Kodi jarvis and animated gif
(2015-11-28, 17:06)Ace Wrote: Yes, but I don't think that I can "fix" it for jarvis, because it's quite deep in the texture loading code...

Does this mean there is likely no solution to animated posters on network attached storage in Jarvis?

Or is it more confined than that?... just not over SMB? something that can be worked around in the advancedsettings? Just trying to understand where I go from here or if I just completely drop it until Kodi 17.
(2015-11-28, 17:06)Ace Wrote: Yes, but I don't think that I can "fix" it for jarvis, because it's quite deep in the texture loading code...
Maybe with help from other devs or programming guys?
If i could i would.. Would love to see it fixed!
jarvis is in late phase - you can put as much devs on it as you want - intrusive changes are unlikely to make it in the code base in this stage - what is it @Ace?
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
@Memphiz https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master...e.cpp#L295 gifs are loaded with the g_TextureManager but for non local sources the largeLoader is forced to be used. I'll test one or two non intrusive changes tomorrow. The thing is that I want to implement incremental frame loading for Kodi K*****, because of the high memory usage. Therefore I'll have to rewrite the animation loading anyway...
@Memphiz I've done a quick "hack": https://github.com/ace20022/xbmc/commit/...da2d8b8031 . There's room for improvement and simplifications, but...
@ users You see that the changes aren't trivial and I don't have a good feeling merging it to jarvis in this state.
Hey Ace ... i commented on github a bit. But i second your feeling about it. Imo its to intrusive for jarvis. Adding a lot of new's without the same amount of deleted's always makes me feel like leaking memory Wink. I wonder who in our team is into all that image caching stuff beside you for a second valid pair of eyes (my pair is not valid i think). If we can't name someone i think a bit of refactoring (removing that big block of duped code) and just merging it in asap after branching of jarvis might be a good idea (to get the big testers picture).
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
Thanks for the comments! I think I'll do a bigger rewrite for K. Case closed for now Cool
So in short. That "hack" doenst work? Or only a bit?
Its not being merged? Although there is room for further improvement... I do get that.
that hack might introduce bugs or unstable behavior. It works for sure on the first look. But thats not enough in beta stage Wink
(2015-12-01, 08:10)Memphiz Wrote: that hack might introduce bugs or unstable behavior. It works for sure on the first look. But thats not enough in beta stage Wink

yeah i understand, but will it be merged into jarvis?
Or is it truly for K****?
(2015-12-01, 10:27)Skank Wrote:
(2015-12-01, 08:10)Memphiz Wrote: that hack might introduce bugs or unstable behavior. It works for sure on the first look. But thats not enough in beta stage Wink

Why did i even bother to look into these sub forums No.
lol - maybe he is missing the important bit that jarvis is in beta phase atm?
(2015-12-01, 11:11)Ace Wrote:
(2015-12-01, 10:27)Skank Wrote:

Why did i even bother to look into these sub forums No.

dont get me wrong, i do get that full support is for K...
i do appreciate you looking into here...

i only ask if that "hack" will go into jarvis now or not..
i cant get a clear answer for that in the last replies, or i get it wrong , if so im sorry to ask...
(2015-12-01, 13:45)Memphiz Wrote: lol - maybe he is missing the important bit that jarvis is in beta phase atm?

no not missing that
Memphiz, ace

All skank wants is a clear answer to his post here. Being... does it look like Jarvis will get a patch? Or is it left to the next release? Still unknown? Will you work on it to see if you can get something not do obtrusive? Do you not care about it and will just wait? I would like an answer to it as well. Why the sarcasm? I think skank is handling himself pretty well in light of the mistreatment.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi jarvis and animated gif0