• 99(current)
Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio
Personally I don't think any high potential media box worth considering should be barred from the chart, as it exists to help users make their own choice. Stamps etc will add to their decision considerations.
Any violators should be handled by the Kodi foundation and if they're to be considered evil then surely to be consistent, any discussion/threads/posts of those boxes should be barred from the forum itself ?
(2015-11-20, 16:09)hdmkv Wrote: Just noticed Zappiti is now claiming many issues as fixed (proper 3D playback, HD audio, 23.976, all via Kodi). Can anyone verify?

23.976Hz are still showing 24Hz and stuttering Undecided
LG OLED 55E8 - M9702(oppo 203) -  Dinobot U5PVR(Enigma 2) - Meccol KI pro(COREelec) - Sony PS5
AndroidPremiumPlayer blog - HI - Frequency Switcher 
(2015-11-20, 08:43)Koying Wrote: Knowing the guys for long, I'm probably not fully objective, and the situation doesn't please me either, but let's stay reasonable regarding "indirect" infringements...
Just to be clear here HDMV has a review on his chart of a MINIX NEO X8-H + with the GPL infringing VidOn XBMC software on it. This is the device I'm referring to, the one that was actually reviewed. Not the normal NEO X8-H + MINIX sells.

If MINIX want to host GPL infringing XBMC software on their servers, thats their company decision.
But it does not send a very good message or present a very good example to the wider Kodi community.
Is this the public face they want to present as a Kodi Diamond Sponsor, particularly after VidOn caused so much trouble among the Kodi community already ?

http://www.minixforum.com/downloads/down..._beta2.apk

Update on Venz TLBB V8 4K (OpenELEC box): Got reply from their Managing Director. Seems like a nice guy, involved wih Dune & Mede8er (both well regarded brands) in his past. Will be getting a review unit next month & will post a detailed review. Oh yes, also asked him to comply with GPL, so hopefully Venz does.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
My €680 Epson TW5210 Projector was delivered today. My first 3D display. Initially I could only get SBS stuff to play until I re-read the OP RPi2 instructions about Kodi 16 Beta builds needed for Frame packed 3D ISO's. Once I updated they played with some minor glitching and tearing which I don't know is the RPi2 or the encode.

Regardless, I couldn't really tell a difference between SBS or the FullHD 3D frame packed MVC's. Both looked.......

AMAZING!!! Big Grin

This PJ is a little light cannon! Turns out where I have the projector throws a minimum 130" screen. I screwed up with my throw ratio calcs. Even with the lumens spread out over such a large screen area it was still nearly bright enough to watch with the room lights on!!. I'm just blown away and am amazed by the little RPi2 too. Smooth as butter and uber responsive running Aeon MQ6. The no nonsense native 3D iso support is great. None of this external player malarky. Press play. and Boom!! 3D goodness with the PJ being told the correct 3D format. I needed this type of tight integration to have any hope of the rest of the family being comfortable enough to boot up the projector and watch stuff themselve without waiting for me to set things up for them.

Thanks to all the Dev's for the amazing work they do and for the likes of hdmkv for all the work and tutorials etc that they do.
Somewhat related to this thread: user picks for best 3D Blu-rays of 2015.
My HT
Does anybody know if MSI Cubi Intel i5 5200u it supports hd audio passthough?
(2015-11-23, 18:30)melomarcelo Wrote: Does anybody know if MSI Cubi Intel i5 5200u it supports hd audio passthough?

Be very surprised - all core i3/5/7 series (apart from those odd ones without GPUs) have supported bitstreaming HD Audio since Clarkdale (i.e. pre-Sandy Bridge) I think. Pentiums and Celerons based on Core i series do as well (Atom-based Celeron and Pentium models are patchier for support in Windows)
(2015-11-23, 19:19)noggin Wrote:
(2015-11-23, 18:30)melomarcelo Wrote: Does anybody know if MSI Cubi Intel i5 5200u it supports hd audio passthough?

Be very surprised - all core i3/5/7 series (apart from those odd ones without GPUs) have supported bitstreaming HD Audio since Clarkdale (i.e. pre-Sandy Bridge) I think. Pentiums and Celerons based on Core i series do as well (Atom-based Celeron and Pentium models are patchier for support in Windows)

Thank's for explanation noggin!
Venz has complied with GPL. They let me know their "Kodi build is fully complying with GPL requirements" and that their key developers are Codesnake and J1nx.
My HT
Where is their source then?

Oops cancel that I hasn't noticed the github link in your post.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
I see references to WeTek there, and isn't Codesnake a WeTek developer as well? As Venz is using the same Amlogic S812-H h/w as WeTek, I'd imagine 3D and HD audio would be possible on WeTek Core as well. Couple that w/dual boot to Android possible to Core, may make it a sweet box with Netflix and such.
My HT
(2015-11-25, 22:59)hdmkv Wrote: Venz has complied with GPL. They let me know their "Kodi build is fully complying with GPL requirements" and that their key developers are Codesnake and J1nx.

Can you please ask Venz to send 2 or 3 devices to some of the members in this forum.
I think different opinion and different environment testing will be great.
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
Not comfortable doing that, but I'll point them to this thread and let them decide.
My HT
(2015-11-26, 02:23)hdmkv Wrote: Not comfortable doing that, but I'll point them to this thread and let them decide.

OK Thanks!
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
  • 99(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio17