• 2(current)
Release Google Play Music - From scratch
Good work so far :-)
I haven't managed to get my library working yet though. Updating gives me an error. I have pasted a part of the log at pastebin.com/yHxzP7rh - I hope you can detect the issue. (Windows 10).
(2015-11-18, 00:13)StefanK Wrote: Good work so far :-)
I haven't managed to get my library working yet though. Updating gives me an error. I have pasted a part of the log at pastebin.com/yHxzP7rh - I hope you can detect the issue. (Windows 10).

Oh wtf? ._.
Apparently there are entries missing an artist-id
And now that I've seen that I'm guessing this is due to uploading songs (which I don't do so I never encountered that)

So am I right that you uploaded songs yourself? (just to make sure I'm right)

Depending on the the answer, the way of fixing it will change because either I ignore everything that's lacking an ID (which would be the normal way
of doing it as ID's are essential and would be a fast fix) or, if it's your own uploaded music, I'd have to work around it (Not so nice and will take some more
time)

Once I know the cause of this issue (meaning I need your answer ;D) I can start working on it.
Shouldn't take longer than a day (I hope) Smile
Good guess, I have uploaded a bunch of indie albums that are not available in google music.
Looking forward to the fix :-)
(2015-11-18, 00:29)StefanK Wrote: Good guess, I have uploaded a bunch of indie albums that are not available in google music.

Alright. For me it's bed time though so you'll have to wait a little longer Wink
I'll get to it once I finished work tomorrow and let you know when I'm done Smile
(2015-11-17, 17:59)DarkHelmet Wrote: I see your point and yes, it's all hacky now for sure. A unified interface for addons to populate the library in kodi would be the solution on the long run. I just wanted to contribute another possible approach for the meantime.

What makes me hesitant to replace my local music files to Google completely are connection speed issues and availabilty. Also think of countries where broadband connections are not as widespread and cloud solutions are not feasible now.

Sorry, completely missed your reply at first.

Yeah, a unified interface would be really nice but oh well ^^
I really appreciate that contribution though Smile

Yeah I have a local copy for the same reason however I never (have to) use it. But on mobile devices I can save the stuff offline and at home I've a reliable connection.

And after all I think it's not that big of a deal to use either Kodis library OR the add-on. Keeps it separated at least which makes my OCD happy Big Grin

And if we think further, if you'd merge local and cloud together into one view you'd have to think about countries with bad connections or contracts where you pay on a usage basis.
Having everything merged into one view would make it hard to differentiate whether it's local or online as I don't have a way of indicating that.
(2015-11-18, 00:29)StefanK Wrote: Good guess, I have uploaded a bunch of indie albums that are not available in google music.

Holy crap.. the more I implement, the more I hate myself for doing it. This makes everything ridiculously ugly and I'm questioning
if it's worth adding this "feature" to be honest.

The problem is that self uploaded tracks completely lack every form of artist-/album id meaning if have to compare there names (If they even exist which might not be the case).

Honestly, I'd rather exclude those tracks/albums/artist from the "My Library" section than trying to literally hack something together no one understands (in terms of source-code).

This would allow you to at least use the "My Library" section with googles tracks.
For what you uploaded you'd have to fall back to Kodis music library.

I know, having everything in one place would be what one expects but...
...but this is just ridiculous ._.

Update
As mention above I'll make it so that it doesn't crash when updating/loading the library. This is a quick fix and at least let's you (and everyone else having the same problem) listen to the rest of the library.
I'll try and come up with a idea that allows me to properly implement user uploaded songs but this will take quite some time
Hey Tadly,

thank you for your quick answer!
Sadly it still doesn't work.

Seems like i'm not the only one with this problem.
http://openelec.tv/forum/128-addons/7442...mitstart=0

I get the same error about the missing module.

I don't have a good understanding of the issue. But it seems like i would've to compile OpenElec from source.

edit: to clarify, people in the openelec forum have problems with missing distutils. for me it's still the missing unittest module.

edit2: i could make a github account. but it's not a problem with your addon, but a problem with openelec huh? but yeah if you wan't to take the discussion to github, i surely will make a github account.
(2015-11-19, 17:55)CorePoint Wrote: Hey Tadly,

thank you for your quick answer!
Sadly it still doesn't work.

Seems like i'm not the only one with this problem.
http://openelec.tv/forum/128-addons/7442...mitstart=0

I get the same error about the missing module.

I don't have a good understanding of the issue. But it seems like i would've to compile OpenElec from source.

edit: to clarify, people in the openelec forum have problems with missing distutils. for me it's still the missing unittest module.

edit2: i could make a github account. but it's not a problem with your addon, but a problem with openelec huh? but yeah if you wan't to take the discussion to github, i surely will make a github account.

