• 152(current)
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows
(2015-11-26, 13:18)sat4all Wrote: maybe instead of asking team kodi for dsplayer adoption we should ask madshi for cross-platform render?

Uhm, sorry, but no, I don't have the development resources for that. Furthermore, I don't think e.g. Linux has a system level plugin system comparable to DirectShow. So even if I did port madVR to Linux, you couldn't just tick some checkbox and then use it in your favorite media player. I'd have to beg every media player developer to add support for such a madVR port, and I'm not sure many would be willing to do that, considering that most of them in the Linux world are open source, while madVR is not. So the whole idea of porting madVR to e.g. Linux is not very attractive to me.

(2015-11-27, 12:39)afedchin Wrote: Just to be honest. I as one developer who supports windows platform (yes, it's me) I don't want to support a huge "black box" like DSPlayer is for me. I'm alone and have no time enough for core Kodi not even speaking about DSPlayer. The main problem of DSPlayer for me as windows developer: there is no a possibility to use madVR renderer without DirectShow filters. If there is a some way to use madVR (through COM) just as another renderer like DXVA, Pixel Shaders or Software, I would be glad to try to implement an integration. But current state of DSPlayer in not acceptable not only for me but for all devs in the team whether you like it or not. Also I didn't like what madVR isn't open source project and I'm realy don't like to working with closed source projects.

I could add a non-DirectShow interface to madVR. But it seems that an "official" Kodi video renderer binary interface might be happening sooner or later, anyway, so maybe we should just wait for that, to save you the development time, and to keep the Kodi code base as clean as possible?

Btw, such an interface would have to go a bit deeper than you probably anticipate right now, because in order to provide *all* the madVR features, I'd need to have control over Direct3D presentation. So the interface would need to include some way for the Kodi main EXE and the video player and the video renderer components to discuss who's in charge of Direct3D etc. I wish a simple "draw frame X and deliver it in a surface or texture" would suffice, but it doesn't. We'd lose half of the madVR features that way. Well, maybe not half, but some of them are quite important.

(2015-11-28, 00:55)geofred1993 Wrote: And why not mpv?

Amazing features:

- Mostly all madvr's features like deband, nnedi3, sharpeners and some more.
- It's fully open source and is available on windows, osx and linux.

It may be a good match for Kodi because it's also open source and multi platform, and it has copied several good ideas from madVR. But don't kid yourself into thinking that it has "mostly all madvr's features". It's quite far from that. Also the quality of some of the key algorithms that mpv does have doesn't match madVR's quality (yet?). I could give you a detailed list of all quality differences, but if I gave you such a list, I already know that you'd forward it to the mpv devs to use as a checklist for their future development, so I'm not going to do that.
@madshi

thanks for sharing your vision.
Is there any chance for you to contribute for integrating some of madvr clue features like deband, high quality scalers... on built in kodi video player?
i know that plenty of madvr features already exist in your to do list, but it worth tryingBig Grin
LG OLED65C8 / Denon AVR-X3200W / KEF E305+ONKYO SKH-410 / Synology DS2415+ / Logitech Harmony Companion / ZOTAC MAGNUS EN1060K (Kodi DSPlayer x64) / LightSpace HTL, DisplayCal, HCFR, Calman / i1D3 OEM Rev.B, i1PRO2 OEM Rev.E
If I made my algorithms available to an open source project, I could just as well open source madVR itself. Which is not going to happen. The key reason why madVR is closed source is that I want users to use madVR, and not some other renderer. Open sourcing madVR means I would lose any quality or feature advantage that I might still have over other renderers, which means users wouldn't gain anything, anymore, by using madVR, which is the opposite of what I want.

