TV Show scraping
Hi, I need some help. First of all I love EMM, it's wonderful. I've used it since 1.3.0.20, and am pretty good with scraping movies; I've got that figured out.

But, I cannot get the latest version to recognize my TV shows, in fact there is no 'Scrape TV shows' button, as there is with Movies.

I add the source under Edit, Preferences, TV Shows, Files and Sources.

For example E:\C - TV Shows\Caprica

Nothing shows up in the left EMM window pane..

Does this latest verison support TV episode scraping? Am I missing something obvious lol?

I might try uninstalling, and reinstalling, maybe I screwed up some setting.

Any assistance would be welcomed!

Thx.
Tv show sources has to be pointed to the parent folder of a tv show folder:
D:\TvShows\Simpsons
D:\TvShows\24
Source = D:\TvShows

Next release will have an autoscraper for tv shows. In latest version you have to scape each tv show over context menu.
(2015-11-22, 04:15)Saunders104 Wrote: Hi, I need some help. First of all I love EMM, it's wonderful. I've used it since 1.3.0.20, and am pretty good with scraping movies; I've got that figured out.

But, I cannot get the latest version to recognize my TV shows, in fact there is no 'Scrape TV shows' button, as there is with Movies.

I add the source under Edit, Preferences, TV Shows, Files and Sources.

For example E:\C - TV Shows\Caprica

Nothing shows up in the left EMM window pane..

Does this latest verison support TV episode scraping? Am I missing something obvious lol?

I might try uninstalling, and reinstalling, maybe I screwed up some setting.

Any assistance would be welcomed!

Thx.

(2015-11-22, 12:00)DanCooper Wrote: Tv show sources has to be pointed to the parent folder of a tv show folder:
D:\TvShows\Simpsons
D:\TvShows\24
Source = D:\TvShows

Next release will have an autoscraper for tv shows. In latest version you have to scape each tv show over context menu.

If you have a alphabetical folder structure try to set it up like this

E:\A - TV Shows
E:\B - TV Shows
E:\C - TV Shows
Aah okay. Thanks to you both. Smile Much appreciated.
I tried pretty much all scrappers out there and somehow Ember was last on my list, but it outlasted all others and is here to stay. Since I am relatively new I am still discovering potentials and trying to make it as efficient as it can be. I just love the flexibility and extensive configuration option and conformity with Kodi which is my server of choice.

I have few questions and would appreciate if any of you can help:

1. When adding new episode to already scrapped TV Show I can just right click new found episode (in green) and scrape it without re-scraping whole show again?
2. What is the best way to add videos (usually TV programs shown as individual without belonging to any TV Series)?
3. I can create as many sets as I want and they will be replicated in Kodi sets when I import all movies or videos belonging to it?
4. Are you guys planing to add Home video sections like some other similar programs have it?
5. Is there some Tutorial or instructions how to create custom media lists?
6. I enabled Tags in setting but cannot find a field where I can assign them?

I also have a suggestion. In the Fanart, subtitles and other graphical files belonging to movie or a series you have three options. Would it be easier if you add google search as forth one so you can look for some of them and automatically add it without going to use the browser, search, find it, copy the link, and paste it to have it assigned?

I apologize for so many questions. But I really like your program and want to be even better for me (and other newbies out there).

Thank you!
(2015-11-23, 16:14)calexicoca Wrote: I tried pretty much all scrappers out there and somehow Ember was last on my list, but it outlasted all others and is here to stay. Since I am relatively new I am still discovering potentials and trying to make it as efficient as it can be. I just love the flexibility and extensive configuration option and conformity with Kodi which is my server of choice.

1. When adding new episode to already scrapped TV Show I can just right click new found episode (in green) and scrape it without re-scraping whole show again?
2. What is the best way to add videos (usually TV programs shown as individual without belonging to any TV Series)?
3. I can create as many sets as I want and they will be replicated in Kodi sets when I import all movies or videos belonging to it?
4. Are you guys planing to add Home video sections like some other similar programs have it?

I also have a suggestion. In the Fanart, subtitles and other graphical files belonging to movie or a series you have three options. Would it be easier if you add google search as forth one so you can look for some of them and automatically add it without going to use the browser, search, find it, copy the link, and paste it to have it assigned?

I apologize for so many questions. But I really like your program and want to be even better for me (and other newbies out there).

