• 46(current)
Android Nvidia Shield Android TV (Updated Jan 26 2017 - 5.0 update)
But will Kodi 17 remedy it? I was under the impression that is going to support passthrough of HD audio. At the moment (using Kodi 15.2 or 16 beta 2) it won't even passthrough AC3 or DTS.

Thanks
(2015-11-24, 21:47)andy4278 Wrote: But will Kodi 17 remedy it? I was under the impression that is going to support passthrough of HD audio. At the moment (using Kodi 15.2 or 16 beta 2) it won't even passthrough AC3 or DTS.

Thanks

Kodi does currently pass-through AC3 and DTS. It just doesn't work for everyone (at least not correctly), it's AVR dependent.
Forum Rules (wiki) | Banned add-ons (wiki) | Wiki (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Currently, pt of ac3/dts works "by accident", I. E. in a non api-compliant way.
As of 17, all pt, whether ac3/dts or HD will use the standard Android API.
That's good news.

So this: https://github.com/koying/xbmc/commit/92...5b41794c01 Wink
Forum Rules (wiki) | Banned add-ons (wiki) | Wiki (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2015-11-25, 09:08)Tinwarble Wrote: That's good news.

Passthrough on Android seems to be a real pain!
I just switched from a Denon AVRX1100W to a X1200W just to recognize that no audio passthrough (dts,dolby digital, etc.) will work anymore. I now just hear noise or tweeting from the speakers, no passthrough and the audio is ok.

I use a kodi nightly from yesterday, so the mentioned fix should be included.

Does anybody has any idea why a new AVR modell will break passthrough even from the same brand?

Dan
(2015-11-25, 10:05)dan3o3 Wrote:

I just switched from a Denon AVRX1100W to a X1200W just to recognize that no audio passthrough (dts,dolby digital, etc.) will work anymore. I now just hear noise or tweeting from the speakers, no passthrough and the audio is ok.

Does anybody has any idea why a new AVR modell will break passthrough even from the same brand?

Dan
No it's not included! Nowhere it's mention it will be until said several time "Kodi version 17"
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2015-11-25, 10:08)Martijn Wrote: No it's not included! Nowhere it's mention it will be until said several time "Kodi version 17"

Mhhh, ok but do you have any idea why it worked with the older AVR?

Dan

Dan

That's the same AVR I have so can confirm passthrough doesn't work.

Dan

No, as Martijn said it want be are until 17. Kodi Jarvis is currently in feature freeze and nothing new will be added. What I posted is a link to Koyings fork of Kodi and most of that stuff is a WIP.
(2015-11-25, 10:16)Tinwarble Wrote:

Dan

No, as Martijn said it want be are until 17. Kodi Jarvis is currently in feature freeze and nothing new will be added. What I posted is a link to Koyings fork of Kodi and most of that stuff is a WIP.
Thanks for explaining Tinwarble, I indeed missed that you posted a link to a fork. Smile
I am just a bit confused that it worked with the older model and broke now with the new one.

Dan
(2015-11-25, 10:13)dan3o3 Wrote:
(2015-11-25, 10:08)Martijn Wrote: No it's not included! Nowhere it's mention it will be until said several time "Kodi version 17"

Mhhh, ok but do you have any idea why it worked with the older AVR?

Dan

Because as I stated, pass-through works just not on all AVRs, at least not correctly, there are work a rounds. Some people may not have an issue, others like myself and you will.

Just do like I do for now and set Kodi up to do the decoding and output LPCM.
(2015-11-24, 21:41)andy4278 Wrote:
(2015-11-13, 07:37)Vidman Wrote:
(2015-11-13, 05:09)scottgoodman Wrote: All. Looking for help.

Running a Shield tv with 15.2 kodi and connected to a Marantz SR6007 receiver.

No matter what I do, I can't play any ac3 or dts movies. All I get is static. Picture is fine. Pass through enabled, dd and dts capable selected.

When I play the same file in the Google movies player, I have no problems at all, so the issue lies with Kodi and not my receiver.

Help! Thx!

I get this if my shield volume is not set to 100% full volume

I have the exact same problem and nothing seems to fix it.

I've got a Denon receiver which I know is basically a rebadged Marantz (or vice versa) so just wondering if it's a receiver specific problem.

Anyone any ideas please??

I have a Marantz SR6006 and there is no issue.
"Accidental" passthrough works on some AVR and not on others because it all depends on the AVR detecting that the stream of bytes sent to them is PT and not plain PCM, as there is no "flags" sent to the AVR as in proper PT.
I'm considering a Shield TV as I have a 4K TV and want Kodi to playback 4K content, however my AVR doesn't support 4K Passthrough. Is there another output that I can use on the Shield to send just HD Audio to the AVR while sending the HDMI signal straight to the TV?
Also, can anyone comment as to whether the NSTV will do a good job at playing the large Spiderman and Looper 2160p files that are "out there" at the moment?
  • 46(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Nvidia Shield Android TV (Updated Jan 26 2017 - 5.0 update)6