with Ember 2.0.2 installed.
  • upon start i get a "script failed: system settings" error
  • I cannot call EMBER settings - same error
  • I have no network connection to the box (via ethernet) whatsoever
  • i can neither update/downgrade to another linux version or revert to android. Holding the reset button at the bottom of the box just boots up ember every time.

themightylc, I, along with a few others, experienced this same issue somewhere earlier in the thread, and I don't think a resolution was ever found. Most people have the ATV1200's rather than the 520(e). I'd be happy to hear if a solution was ever found.

I didn't try to revert to MX-Linux or Android so I can't comment there. I was however able to revert to the latest Ember 1.x release using the normal install process. Things went smoothly and settings were all (mostly?) retained. It's possible I restored from a backup, however...I can't really remember.
Any news of Isengard for MX Linux ?? I am happy to test it if anyone can compile it. Auxbox, anyone ??

EmbER 3 works well and still testing it for stability but seems very sound. I need some confirmation that I will be able to install it to a virgin Android supplied ATV1220T box first as before EmbER 2.0.2 convert files bricked two boxes I tried it with as I mentions before. I cannot afford the time and hassle of bricking any more boxes with converting to EmbER so need a reliable system of flashing.

So was wondering if the safe way to EmbER 3 is to install EmbER V1 convert files over the Android new boxes and then subscribe and OTA upgrade to V3, thus bypassing the EmbER V2.0.2 convert files which brick these new boxes every time it seems. I think I will be happy now with EmbER 3 to issue with new boxes if I can easily and reliably install it to new ATV1220T boxes, and be happy to do so properly and fairly licensed with the Josh and croniccory development team too as they deserve all our support IMHO.

I like the new video skip feature in Isengard 15.2 where you can easily using single of multiple left/right arrow button presses skip on or back 10 sec, 30 Sec, 1 minute .... etc and all the way up to 30 minutes. And all configurable in the system Video Playback settings screen. Great improvement.

Also notice that my box now is recognised by my Samsung TV Anynet+CEC so will auto switch on my TV when I start my Isengard 15.2 running box. Not sure if this is an EmbER 3 feature or with the Isengard 15.2 system ?? Only problem is if you like to leave your KODI box on 24/7 as with that feature enabled in your TV settings it will just switch your TV back on when you try to turn it off. But a nice addition which you can choose whether to use or not in your TV settings.
Cheers
Raymw
(2015-12-01, 12:18)raymw Wrote: Any news of Isengard for MX Linux ?? I am happy to test it if anyone can compile it. Auxbox, anyone ??

EmbER 3 works well and still testing it for stability but seems very sound. I need some confirmation that I will be able to install it to a virgin Android supplied ATV1220T box first as before EmbER 2.0.2 convert files bricked two boxes I tried it with as I mentions before. I cannot afford the time and hassle of bricking any more boxes with converting to EmbER so need a reliable system of flashing.

So was wondering if the safe way to EmbER 3 is to install EmbER V1 convert files over the Android new boxes and then subscribe and OTA upgrade to V3, thus bypassing the EmbER V2.0.2 convert files which brick these new boxes every time it seems. I think I will be happy now with EmbER 3 to issue with new boxes if I can easily and reliably install it to new ATV1220T boxes, and be happy to do so properly and fairly licensed with the Josh and croniccory development team too as they deserve all our support IMHO.

I like the new video skip feature in Isengard 15.2 where you can easily using single of multiple left/right arrow button presses skip on or back 10 sec, 30 Sec, 1 minute .... etc and all the way up to 30 minutes. And all configurable in the system Video Playback settings screen. Great improvement.

Also notice that my box now is recognised by my Samsung TV Anynet+CEC so will auto switch on my TV when I start my Isengard 15.2 running box. Not sure if this is an EmbER 3 feature or with the Isengard 15.2 system ?? Only problem is if you like to leave your KODI box on 24/7 as with that feature enabled in your TV settings it will just switch your TV back on when you try to turn it off. But a nice addition which you can choose whether to use or not in your TV settings.

Hey raymw i'm really struggling to find any time to do anything at the moment.
Have a fiddle around here if you can compile and see if theres anything else you can do. I've updated a few things but don't really have much time.
Press THANK USER if I Help
  • 113(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[HOW TO] KODI Linux on Amlogic TV Boxes5