• 157(current)
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows
@Wanilton, thanks for the new build(s), appreciated!
Thanks Wanilton!
I wanted to ask
To keep synchronized Git clone and Master_DSPlayer , Which directory you have to hit , in practice That path.

appreciated!
I'm adding my thanks to Wanilton!

Just one clarification: is the version you posted today based on the official beta2 released some days ago?
Light IMDb Ratings Update - Keep updated the IMDb ratings for your movies and TV shows.
In case you found useful my work, feel free to offer me a cappuccino!
Update until now, all included, with latest commits (beta 3).

https://github.com/MediaBrasil/xbmc/comm...r_dsplayer
MediaBrazil forum Website - Youtube Channel
MQ9-1.6.0.29 - 09.15.2023 - Aeon MQ Skin Team
MarcosQui Website Donate and support us.
(2015-12-02, 13:03)axlt2002 Wrote: I'm adding my thanks to Wanilton!

Just one clarification: is the version you posted today based on the official beta2 released some days ago?

He base it on master branch. So treat it like nightly build.
Thanks Wanilton and oldpoem for the clarifications!!! You were really fast!!!
Light IMDb Ratings Update - Keep updated the IMDb ratings for your movies and TV shows.
In case you found useful my work, feel free to offer me a cappuccino!
(2015-12-02, 12:53)Bjur Wrote: I've just checked this thread after some time. And aracnoz leaving this DSplayer project which he has taken us further than anyone else is such a shame. After reading the current state and vision thread and the answers he received both there and here from a couple of the developers, I was about to write an angry reply. I don't think he deserved the hostile answers he got, and can understand if that was the final reason he left, but of course the heavy workload on DSplayer which he had to do mostly alone was too much for one person.

I would be perfect for us DSPlayer users to have it integrated in official builds somehow, but it's very much easier said than done. I've programmed a short time and can understand on a very basic level how difficult it must be to manage all that code. A hope for the future is that DSPlayer doesn't obsolete when seeing the progress aracnoz has made.

A REALLY big thanks to aracnoz for the impressive work he has done on this project and a sympathetic developer also, which is not always the case.
He has taken DSPlayer to a higher level and hopefully his work won't die out.
And also thanks to madshi for his kindness and time to help and get madvr into DSplayer and Warner306 for maintaining the guide. Lastly thanks to the official developers of Kodi. Even if I don't agree with the prioritize of Windows platform and DSplayer integration, I understand the limited ressources and the multiplatform arguments and am greatful to have such a great Mediacenter software as Kodi, which is the best there is.

And hopefully in the future aracnoz would become active again, even just to see what DSPlayer has developed into in the future.

A positive thing is that some of the official developers became active in this thread and hopefully there's light at the end of the tunnel for DSPlayer future and the great work especially aracnoz but also madshi, tiben, and those I have missed, has put into this project.

There is some hope madVR will be an option for the rewritten Kodi media player, so aracnoz's project may contribute to future versions of Kodi, even if DSPlayer is not integrated.
(2015-12-02, 12:57)gotham_x Wrote: Thanks Wanilton!
I wanted to ask
To keep synchronized Git clone and Master_DSPlayer , Which directory you have to hit , in practice That path.

appreciated!

You don't have to mess with GitHub. Download the installer and overwrite old versions of Kodi. Wanilton will continue to update and provide installers, I'm sure.
(2015-12-02, 12:53)da-anda Wrote: any copy protection does nothing but put obstacles in the way of paying customers. They won't sell more copies due to copy protection

Movie and TV show releases should be available for download in sizes ranging from uncompressed to highly-compressed. Add multi-device support and cheaper than retail prices, and many people would buy movies rather than pirate them. The Kaleidoscope store is one such option for uncompressed Blu-rays, but you have to use Kaleidoscope. I want to buy movies like songs, where I can play back media on any compatible MKV player. You risk pirating, but many people would want the security of buying from a trusted source. It is just a matter pricing the content correctly.

When fiber optic Internet is more common and large storage is cheap, this would be my preferred means of buying and watching movie and TV shows. Options like the iTunes Store are not good enough. Compression is too high and being tethered to iTunes is too limiting.
(2015-12-02, 20:17)Warner306 Wrote:
(2015-12-02, 12:57)gotham_x Wrote: Thanks Wanilton!
I wanted to ask

appreciated!

You don't have to mess with GitHub. Download the installer and overwrite old versions of Kodi. Wanilton will continue to update and provide installers, I'm sure.

Many thanks for the clarification.
(2015-12-02, 20:43)Warner306 Wrote: Movie and TV show releases should be available for download in sizes ranging from uncompressed to highly-compressed. Add multi-device support and cheaper than retail prices, and many people would buy movies rather than pirate them. The Kaleidoscope store is one such option for uncompressed Blu-rays, but you have to use Kaleidoscope. I want to buy movies like songs, where I can play back media on any compatible MKV player. You risk pirating, but many people would want the security of buying from a trusted source. It is just a matter pricing the content correctly.

When fiber optic Internet is more common and large storage is cheap, this would be my preferred means of buying and watching movie and TV shows. Options like the iTunes Store are not good enough. Compression is too high and being tethered to iTunes is too limiting.
agreed. I never ever gonna buy a digital copy of a movie for the same or at times even a higher price than the blu-ray, while the digital copy has a much much worse picture and sound quality in addition. Even renting movies on Prime or GooglePlay is much more expensive then renting the blu-ray and have it shipped to your home. So there is no wonder that movie/tv-show streaming is not that popular and likely never will be if they don't adjust the prices. For 5€ I can either rent one movie in "HD" and have to finish it within 2 days or get 2 blu-rays delivered to my home and can finish them in one month - guess what I do.
Question. I tried to play Interstellar BD, but I couldn't get it to play the disc. Is there any settings that should be enabled for this to work?
I've used mediaconfig before, but am now using the internal part aracnoz made.
(2015-12-03, 11:05)da-anda Wrote:
(2015-12-02, 20:43)Warner306 Wrote: Movie and TV show releases should be available for download in sizes ranging from uncompressed to highly-compressed. Add multi-device support and cheaper than retail prices, and many people would buy movies rather than pirate them. The Kaleidoscope store is one such option for uncompressed Blu-rays, but you have to use Kaleidoscope. I want to buy movies like songs, where I can play back media on any compatible MKV player. You risk pirating, but many people would want the security of buying from a trusted source. It is just a matter pricing the content correctly.

agreed. I never ever gonna buy a digital copy of a movie for the same or at times even a higher price than the blu-ray, while the digital copy has a much much worse picture and sound quality in addition. Even renting movies on Prime or GooglePlay is much more expensive then renting the blu-ray and have it shipped to your home. So there is no wonder that movie/tv-show streaming is not that popular and likely never will be if they don't adjust the prices. For 5€ I can either rent one movie in "HD" and have to finish it within 2 days or get 2 blu-rays delivered to my home and can finish them in one month - guess what I do.

I guess you download illegal copies off internet? Tongue

(2015-12-03, 11:31)Bjur Wrote: Question. I tried to play Interstellar BD, but I couldn't get it to play the disc. Is there any settings that should be enabled for this to work?
I've used mediaconfig before, but am now using the internal part aracnoz made.

You could try manually mount iso first. And point dsplayer to play mlps or index.bdmv file. In my past experience ISO handler in kodi doesn't work well in many cases.
Thanks oldpoem. I don't have any iso files to try with. How do I point dsplayer to play m2ts/bdmv files? Earlier I just used mediaconfig, but I like the idea with not using that.
Internal filters is just preset mediaconfig aracnoz provided for novice users. You can just edit it like normal mediaconfig files. It resides in dsplayer folder in kodi main folder. Also it's not adviced to edit it since it would get overwrite everytime you upgrade build.

Custom mediaconfig files is still the way to go if you know how to manage it.

Also you need to setup some software to deal with drm like anydvdhd or makemkv. DSPlayer or Kodi in general doesn't support encrypted disc playback natively.
  • 157(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows47