Kodi jarvis and animated gif
Not sure where to put this..
But i have problems on all platforms with jarvis beta (all of them) and animted gifs:

Here's my earlier post:
Ok i did some more tests
its not skin related

with iso files, i do see the gif files
with bdmv folders i dont see them cause kodi auto goes into the bdmv folder... but thats one too far
for ex
\oblivion\poster.jpg
\oblivion\oblivion.gif
but kodi auto goes into
\oblivion\bdmv\
so it cant find it, it cant go up the folder either
i only can chose:
- local file
- current file
- item map, so in item map i can browse to the smb path, but only from \oblivion\bdmv\ and farther on
not up the tree...
how come?

also
if i put the gif into \oblivion\bdmv\oblivion.gif
i can select it, but the gif file doesnt work!!!! its static! (over smb)
if i put the gif file local... the gif file does work !!!

why is that? dont they work over smb?
i cant put them local cause its android device and not much space...

help needed
Anyone or any dev can put a light on this?
Why isnt it working over smb but local it does?

and why cant i see the file with bdmv..i cant go up the tree?
Nobody?
At least attach a Debug Log..
Huh would there something in it?
Cause i dont get error or smth

k i will
http://xbmclogs.com/p0klnqrkf
Code:
20:46:02 T:7080   ERROR: Gif::LoadGif(): Memory consumption too high: 124746480 bytes. Restricting animation to 59. File memory file

This error seems to be fixed: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/8380

And to me it looks like .gif isn't a supported format for SMB
Code:
20:46:12 T:4208 WARNING: XFILE::CDirectoryFactory::Create - unsupported protocol(image) in image://Browse/
20:46:12 T:4208   ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::Exists - Error checking for image://Browse/

Maybe try again with a nightly and report back.
Still the same with latest nightly
http://xbmclogs.com/peqspojtq
I wonder why those dont work over smb and normal it does.. i dont get it
If someone can put a light on this...
I don't get where you try to show the gif? Do you reference it in some skin xml file or open it via the pictures section or what? Please post a detailed reproduction description for me.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
(2015-11-26, 18:20)Memphiz Wrote: I don't get where you try to show the gif? Do you reference it in some skin xml file or open it via the pictures section or what? Please post a detailed reproduction description for me.

I think I'm having the same problem as skank. He replied in another post I asked this. That is.. I replace my movie poster with a gif as opposed to the movie-poster.jpg. This is in a movie folder on my nas. It won't show animation. If I move it to a folder on the local HD of one of my kodi installs and set it as the poster for the given movie then it will show the animation
(2015-11-25, 15:58)Robotica Wrote:
Code:
20:46:02 T:7080   ERROR: Gif::LoadGif(): Memory consumption too high: 124746480 bytes. Restricting animation to 59. File memory file

Code:
20:46:12 T:4208 WARNING: XFILE::CDirectoryFactory::Create - unsupported protocol(image) in image://Browse/
20:46:12 T:4208   ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::Exists - Error checking for image://Browse/

These two messages are not related to the problem. But I think I found the root cause.
(2015-11-26, 18:20)Memphiz Wrote: I don't get where you try to show the gif? Do you reference it in some skin xml file or open it via the pictures section or what? Please post a detailed reproduction description for me.

Yes i use skin aeon mq6, its adjusted so it supports animated gifs in the detailed movie views...

So i go into movies
There you can already see it when using for example right list view
When i press detailed information, i see it again

It works when its local, but doesnt when its through smb
(2015-11-26, 20:59)beesmyer Wrote:

I think I'm having the same problem as skank. He replied in another post I asked this. That is.. I replace my movie poster with a gif as opposed to the movie-poster.jpg. This is in a movie folder on my nas. It won't show animation. If I move it to a folder on the local HD of one of my kodi installs and set it as the poster for the given movie then it will show the animation

True

(2015-11-27, 09:01)Ace Wrote:
(2015-11-25, 15:58)Robotica Wrote:
Code:

Code:

These two messages are not related to the problem. But I think I found the root cause.

Ah, you found the cause for my problem?
Yes, but I don't think that I can "fix" it for jarvis, because it's quite deep in the texture loading code...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi jarvis and animated gif0