• 98(current)
Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio
Had been thinking twice, thrice Wink in giving Q5 an 'A' (was an A-) because we still need to press HiMedia to fix/improve VC-1 29.970, add 'Stop' playback function, add MKV chapter support, etc.

But, I'm encouraged because they continue to communicate with myself & 2 other invited Kodi forum members, and just today asked for samples of videos with different framerates so they can test with video file types we have.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
yeah, i asked through futeko, to add a "stop button" to the gui player

I also noted issues with subtitles see futeko forum
" stamp that would be removed when the box goes on sale .."

terrible idea, couldn't disagree more. Deemed guilty before product even out or given a reasonable amount of time to comply.

Wouldn't it be more positive to have a stamp to show those that do comply, would also make it standout more.

And a suggestion for new rows indicating a companies active Kodi forum participant or quite important, freq of firmware updates, would be quite useful ?
GPL issue keeps coming up, surprisingly less so from Kodi devs/mods, but from users. Was going to add a poll, but not seeing a way to do it.

Something like this maybe for poll #1:
1. Allow GPL violating manufacturer players on chart and in discussions
2. Allow GPL violators, but mark/stamp (and shame) them so everyone knows
3. Don't allow GPL violators on chart and discussions until they comply

And, then something like this for poll #2:
1. Manufacturers must comply with GPL as soon as they announce player
2. Allow manufacturers a 1-month grace period upon release of player to comply with GPL

Quote:And a suggestion for new rows indicating a companies active Kodi forum participant or quite important, freq of firmware updates, would be quite useful ?
Good idea.
My HT
(2015-11-19, 15:47)JustAnotherUser Wrote: " stamp that would be removed when the box goes on sale .."

terrible idea, couldn't disagree more. Deemed guilty before product even out or given a reasonable amount of time to comply.
I'm not talking about a GPL Violators stamp before a product goes on sale, thats not fair at all, I would just like a stamp that states GPL compliance asked for.

Then if a seller does not comply in a reasonable space of time, it should be option #3 in HDMV's list.

Are we not trying here to benefit the whole Kodi community ?
Kodi is all unpaid code by the hundreds of volunteer Kodi devs over many years now. Why should a product be promoted and endlessly discussed here on the forum when a seller does not even care about GPL compliance ?
The seller makes a profit, the wider Kodi community gets screwed!

(2015-11-19, 17:57)wrxtasy Wrote:
(2015-11-19, 15:47)JustAnotherUser Wrote: " stamp that would be removed when the box goes on sale .."

I'm not talking about a GPL Violators stamp before a product goes on sale, thats not fair at all, I would just like a stamp that states GPL compliance asked for.

Then if a seller does not comply in a reasonable space of time, it should be option #3 in HDMV's list.

Are we not trying here to benefit the whole Kodi community ?
Kodi is all unpaid code by the hundreds of volunteer Kodi devs over many years now. Why should a product be promoted and endlessly discussed here on the forum when a seller does not even care about GPL compliance ?
The seller makes a profit, the wider Kodi community gets screwed!

You make a point!!
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
(2015-11-19, 16:44)hdmkv Wrote: GPL issue keeps coming up, surprisingly less so from Kodi devs/mods, but from users. Was going to add a poll, but not seeing a way to do it.

Something like this maybe for poll #1:
1. Allow GPL violating manufacturer players on chart and in discussions
2. Allow GPL violators, but mark/stamp (and shame) them so everyone knows
3. Don't allow GPL violators on chart and discussions until they comply

And, then something like this for poll #2:
1. Manufacturers must comply with GPL as soon as they announce player
2. Allow manufacturers a 1-month grace period upon release of player to comply with GPL

Quote:And a suggestion for new rows indicating a companies active Kodi forum participant or quite important, freq of firmware updates, would be quite useful ?
Good idea.

Number 2 and number 2, I think.

Everyone should know and be aware of what companies are taking advantage and not helping the Kodi project.

Name them and shame them!
Sony KDL-46HX853 and Sony STR-DN1050
MONITOR AUDIO BRONZE BX5 5.0 speaker package
SVS SB2000 Subwoofer
Nvidia shield TV running SPMC
Pi3 running LibreELEC
harmony touch remote control
26GB unRAID server
#3 and #2, but *no* grace period.
(2015-11-20, 01:29)menakite Wrote: #3 and #2, but *no* grace period.
Just re-updated charts in post #1, adding GPL compliance and support quality rows. I can't keep up with all the requests, suggestions (many good) and er, demands, in this thread! No Wink

@menakite, you're proposing a very strict policy, but I have to ask, why in that case is Minix allowed as an official Kodi sponsor when they're using VidOn Kodi (never complied with GPL) to offer 3D ISO and HD support in NEO X8-H Plus?! Seems like a double standard to me.
My HT
I have to agree with HDMV there.

Why the hell MINIX ever allowed VidOn onto their forum to offer and promote a GPL violated version of XBMC has me scratching my head. Yes, MINIX should be slapped with a GPL Violators sticker for that VidOn version they are offering and asked to please explain. It's definitely not good enough coming from a Kodi Diamond Sponsor !

http://www.minixforum.com/threads/vidon-...post-55563

I asked Koying about MINIX's Standard version of XBMC 13.3.x a while back and he pointed me to his GitHub Repo, where all the code had been integrated back into mainline SPMC/XBMC.

@hdmkv @wrxstasy thanks for your reports. We're in contact with MINIX for clarification.
Minix itself is compliant with the GPL, for all I know, and they're not pre-installing the vidon apk.
If anything, they are well aware of the bad press not being compliant leads to, those days (the Vidon boxes are a perfect example).

Now, they are still a commercial company, and the vidon apk has features the stock Kodi doesn't, the most important being proper 3d iso support which is vidon's own code (being basically the same company as DVDFab), so they want to satisfy their customers, first.

Bashing Minix because there are talks about Vidon on their forum, or even because they link to it to satisfy their customers seems a bit extreme to me...

Knowing the guys for long, I'm probably not fully objective, and the situation doesn't please me either, but let's stay reasonable regarding "indirect" infringements...
VidOn use to be a sponsor of Kodi
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
Just noticed Zappiti is now claiming many issues as fixed (proper 3D playback, HD audio, 23.976, all via Kodi). Can anyone verify?
My HT
(2015-11-20, 16:09)hdmkv Wrote: Just noticed Zappiti is now claiming many issues as fixed (proper 3D playback, HD audio, 23.976, all via Kodi). Can anyone verify?

Only if their firmware is compatible with other RealTek 1195 device.

The Zappitti looks good,but overprice.
  • 98(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio17