• 4(current)
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 17.0)
(2015-12-08, 20:46)Pienoet Wrote: Ok thanks milhouse untill then i guess it isn't possible update to newer builds then 1205 if using pvr.hts client?

Correct.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.

I'm sorry, since build #1001 dvd Menu don't work.
...have tested to play several DVD from Harddisk.
I can also confirm. Rebooting is working for me with connman 1.3 after removing the system.d mounts. just switching back over to the old autostart.sh mounts now so hopefully can keep using latest builds until a fix comes Smile
(2015-12-08, 16:01)Milhouse Wrote:
(2015-12-08, 12:21)nalor Wrote: Hopefully this is working for Milhouse too and we can reenable libaacs support Smile

Great, this is working - I'll include it in the next test build.

Do you have any plans to send this upstream, to libaacs?

Spent the rest of the day learning a few git basics and managed to send a patch with my changes (converted and tested against the current master branch of libaacs) to the libaacs-development mailing list - this seems to be the correct way for newbies like me Smile

Hopefully they're accepted Big Grin
Hello,

As I noticed again some changes regarding passthrough in the changelog of #1207, therefore I tried again whether passthrough of DD5.1 (AC3) using a HifiberryDigi+ works now (Issue already posted in #2407). Unfortuantely not.

Sometimes my old Sony receiver detect DD5.1 but no sound is hearable sometimes it plays stereo and switches later to DD5.1 and goes silent. A debug log is attached. Just as a note DTS works perfect and DD5.1 works using HDMI passtrough. Therefore I assume the receiver even as it is old is still working as expected.

http://sprunge.us/bPTQ

Please let me know if I could expect support of HifiberryDigi+ on Kodi or if it useless to post the issue here.

Thanks.
(2015-12-08, 22:21)Ollo Wrote: Please let me know if I could expect support of HifiberryDigi+ on Kodi or if it useless to post the issue here.

What was the last build with working HifiBerry Digi+ DD5.1 support? It's probably a kernel issue, but identifying the last working build is a useful starting point.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2015-12-08, 22:24)Milhouse Wrote:
(2015-12-08, 22:21)Ollo Wrote: Please let me know if I could expect support of HifiberryDigi+ on Kodi or if it useless to post the issue here.

What was the last build with working HifiBerry Digi+ DD5.1 support? It's probably a kernel issue, but identifying the last working build is a useful starting point.

The issue is it never worked. Blush I started using HifiBerry in OE6.0 and had the same behaviour. Later I was able to get DTS working after some tries and with the help of popcornmix in post #2149.
The VideoPlayer issue seems to be fixed as I'm able to use "sync playback to display" and passthrough enabled and DTS is still working. However DD5.1 never did.

I'm not sure where I should start testing? Should I go back to OE 6.0 builds?
(2015-12-08, 22:34)Ollo Wrote: I'm not sure where I should start testing? Should I go back to OE 6.0 builds?

I'd suggest adding your comment here on the HiFiBerry Digi forum as apparently you're not alone, so at least it's not your hardware that is at fault. Smile

It should at least be working with OpenELEC 6.0 as this is a supported option, so you could pester HiFiBerry for better support - after all, they sold you the hardware.

If a fix materialises (I don't know if it's a Kodi issue, or a HiFiBerry kernel issue), then chances are you'll see it here first.
(2015-12-08, 06:46)Leopold Wrote: Have you tried just putting them in /etc/fstab instead of manually creating the systemd mount files?
Completely forgot it's a read-only filesystem so of course that won't work!
Leopold's Repository: Home of LibreELEC Dev Updater ...
(2015-12-08, 22:53)Leopold Wrote:
(2015-12-08, 06:46)Leopold Wrote: Have you tried just putting them in /etc/fstab instead of manually creating the systemd mount files?
Completely forgot it's a read-only filesystem so of course that won't work!

Haha. I was going to ask this but didn't want to make myself look stupid in case I was wrong.
I can confirm that by changing back to the older autostart.sh mounting method, everything is running fine and I can reboot properly.
New OpenELEC K* build #1208: RPi / RPi2
(Supercedes previous build)

Code:
# uname -a
Linux rpi512 4.3.0 #1 Tue Dec 8 21:30:03 GMT 2015 armv6l GNU/Linux

# vcgencmd version
Dec  8 2015 14:44:44
Copyright (c) 2012 Broadcom
version e591b5eb05e2cdb1b5ae25512b27d33127d7bee9 (clean) (release)

# lsb_release
OpenELEC (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20151208212913-#1208-gc5875ae [Build #1208]

# vcdbg log msg 2>&1 | grep DTOK
001711.271: Kernel trailer DTOK property says yes

# Kernel device tree status: Enabled

Based on tip of OpenELEC master (c5875ae6, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (a18e22d1, changelog) with the following modifications: Build Highlights:
  1. New firmware
  2. Re-enable libaacs with fix from @nalor
  3. Enable PulseAudio --> ALSA Bridge for Bluetooth audio. Does this still disable "passthrough output audio" device? Please test.
  4. popcornmix Wrote:Note: today's update has potential for regressions. We now try to limit the number of frames buffered in mmal hw decoder as much as possible.

This has been observed to cause issues with how videoplayer treats live tv (it makes its queued data calculations inaccurate) and is also the underlying cause of video finishing early (because many frames are still in decoder). We had worked around that issue a different way, but this is a more direct fix.