Do you use google hangouts by any chance? if you do, drop me a message.
This will make interaction way easier and we will surly find a way to make this work Smile

If not, pm me here in the forum, that should do as well Wink
(2015-11-18, 19:21)Tadly Wrote: As mention above I'll make it so that it doesn't crash when updating/loading the library. This is a quick fix and at least let's you (and everyone else having the same problem) listen to the rest of the library.
I'll try and come up with a idea that allows me to properly implement user uploaded songs but this will take quite some time

I still get the same error with version 1.2.4:

16:54:18 T:8436 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.KeyError'>
Error Contents: ('artistId',)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\xyz\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.audio.linuxwhatelse.gmusic\default.py", line 44, in <module>
mapper.call(url)
File "C:\Users\xyz\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.module.linuxwhatelse.mapper\lib\mapper.py", line 150, in call
return function(**args)
File "C:\Users\xyz\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.audio.linuxwhatelse.gmusic\browse.py", line 378, in my_library_artists
items = build_artist_listitems(gmusic.get_my_library_artists(), True)
File "C:\Users\xyz\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.audio.linuxwhatelse.gmusic\gmusic.py", line 255, in get_my_library_artists
songs = [x for x in songs if x['artistId'][0] not in seen and not seen_add(x['artistId'][0])]
KeyError: ('artistId',)
-->End of Python script error report<--
(2015-11-23, 17:59)cicero22 Wrote:
(2015-11-18, 19:21)Tadly Wrote: As mention above I'll make it so that it doesn't crash when updating/loading the library. This is a quick fix and at least let's you (and everyone else having the same problem) listen to the rest of the library.

I still get the same error with version 1.2.4:

16:54:18 T:8436 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.KeyError'>
Error Contents: ('artistId',)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\xyz\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.audio.linuxwhatelse.gmusic\default.py", line 44, in <module>
mapper.call(url)
File "C:\Users\xyz\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.module.linuxwhatelse.mapper\lib\mapper.py", line 150, in call
return function(**args)
File "C:\Users\xyz\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.audio.linuxwhatelse.gmusic\browse.py", line 378, in my_library_artists
items = build_artist_listitems(gmusic.get_my_library_artists(), True)
File "C:\Users\xyz\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.audio.linuxwhatelse.gmusic\gmusic.py", line 255, in get_my_library_artists
songs = [x for x in songs if x['artistId'][0] not in seen and not seen_add(x['artistId'][0])]
KeyError: ('artistId',)
-->End of Python script error report<--

Oh wow.. I actually completely messed up there ._.
Sorry, my bad. Give me a few minutes Wink

Edit:
No wait, I think I didn't Big Grin
Open the addon-settings, go to Actions and do Clear cache
Than try again Smile
Hey Tadly,

sorry that i didn't managed to write back as of now.
It's crazy your addon is working right now and i didn't change anything.
The only thing that might have changed on my system is, that i could have updated to a newer millhouse build of openeelec. Or maybe the restart, although i did some restarts after my unittest install atempts.
I might dig through the changelogs of openelec, to find out if anything has changed there.

Greetings and thank you again for your help!
(2015-11-24, 01:49)CorePoint Wrote: Hey Tadly,

sorry that i didn't managed to write back as of now.
It's crazy your addon is working right now and i didn't change anything.
The only thing that might have changed on my system is, that i could have updated to a newer millhouse build of openeelec. Or maybe the restart, although i did some restarts after my unittest install atempts.
I might dig through the changelogs of openelec, to find out if anything has changed there.

Greetings and thank you again for your help!

Actually.. I changed things.. A lot Big Grin
I've been trying to get it work on osx aaaaaand there have been quite some dependencies missing as well.. so I just threw everything in (including unittest)
Smile
Oooh i see, actually that was the first thing i checked. Just in the changelog though and i didn't found anything there. Should've looked into the folder.

You're great, thank you for this amazing addon!
(2015-11-24, 12:18)CorePoint Wrote: Oooh i see, actually that was the first thing i checked. Just in the changelog though and i didn't found anything there. Should've looked into the folder.

You're great, thank you for this amazing addon!

This is because I'm stupid and always forget to write the changelog Big Grin
(won't be long until I write something to generate it from my commit-log ^^)

Glad you like it Smile
Development is a bit on hold though as I have to get things done on other projects (namely PictureIt, my Kodi Visualization)
But I'll try and balance things as there are a few things I need to add to this addon as well

Enjoy your music and have a great day Smile
(2015-11-23, 18:30)Tadly Wrote: Open the addon-settings, go to Actions and do Clear cache
Than try again Smile

After manually deleting the .cache folder (deleting via addon gave me a script error "file used by another process"), I can access the library now. Thanks!
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Google Play Music - From scratch1