• 169(current)
Release YouTube (IMPORTANT - READ FIRST POST)
(2015-11-17, 21:20)ykhehra1 Wrote: Is there a way to call youtube playlist dir from other addon without auto play.

I tried url=plugin://plugin.video.youtube/playlist/[PID]/
with
xbmc.executebuiltin("xbmc.PlayMedia("+url+",isdir)") ,
but it just start playlist videos. How can I get videos from playlist and then chose myself which video I want to see?
Yes...don't use "PlayMedia". Try something line "RunPlugin"...

http://kodi.wiki/view/List_of_built-in_functions
I tried url=plugin://plugin.video.youtube/playlist/[PID]/ with xbmc.executebuiltin('XBMC.RunPlugin(%s)' % url), still no luck

14:08:01 T:16744 WARNING: Attempt to use invalid handle -1
14:08:01 T:17100 WARNING: XFILE::CFileFactory::CreateLoader - unsupported protocol(plugin) in plugin://plugin.video.youtube/playlist/PLFFyMei_d85U5RQdXjRQ5F012qr4vSmSa/
14:08:01 T:17100 ERROR: CScriptInvocationManager::ExecuteAsync - Not executing non-existing script plugin://plugin.video.youtube/playlist/PLFFyMei_d85U5RQdXjRQ5F012qr4vSmSa/
14:08:04 T:13960 NOTICE: Thread LanguageInvoker start, auto delete: false
14:08:04 T:13960 NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
14:08:05 T:13960 NOTICE: URLResolver: Initializing URLResolver version: 2.10.0
14:08:05 T:13960 NOTICE: URLResolver: No Settings Update Needed
14:08:05 T:13960 NOTICE: Common addon methods: Initializing addon.common version: 2.0.1
14:08:05 T:13960 NOTICE: running with ElementTree on Python 2.5+
use +/- ⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓⇓
(2015-11-17, 22:33)bromix Wrote: Yes...don't use "PlayMedia". Try something line "RunPlugin"..

What is the difference between these 2.

From a user experience, I like "PlayMedia" when it come to playlists. The playlists start right away, I'm able skip to next video as well as view playlist(as list).

On large playlists using "RunPlugin"(or even from the addon itself "Autoplay/play from here") takes forever for the playlist to load.

Is there something wrong with using PlayMedia?
(2015-11-18, 20:23)I_Terrabull Wrote:
(2015-11-17, 22:33)bromix Wrote: Yes...don't use "PlayMedia". Try something line "RunPlugin"..

What is the difference between these 2.

From a user experience, I like "PlayMedia" when it come to playlists. The playlists start right away, I'm able skip to next video as well as view playlist(as list).

On large playlists using "RunPlugin"(or even from the addon itself "Autoplay/play from here") takes forever for the playlist to load.

Is there something wrong with using PlayMedia?
Yes...it is...RunPlugin with play and the playlist_id parameter plays all videos of a playlist. PlayMedia only the first (max.) 50 videos. Read the endpoints of the intial post.
(2015-11-18, 22:13)bromix Wrote:
(2015-11-18, 20:23)I_Terrabull Wrote:
Yes...it is...RunPlugin with play and the playlist_id parameter plays all videos of a playlist. PlayMedia only the first (max.) 50 videos. Read the endpoints of the intial post.

So the only way to "limit" the playlist is by PlayMedia? Endpoints for playing list in predetermined order and starting video are defined. Is "max results" something that might happen in the future?
(2015-09-13, 12:58)Doktor-X Wrote: how to change default view on addon i want to have list of videos in day of publishing order but kodi 16 change somthing and this is not working properly but if i use sort by:playlist i have what i want but when i go to next page default view is play count

I've started to get the same problem since deciding to try out the kodi 16 beta 1 yesterday.
was not happening when i had previous kodi versions installed so maybe kodi 16 is making youtube addon do something different to how it worked in prior builds?

everything plays/works ok so having to change sort order everytime i go to a channel or a new page (only seems to save sort by playlist on the watch list & page 1 of new sub videos) is more annoying than something thats really broken anything.
I am running kodi 15.2 release version on a Windows 10 laptop. I'm having problems lately with the YouTube thumbnails disappearing. Sometimes I can logout, and back in again and they will reappear. Sometimes I have to uninstall YouTube and on and reinstall it completely. At one point I had to uninstall and reinstall kodi. My guess is that it is the cache file getting corrupted perhaps when I exceed my quota. I saw the message here somewhere when someone said they deleted or cleared the cache file but I can't figure out where it is or how to do it.
Hello, tried using this plugin today but getting lots of errors with streams failing to play, debug log is below if there is anything in there? I was viewing 'my subscriptions' and using the 'play from here' option..

http://pastebin.com/KTyDYJ8W
(2015-11-22, 11:29)kitehigh Wrote: Hello, tried using this plugin today but getting lots of errors with streams failing to play, debug log is below if there is anything in there? I was viewing 'my subscriptions' and using the 'play from here' option..

http://pastebin.com/KTyDYJ8W
Can you try to delete the whole addon-data folder of YouTube and start fresh. Somehow the format of the date is not valid.
Last night I was browsing the music videos from Postmodern Jukebox in My Subscriptions and when I clicked Next Page, I got an error message "You have exceeded...". Could someone explain what that means.
I see at page 40 of this post that there is the way to set subtitles of the video.
Is this possible also in the last release?
(2015-11-22, 17:08)blueribb Wrote: Last night I was browsing the music videos from Postmodern Jukebox in My Subscriptions and when I clicked Next Page, I got an error message "You have exceeded...". Could someone explain what that means.
Already answered. Search this thread.
(2015-11-20, 02:35)Steph09 Wrote: I've started to get the same problem since deciding to try out the kodi 16 beta 1 yesterday.
was not happening when i had previous kodi versions installed so maybe kodi 16 is making youtube addon do something different to how it worked in prior builds?
I'm having the same problem in Jarvis beta 2; I can no longer sort by date.

Note that individual youtube videos still show their dates in the media view, so the youtube addon is still getting them-- and I still have the same bizarre problem there I mentioned earlier in the thread, where the dates are all in year 65535 or 7080. No clue why.
(2015-11-22, 17:08)blueribb Wrote: Last night I was browsing the music videos from Postmodern Jukebox in My Subscriptions and when I clicked Next Page, I got an error message "You have exceeded...". Could someone explain what that means.

Uninstall the plugin or delete plugin.youtube from add-ons and userdata then re-install from bromix repo worked for me.
(2015-11-22, 22:34)jelly Wrote:

Uninstall the plugin or delete plugin.youtube from add-ons and userdata then re-install from bromix repo worked for me.
You just got lucky-- unless you were using an older version of the addon before reinstalling, it uses the same API keys.
  • 169(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
YouTube (IMPORTANT - READ FIRST POST)20