It is quite possible this change could harm performance or cause stalls. Seems okay in my testing, but be aware.
Build Details:
  1. Firmware (Dec 8):
    • firmware: video_decode: Provide ability to limit the number of callback structures used See: link
    • firmware: audioplus: Remove spurious semi-colon that breaks test mode
    • firmware: vdec3: mpeg2: Don't use display_ext info for calculating PAR. See: link
    • firmware: Initial support for setting voltage based on ring osc
  2. XBMC:
    • [WinRenderer] Fixed video after window resize. (PR:8522, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • gfx: fix toggle fullscreen when playing video (PR:8515, 1 commit, 7 files changed)
    • VideoPlayer: realtime streams do require special treatment, audio mus… (PR:8511, 1 commit, 5 files changed)
    • [configure] make sure the top kodi src dir is always in INCLUDES (PR:8496, 1 commit, 2 files changed)
    • Fix two crash bugs (PR:8507, 2 commits, 2 files changed)
    • [gitignore] VideoPlayer artifacts (PR:8523, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • Stop Scraping Album Overriding Tags When OVERRIDETAGS Disabled (PR:8497, 1 commit, 3 files changed)
  3. pvr.argustv:
    • [lang] updated language files from Transifex (3d8f13f9)
  4. pvr.demo:
    • [lang] updated language files from Transifex (e6f4d317)
  5. pvr.dvblink:
    • [lang] updated language files from Transifex (1cbc6dc1)
  6. pvr.dvbviewer:
    • [lang] updated language files from Transifex (03ed8718)
  7. pvr.filmon:
    • [lang] updated language files from Transifex (e74e9714)
  8. pvr.hts:
    • [lang] updated language files from Transifex (d398a930)
  9. pvr.iptvsimple:
    • [lang] updated language files from Transifex (eda38ccf)
  10. pvr.mediaportal.tvserver:
    • [lang] updated language files from Transifex (93de38e2)
  11. pvr.mythtv:
    • [lang] updated language files from Transifex (1f123bba)
  12. pvr.nextpvr:
    • [lang] updated language files from Transifex (0547ce53)
  13. pvr.njoy:
    • [lang] updated language files from Transifex (eac0f6fc)
  14. pvr.pctv:
    • [lang] updated language files from Transifex (2ca34f92)
  15. pvr.stalker:
    • [lang] updated language files from Transifex (9400b421)
  16. pvr.vbox:
    • [lang] updated language files from Transifex (5571c04b)
  17. pvr.vdr.vnsi:
    • [lang] updated language files from Transifex (b39d225a)
  18. pvr.vuplus:
    • [lang] updated language files from Transifex (42b2af59)
  19. pvr.wmc:
    • [lang] updated language files from Transifex (5010083c)
  20. newclock5:
    • New commits in this build:
      • [mmalcodec] Remove demux queue (0ecfe5b9)
      • [mmalcodec] Remove time based limit on submitted packets (a88da145)
      • [mmalcodec] Add back logging of data queued in decoder (4f7b57b6)
      • [mmalcodec] Try to minimise latency through hardware decoder. This could reduce performance but keeps videoplayer happier (d7d8280d)
      • squash: Release lock when waiting for buffer (98a29b94)
    • Commits no longer in build:
      • VideoPlayer: realtime streams do require special treatment, audio must be capable of accepting speed adjustments (1a4b4c2f)
      • gfx: fix toggle fullscreen when playing video (a4720ecd)
  21. kernel 4.3.y:
    • New commits in this build:
      • fixup! Added hwmon/thermal driver for reporting core temperature. Thanks Dorian (906ab5c7)
  22. Additional commits/pull requests/changes not yet merged upstream:
    • Added: [env] patch: Fix libaacs
    • Added: [env] patch: Build pulseaudio for all projects
    • Added: [env] PR:4482: pulseaudio: use pulseaudio --> alsa bridge
(2015-12-08, 22:46)Milhouse Wrote:
(2015-12-08, 22:34)Ollo Wrote: I'm not sure where I should start testing? Should I go back to OE 6.0 builds?

I'd suggest adding your comment here on the HiFiBerry Digi forum as apparently you're not alone, so at least it's not your hardware that is at fault. Smile

It should at least be working with OpenELEC 6.0 as this is a supported option, so you could pester HiFiBerry for better support - after all, they sold you the hardware.

If a fix materialises (I don't know if it's a Kodi issue, or a HiFiBerry kernel issue), then chances are you'll see it here first.

Thanks a will try and keep further testing your builds. (Indeed I checked there before but this was already some time ago and I didn't noticed the mentioned post).
(2015-12-08, 21:17)doldi Wrote: I'm sorry, since build #1001 dvd Menu don't work.
...have tested to play several DVD from Harddisk.

Do you mean #1001 is good and #1002 is the first bad build?
Hi popcornmix,

yes, of course ;-)
Details over this i wrote in the past (kodi16)
I've testet all builds after #1001 - to yesterday.
Nothing will work in DVD Menu with tested my favorite DVD since Kodi16 /#1001

I need this feature to switch the audio track (for example DTS).
I need this feature generally to play DVD :-)

All works fine in the Arabian Nights' Entertainments (translation-joke).
Post: #47 shows, that the lines on "play concert" , wich not appears on "'Track-Select" and "Audio Options"
The video_ts.ifo is running only a little bit - will also not able to switch to the right *.vob file....

edit 17:32h: @Home now: the same on new build ##1208, tested on two RPi2's

THX
(2015-12-09, 17:12)doldi Wrote: yes, of course ;-)
Details over this i wrote in the past (kodi16)
I've testet all builds after #1001 - to yesterday.
Nothing will work in DVD Menu with tested my favorite DVD since Kodi16 /#1001

I've had a look and Avengers DVD hangs for me in menus. I've tried on x86 Ubuntu with master build of kodi and it hangs in the same way there, so not a Pi specific or Milhouse specific issue.
I've reported it to Fernetenta.
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 17.0)6