• 12(current)
Kodi on the new AppleTV4
(2015-11-21, 10:58)AussieFries Wrote: I'm aware my question is a bit premature, but will devs provide a way to edit keyboard.xml ? (So I can keep using my MCE remote)

Please forgive me for my ignorance if this was a stupid question.
You can already do it all via the Kodi GUI with this Add-On:
http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:Keymap_Editor

(2015-11-21, 12:40)wrxtasy Wrote: You can already do it all via the Kodi GUI with this Add-On:
Thank you for your quick reply. But will this Add-On be allowed by Apple?
(2015-11-21, 12:48)AussieFries Wrote:
(2015-11-21, 12:40)wrxtasy Wrote: You can already do it all via the Kodi GUI with this Add-On:
Thank you for your quick reply. But will this Add-On be allowed by Apple?

no, it contains python.
@MrMC: will you enable any user customization?
(2015-11-21, 12:40)wrxtasy Wrote:
(2015-11-21, 10:58)AussieFries Wrote: I'm aware my question is a bit premature, but will devs provide a way to edit keyboard.xml ? (So I can keep using my MCE remote)

Please forgive me for my ignorance if this was a stupid question.
You can already do it all via the Kodi GUI with this Add-On:

However that won't work on MrMC (which is the fork of Kodi likely to be in the Apple TV App Store) as it relies on Python, which couldn't be included in an App Store release. AIUI MrMC will likely to be supporting a different type of add on based on Javascript?

If/when the MrMC code revisions get folded back into Kodi, you may be able to run Python apps via a side-loaded Kodi install on an Apple TV 4 (installed via a USB-type C cable probably) now that Apple appear to have opened up side-loading to anyone (not just registered developers) Timescale for this ? Who knows!

MrMC is likely to arrive before Kodi on ATV4s.
Hopefully you can change the default background...
You mentioned buffering once before, but does your build have any issues with playing full Blu Ray rips? Ive had had trouble with both remuxed MP4s and homestreaming and Plex (Direct) but only on some movies, yet my ATV3 was fine with the same things via homesharing and plex connect. It seems to be a buffering issue with the ATV4. Since you are directly playing from a file share and not streaming it might not be an issue but I don't know how the internal atv4 player bits work?
Will the App allow us to play .mkv files from a NAS device on a network?
(2015-11-22, 17:45)BuddyRich Wrote: You mentioned buffering once before, but does your build have any issues with playing full Blu Ray rips? Ive had had trouble with both remuxed MP4s and homestreaming and Plex (Direct) but only on some movies, yet my ATV3 was fine with the same things via homesharing and plex connect. It seems to be a buffering issue with the ATV4. Since you are directly playing from a file share and not streaming it might not be an issue but I don't know how the internal atv4 player bits work?

what can I say, plex sucks Smile I don't see any issues with buffering.
(2015-11-23, 23:19)zeeboy Wrote: Will the App allow us to play .mkv files from a NAS device on a network?

yes
Since kodi (still) lacks the feature of reading metadata / tags in video files, i wanted to ask, if you are planning in supporting this for mp4 video?
(2015-11-24, 06:18)An00bIS Wrote: Since kodi (still) lacks the feature of reading metadata / tags in video files, i wanted to ask, if you are planning in supporting this for mp4 video?

Not for v1.0 but later versions, yes.
(2015-11-22, 17:45)BuddyRich Wrote: You mentioned buffering once before, but does your build have any issues with playing full Blu Ray rips? Ive had had trouble with both remuxed MP4s and homestreaming and Plex (Direct) but only on some movies, yet my ATV3 was fine with the same things via homesharing and plex connect. It seems to be a buffering issue with the ATV4. Since you are directly playing from a file share and not streaming it might not be an issue but I don't know how the internal atv4 player bits work?

I didn't have any issue with Plex buffering on the new Apple TV.

I was waiting for the full version of Kodi to be sideloaded but I'm really enjoying Plex right now.
hello i just got this new apple tv 4th im new to this what stuff can i put on it ? also i have the usb -c cable but when i pug it into pc it dont do nothing
(2015-11-24, 17:56)MrMC Wrote:
(2015-11-24, 06:18)An00bIS Wrote: Since kodi (still) lacks the feature of reading metadata / tags in video files, i wanted to ask, if you are planning in supporting this for mp4 video?

Not for v1.0 but later versions, yes.

Nice to hear Smile

Quote:hello i just got this new apple tv 4th im new to this what stuff can i put on it ? also i have the usb -c cable but when i pug it into pc it dont do nothing

i guess with a PC you can not do much. You need a MAC and Xcode > 7.0. You will get it at the Mac App Store for free. Then you can download the source code for kodi and try to compile it yourself. But i wouldn't recommend it for you and it won't probably run without changes. So without a MAC and Xcode and knowledge of compiling stuff yourself, you can only use the App Store on the AppleTV and wait for official release of MrMC
  • 12(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi on the new AppleTV45