I have the utmost respect for open source developers. I have to admit that I'm more selfish than they are. However, my wish to write/have the best video renderer also drives my motivation. madVR wouldn't be what it is (maybe wouldn't even exist at all) without that.
Fair enough.

thanks much.
LG OLED65C8 / Denon AVR-X3200W / KEF E305+ONKYO SKH-410 / Synology DS2415+ / Logitech Harmony Companion / ZOTAC MAGNUS EN1060K (Kodi DSPlayer x64) / LightSpace HTL, DisplayCal, HCFR, Calman / i1D3 OEM Rev.B, i1PRO2 OEM Rev.E
For now I update Jarvis with all update until now (12/02/2015) .

link for download:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/7799...0.dx11.exe

Warnings:
- This is an unofficial Kodi build not from Team Kodi.
- This build comes with no warranties, explicit or implied, and you use it at your own risk.
- This build was compiled by Wanilton, for use only in Windows OS, and have same functions official build + dsplayer support.

git:

https://github.com/mediaBrasil/xbmc/tree...r_dsplayer

PS: I will no update or developer dsplayer, only'll keep the current code by aracnoz update with master.
MediaBrazil forum Website - Youtube Channel
MQ9-1.6.0.29 - 09.15.2023 - Aeon MQ Skin Team
MarcosQui Website Donate and support us.
Thanks Walnilton
HTPC
Silverstone Grandia GD05 - Intel i5 3570k -Asus H61M-G Micro-ATX - Unidad Blu-ray
MSI GTX970 4GB GDDR5 - 8 GB RAM DDR3 - AVR Denon X3400H Atmos - LG  OLED 55C7V
Is anybody here?

I need your help
I'm trying to run the aracnoz's DsPlayer in my nephew's PC
I created a folder/Madvr 89.13 in C:/Program files (x86)
But i cannot extract the files from the ZIP , therefore i cannot run the install.bat
What i'm doing wrong?
Do i need to install the playercorefactory and mediasconfig/filterconfig first?
This is the reason?
Thanks for your attention
Quote:I could give you a detailed list of all quality differences, but if I gave you such a list, I already know that you'd forward it to the mpv devs to use as a checklist for their future development, so I'm not going to do that.

I don't give a damn about dsplayer, but this is sooo far from our values that I'd give -1 to merging just for that phrase...
(2015-11-28, 21:20)Koying Wrote: I don't give a damn about dsplayer, ...

Hmm, I thought the direction this discussion went was productive, but ...
(2015-11-28, 21:20)Koying Wrote:
Quote:I could give you a detailed list of all quality differences, but if I gave you such a list, I already know that you'd forward it to the mpv devs to use as a checklist for their future development, so I'm not going to do that.

I don't give a damn about dsplayer, but this is sooo far from our values that I'd give -1 to merging just for that phrase...
Come on, guys, read before posting. aracnoz added back EVR support just to avoid depending on closed source code *and* he was ready to work on dsplayer as a binary addon when it became possible to do so.

Also, criticizing madshi seems kind of nearsighted, considering how much he's contributing to raising the bar for htpc playback quality.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
Thanks Walnilton!
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
(2015-11-29, 00:05)ashlar Wrote:
(2015-11-28, 21:20)Koying Wrote:

Come on, guys, read before posting. aracnoz added back EVR support just to avoid depending on closed source code *and* he was ready to work on dsplayer as a binary addon when it became possible to do so.

Also, criticizing madshi seems kind of nearsighted, considering how much he's contributing to raising the bar for htpc playback quality.

Says the rich man to the poor: Hey, look - see - without me you would not know how rich one could get ... that's what koying meant with our values.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2015-11-28, 21:20)Koying Wrote: I don't give a damn about dsplayer

All is said.
I love DSPlayer, I really do. I love how it brings all these features to the table, but I'm thinking.. Isn't there standardized renderers, filters and so on that could work across all platforms? (I don't know and I shall Google this after this message.) I mean, going back to DVDplayer after this seems.. Horrible. I love Kodi, but dammit once you've fiddled with all this shit, it seems dumb not to take advantage of all these nice features any more.

EDIT: Found DVDplayer thread, deleted last part of post, sorry.
(2015-11-28, 19:37)Wanilton Wrote: For now I update Jarvis with all update until now.

link for download:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/7799...0.dx11.exe

Warnings:
- This is an unofficial Kodi build not from Team Kodi.
- This build comes with no warranties, explicit or implied, and you use it at your own risk.
- This build was compiled by Wanilton, for use only in Windows OS, and have same functions official build + dsplayer support.

git:

https://github.com/MediaBrasil/xbmc/tree...r_dsplayer

PS: I will no update or developer dsplayer, only'll keep the current code by aracnoz update with master.

Thank you for this!
  • 152(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows47