• 101(current)
Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio
(2015-11-28, 14:43)noggin Wrote:
(2015-11-27, 00:07)calibos Wrote: Watched an SBS of Titanic the other night. I really can't tell the difference in PQ between it and my Frame packed Avatar for example. This is on 1080P projector projecting a 125" image with me sitting about 13ft away. Both looked incredible. I'm not going to stress about FULLHD 3D frame packed as much any more. However what I did notice a lot of when watching Titanic was judder. I thought I had everything set correctly for 23.97 playback but must have missed something. Can someone list all the Kodi settings needed to ensure 23.97hz 3D playback?

Interesting. I find HSBS very poor quality, compared to a 3D Blu-ray (or Pi 2 playing a 3D Blu-ray MKV or ISO) outputting Frame Packed 24p, on my 49" UHD TV system, which uses passive glasses. The only HSBS stuff I watch is TV off-air recordings which are 1080/50i HSBS (and have 50Hz motion).

I find the reduced horizontal resolution of HSBS stuff very noticeable. (Watching 960x1080 stuff on a 3840x1080 effective display is really quite obvious)

i have an LG 55" passive 3D UHD TV and i agree with you totally, i picked up a PI2 for the MVC support and its amazing the difference with full 3d content PQ but even with the PI2 i notice HSBS stuff looks alot better than my previous box (s802 amlogic) because you can use the "Full 3D resolutions" setting which outputs hsbs as frame packed or something.. pretty nice the way it all works. not sure why it took me so long and like 6 different boxes to get a PI2, its the best way to go for an openelec setup currently imo. Frame packed 3D rocks
Main System - HTPC - Intel I3 6300 - Asrock z170 - 16 GB DDR4 - 128gb SSD - 65" UHD HDR Sony Android TV - Pioneer VSX 1130-K - 7.2.2 speakers
Other devices currently in use - 55" 3D UHD LG TV - 2 Fire TV's - Nexus Player - MiniMX s905 - Voyo Vmac Mini
Ubuntu Server - 12 TB NAS - MYSQL - Torrent Box
But, the source is still half-rez 960x1080, so your TV is just doing a nice job upscaling. On a 55" TV, maybe not noticeable, but once you get into front projection, it's noticeable. Heck, it's hard to distinguish standard 2D 1080p vs. 4K on a 55" TV unless you're sitting up close, like 5-6ft away.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My Family Room Theater
Box for upcoming Venz V8:

I see "BlueRay" misspelling; hopefully not a sign of quality Wink. Also, no mention of OpenELEC on box.
My Family Room Theater
(2015-11-25, 22:59)hdmkv Wrote: Venz has complied with GPL. They let me know their "Kodi build is fully complying with GPL requirements" and that their key developers are Codesnake and J1nx.
I hope Venz is not expecting Kodi users and Kodi devs to accept that as a TLBB Venz V8 GPL compliant GitHub request ?
There are a total of 3 patches to the Kodi code (excluding the custom Skin) that have nothing to do with 3D ISO/MVC or HD Audio Passthrough in this OpenELEC GitHub.
Are we sure the correct GitHub Link has been given here for the Venz V8 box in question ?

As the Box has not been distributed yet, I understand GPL compliance does not have to be adhered to at the moment. Codesnake has given a lot to the AMLogic Open Source Community community in the past, I'm sure he will do so again if he needs to.

Looking at that Box hdmv has posted, and again at their Website, I notice any mention of HD Audio has been removed as well.

That GitHub link I posted earlier was given to me by them. I'm a little suspicious on 3D and HD audio as well, and also being accomplished with OpenELEC on V8.
My Family Room Theater
(2015-11-29, 20:25)hdmkv Wrote: I see "BlueRay" misspelling; hopefully not a sign of quality Wink. Also, no mention of OpenELEC on box.

I think BlueRay name is a dead registered trademark.....

Quote:The name Blu-ray is derived from the underlying technology, which utilizes a blue-violet laser to read and write data. The name is a combination of "Blue" (blue-violet laser) and "Ray" (optical ray). According to the Blu-ray Disc Association the spelling of "Blu-ray" is not a mistake, the character "e" was intentionally left out so the term could be registered as a trademark.

The correct full name is Blu-ray Disc, not Blu-ray Disk (incorrect spelling)
The correct shortened name is Blu-ray, not Blu-Ray (incorrect capitalization) or Blue-ray (incorrect spelling)
The correct abbreviation is BD, not BR or BRD (wrong abbreviation)
Anthem MRX310 | XTZ 93.23 DIY 5.1 (Seas Jantzen Mundorf) | DXD808 | Oppo 103D | LG OLED 55EC930V | Nvidia Shield | ATV3

Anyone find a main company site for Venztech? I can't seem to find it.

From my e-mail exchange with them:
Quote:Website: www.venztech.com (under construction)
My Family Room Theater
Eeee probably a waste of time with that box..

Compare the two websites for this V8 device, someone is not telling the truth in regards to supported features:

http://thelittleblackbox.com/v8_4k/
http://www.futeko.com/products/MP064.php

This statement now looks very dubious from Futeko:
Quote:FULL 7.1 CHANNEL HD-AUDIO Unique amongst ARM OpenELEC boxes, 7.1 HD-audio (Dolby True-HD, Dolby ATMOS, DTS-HD MA) can be bitstreamed from Kodi.

hdmkv, On Android devices that do not support 3D ISO.
If possible install the HiMediaWrapper APK of Himedia to add this functionality? to add this as a second player?

This is what makes the Himedia Q5 / q10, right?

It's just an idea
(2015-11-30, 05:46)wrxtasy Wrote: Compare the two websites for this V8 device, someone is not telling the truth in regards to supported features:

http://thelittleblackbox.com/v8_4k/
http://www.futeko.com/products/MP064.php

This statement now looks very dubious from Futeko:
Quote:FULL 7.1 CHANNEL HD-AUDIO Unique amongst ARM OpenELEC boxes, 7.1 HD-audio (Dolby True-HD, Dolby ATMOS, DTS-HD MA) can be bitstreamed from Kodi.

We received specific clarification on 7.1 and 3D-ISO from the manufacturer before agreeing to sell V8.

I've read recent posts in this thread and am seeking further clarification from Venztech.

I'll post an update here when we have further info.

With regard to 'not telling the truth', we always post correct specs, to the best of our knowledge.
(2015-11-30, 12:17)futeko Wrote: With regard to 'not telling the truth', we always post correct specs, to the best of our knowledge.
Exactly.
People should really stop throwing accusations before the box is even released.
Calling futeko liars is really a low blow as they are just reporting what they were told by the makers.
If they were to give wrong infos after the box has been on the market, and they've had a chance to test it then sure it would be a different matter but to this point they haven't done anything wrong...

I for one really hope the specs are correct because I'm really looking for a box that can do Atmos/MVC MKV with the correct framerates and no choppiness.

So let's play the waiting game and hold back the pitchforks and torches for a bit longer, shall we?
Box 1: ODroid N2+ 4GB
Box 2: Intel NUC D34010WYK (Windows afedchin's Krypton MVC Build)
Box 3: Vero 4K
RIP schimi2k | I miss you buddy :(
I'm eager to see 3D ISO on AML on OpenElec. That would really be a great first Smile
Especially as AML can also do 23.976 right?
My Family Room Theater
  • 101(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio17