• 5(current)
Release [Module] youtube-dl - multi-site playable URL resolver
(2015-11-01, 18:02)Jaxo Wrote: Anyone?
I realize you might be excited to get this working, but we can't all be ready to respond right away given that we're all in different timezones and often busy with all the other stuff in our lives. It might be an idea to wait more than 24 hours before assuming no one has seen or will see your post Smile
(2015-11-01, 18:42)Skipmode A1 Wrote: Here's a working example: https://github.com/skipmodea1/plugin.vid...op_play.py
Thanks for helping Smile
Ha, well, yeah would be exitced to get it working but Im struggling with this bit tbh.. Would help if I was a Dev, but Im not.. just a regular guy trying to make an addon..

Thanks skipmore A1, I have added the code to my addon but getting script errors now.. I know its not the code though.. its me doing something wrong Undecided

Code:
def play_video(path):
    try:
            vid = YDStreamExtractor.getVideoInfo(video_url,quality=int(self.VIDEO)) #quality is 0=SD, 1=720p, 2=1080p and is a maximum
            video_url = vid.streamURL()
            have_valid_url = True
(2015-11-01, 19:21)Jaxo Wrote: Ha, well, yeah would be exitced to get it working but Im struggling with this bit tbh.. Would help if I was a Dev, but Im not.. just a regular guy trying to make an addon..

Thanks skipmore A1, I have added the code to my addon but getting script errors now.. I know its not the code though.. its me doing something wrong Undecided

Code:
def play_video(path):
    try:
            vid = YDStreamExtractor.getVideoInfo(video_url,quality=int(self.VIDEO)) #quality is 0=SD, 1=720p, 2=1080p and is a maximum
            video_url = vid.streamURL()
            have_valid_url = True

Assuming that 'path' (from play_video(path)) is the video URL, you would need to replace 'video_url' with 'path'. You can drop the quality argument, or you can set it to one of the values listed in the comment on that line.
Just in the last couple of days it seems like only a few youtubes will play. None of the vevos will play anymore. Maybe something to do with resolving the correct signature again? Thanks
I'll have to update the core, which will likely fix the issue.
(2015-11-19, 14:06)ruuk Wrote: I'll have to update the core, which will likely fix the issue.

Thanks
(2015-11-21, 13:56)woodside Wrote:
(2015-11-19, 14:06)ruuk Wrote: I'll have to update the core, which will likely fix the issue.

Thanks

Hello, I was just curious if you have had a chance to look at this problem yet?
I understand if priority's exist and you are just unable to fix it right away
but I was wondering if you have any idea of a time frame so I could let my users know if a fix
is coming soon or if it will be awhile. It has been broken a a couple of weeks now. Thanks.
Information 
Version 15.1123.0

Changes:
  • Updated youtube-dl core to 2015.11.23

On Kodi repo, pending mirror updates.
(2015-11-23, 15:01)woodside Wrote:
(2015-11-21, 13:56)woodside Wrote:

Thanks

but I was wondering if you have any idea of a time frame so I could let my users know if a fix
is coming soon or if it will be awhile. It has been broken a a couple of weeks now. Thanks.

Sorry for the delay Smile
(2015-11-23, 21:28)ruuk Wrote:
(2015-11-23, 15:01)woodside Wrote:
(2015-11-21, 13:56)woodside Wrote: Thanks

Sorry for the delay Smile

No problem. I understand your pretty busy.
Works great now. Much appreciated.
how can i fix? having error playing videos as well. please help
(2015-11-24, 06:41)MRSW Wrote: how can i fix? having error playing videos as well. please help
This add-on doesn't play videos. It is a module that other add-ons can use.
Wow, I think YouTube already messed with the signatures and broke it again. Confused
Information 
Version 15.1124.0

Changes:
  • Updated youtube-dl core to 2015.11.24

On Kodi repo, pending mirror updates.
Hopefully the fix here applies to what you're referring to Smile
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Module] youtube-dl - multi-site playable URL resolver2