Thank you!

1. If it is already scraped and you are adding EPISODES, then an update of the library (no scraping necessary) should add those episodes with info/pics automatically. If it is a new SEASON, then scrape the season.
2. I would check these films and see if they have a TMDB or IMDB listing. If it does, add it as a movie source(usually made for TV movies).
3. Make sure you have movie set addon to import all images/nfos and you should be ok!
(2015-11-23, 18:29)Fail$tyle420 Wrote:
(2015-11-23, 16:14)calexicoca Wrote: I tried pretty much all scrappers out there and somehow Ember was last on my list, but it outlasted all others and is here to stay. Since I am relatively new I am still discovering potentials and trying to make it as efficient as it can be. I just love the flexibility and extensive configuration option and conformity with Kodi which is my server of choice.

Thank you!

1. If it is already scraped and you are adding EPISODES, then an update of the library (no scraping necessary) should add those episodes with info/pics automatically. If it is a new SEASON, then scrape the season.
2. I would check these films and see if they have a TMDB or IMDB listing. If it does, add it as a movie source(usually made for TV movies).
3. Make sure you have movie set addon to import all images/nfos and you should be ok!

5. No, but that are normal SQL (SQLite) commands.
6. We have removed Tags from all scrapers, the tags on IMDB and TMDB are useless (see Avatar, 353 tags like: epic (wow!!!), fish, arrow....). But there is a Tag Manager in Tools menu to add and manage custom tags. In next beta Cocotus have done an rework of this Tag Manager.

Why you want Google search?
Thanks for detailed answers guys. I really appreciate.

(2015-11-24, 11:01)DanCooper Wrote: Why you want Google search?

When you do not have poster and/or Fanart I usualy find something I can use on Google Image search. That is why I was suggesting this.
(2015-11-24, 15:02)calexicoca Wrote: Thanks for detailed answers guys. I really appreciate.

(2015-11-24, 11:01)DanCooper Wrote: Why you want Google search?

When you do not have poster and/or Fanart I usualy find something I can use on Google Image search. That is why I was suggesting this.

Ok. This is something for our bug/feature request tracker, but it's broken atm :-(
But you also can drag and drop images from browser to the image panels in Edit dialogs.
(2015-11-24, 11:01)DanCooper Wrote:
(2015-11-23, 18:29)Fail$tyle420 Wrote:
(2015-11-23, 16:14)calexicoca Wrote: 2. What is the best way to add videos (usually TV programs shown as individual without belonging to any TV Series)?

Dan Thanks for all your help. If you can help me with this because I am afraid I did not get the useful answer on the above.

The thing is I would like to have these documentaries listed and they are NOT in TMDB or IMDB. They are just individual programs or some sort of sport highlights. I could not find a way to force Ember to list them (unless they are tied to TMDB or IMDB). I just want them to show so I can add my own description, genre, title etc. Is there a way to do that.

Thanks!
(2015-11-24, 16:29)calexicoca Wrote:
(2015-11-23, 18:29)Fail$tyle420 Wrote: 2. I would check these films and see if they have a TMDB or IMDB listing. If it does, add it as a movie source(usually made for TV movies).

Dan Thanks for all your help. If you can help me with this because I am afraid I did not get the useful answer on the above.

The thing is I would like to have these documentaries listed and they are NOT in TMDB or IMDB. They are just individual programs or some sort of sport highlights. I could not find a way to force Ember to list them (unless they are tied to TMDB or IMDB). I just want them to show so I can add my own description, genre, title etc. Is there a way to do that.

Thanks!

If there isn't an online source to scrape info for, I recommend taking an nfo file from another movie and manually editing out the title and any IMDB/TMDB info. Then put that nfo file with your source and load it into ember. From there you can edit it to your pleasing or just manually edit that nfo file.
(2015-11-24, 18:32)Fail$tyle420 Wrote:
(2015-11-24, 16:29)calexicoca Wrote:

Thanks!

If there isn't an online source to scrape info for, I recommend taking an nfo file from another movie and manually editing out the title and any IMDB/TMDB info. Then put that nfo file with your source and load it into ember. From there you can edit it to your pleasing or just manually edit that nfo file.

It's not needed to do that manually. Simple edit an unscraped movie, Ember creates an NFO after comfirming the Edit dialog. Same with own tv shows.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TV Show scraping0