• 8(current)
RetroPlayer branch of Kodi
If I install this, will it overwrite my precent kodi player and all the changes i´ve made?
I was wondering about the current state of nvidia gamestream inclusion in these builds...

I saw the addon in the garbar repo (game.moonlight)...

If there are instructions to build myself and include in a regular kodi-retroplayer installation, would be fine
(2015-11-08, 04:59)Anonymous Coward Wrote: I'm somewhat lost - is there a version here that would run on Cubox (freescale i.MX6x)? Is it safe to assume the pi2 build would work?

Not sure. The Pi2 build is OpenELEC, so I would ask in their forum.

(2015-11-17, 15:11)Dingochamp Wrote: If I install this, will it overwrite my precent kodi player and all the changes i´ve made?

As long as you match the Kodi version, nothing will be overwritten. The only changes RetroPlayer makes are additional entries in the add-on database, which will be safely ignored by vanilla versions.

The most recent RetroPlayer is based on Kodi 15.2. I will upload a 16 "jarvis" build after I've finished the new controller configuration utility around january or so.

(2015-11-30, 13:20)evilsephiroth Wrote: I was wondering about the current state of nvidia gamestream inclusion in these builds...

I saw the addon in the garbar repo (game.moonlight)...

If there are instructions to build myself and include in a regular kodi-retroplayer installation, would be fine

game.moonlight was the result from one of our Google Summer of Code students this summer. It is a proof-of-concept and needs changes to its build system, as well as changes in RetroPlayer core. This will be one of my primary focuses when I'm done with the controller util. Check back around then when I've picked up development again.
Well, I was thinking on contributing integrating the plugin into the openelec build system but if there are changes to do to the retro player core to do, I'm available as well... I think we are gonna have a chat...
How do I install this on Windows 10?
(2015-11-08, 04:59)Anonymous Coward Wrote: I'm somewhat lost - is there a version here that would run on Cubox (freescale i.MX6x)? Is it safe to assume the pi2 build would work?

No a Pi2 build won't work on a cubox.
(2015-12-16, 22:18)Dre Sage Wrote: How do I install this on Windows 10?

Just pick the generic build from http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=173361 and installvas per usual.
Is there any target version to merge RetroPlayer into Kodi master branch? I read in OSMC forums that is possible that Kodi 17 includes RetroPlayer, but I can't read something like that here.
Because we don't give guarantees.
You can use the testbuilds as long as it is not ready for final inclusion into mainline.
How can i set default behavior of .zip files to 'browse into"?
Currently when running a .zip RetroPlayer freezes.
So I have installed this over the latest stable version of Openelec for Pi on a RPI3b.
It was a clean install to experiment with. I notice that every 6 seconds or so I get a delay in the UI now. It pauses/lags or simply wont register an input command sometimes if pressed during that lag period. Is this known/common with the current build ?

I have replicated this twice now with two separate clean installs. The SD card used is a 64gb Class10 SanDisk Ultra.
The entirety of the input code, about 60% of retroplayer, has been merged into master. Do you see similar issues in the openelec nightlies?
I was using the 6.0.3 stable release to test. (15.2)
Which nightly do you want me to try? I'll throw it on.
Wouldn't any recent Openelec nightly be for Kodi17?

Also, it still occurs with smb, ssh, zeroconfig, airplay, web server, bluetooth, and wifi disabled (overclocked and standard).

Zero lag on the base openelec on the Pi3 until the current build is applied.
FYI, I have a second Pi3 here I've been using to get SpillPass updated for Jessie/onboard wifi. Seems to not be an issue on this second unit (same SD card)....

Im thinking it may actually be hardware related as weird as that sounds. My baseline raspbian image is showing strange r/w behavior on that pi.
Im going to update the firmware on both. Hopefully it's just a bad unit.
guys,
forgive my silly question, I am wondering if having the possibility to play open source games (supertux, supertuxkart and gcompris) is in the scope of retroplayer.

I guess I can install them and add them to advanced launcher, but i think it will be easier/better if they could be played directly from retroplayer.

i know that at the moment there are more important things to be worked on, so this absolutely doesn't want to be pushing anybody.... i am just trying to understand what the future might bring....and what is the best for my setup

Thanks

m
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
RetroPlayer branch of Kodi8