• 109(current)
Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio
(2015-12-10, 01:34)Stereodude Wrote: ROFLAMO!!! Just think of how HP and Dell could advertise OS-less hardware with that uber-twisted logic.
I know, it's just a ridiculous reply. I get the feeling they're really underestimating what it takes to deliver on 3D & HD audio, especially nicely integrated within Kodi. Here's what they say:
Quote:Understand and agree with you that at this point it is better to hold any review about these features until we clarify upgraded information to you and to [name removed].

For both elements, HD Audio passthrough and MVC 3D working on the TLBB V8 4K our developers have work in progress to upgrade it in shortest amount of time, as said the hardware side covers the support but now the software side has to accumulate to make it possible and it has just been confirmed to me that it ain’t impossible to create this so please “hold your horses” and bare with us at this point.

Once it is ready we will update you instantly and ask you for a new check up and final review of the product.
May piss them off that I've posted what they've e-mailed me, but I don't care. I'm happy to sing the praises of those who deliver (RPi2, HiMedia Q5), and the opposite of those who don't. If TLBB indeed ends up delivering on full 3D and HD audio, I'll be sure to commend them. Until then, so long.

And, I gotta really commend Simon for not stocking the V8 for sale via Futeko. He's one of the most respectable resellers I've had the honor of knowing. Buy with confidence from this guy, and be assured you'll get terrific after-sales support. He's just done an awesome job with media player support, even when manufacturers fall short.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
(2015-12-09, 21:48)hdmkv Wrote: Well, I won't be reviewing the TLBB V8 4K. Discussed with them & didn't care for replies...

TLBB is
Quote:preparing a firmware update that will enable HD Audio passthrough on the TLBB
and
Quote:As for the support on MVC 3D, our hardware supports BD ISO 3D, just Kodi does not.

My reply...
Quote:That’s unfortunate, as the way you’re currently promoting V8 is going to upset many users. When you say “Blu-ray 3D”, people who know anything by what that means will expect full, frame-packed MVC playback... I’d strongly advise that you remove all ‘3D Blu-ray’ (and any HD audio) mentions everywhere (box/packaging, websites, marketing collateral) and instead tout what this box is best at ... pure linux, snappier than Android OS boxes w/same chip, easy/guided OpenELEC and Kodi set-up, automatic OTA updates, etc... I don’t plan to review this box now as it doesn’t do the two key things it was expected to: full 3D and HD audio.

Ugh! Thankfully, only lost 2 hours of my life on this, and hopefully saved aggravation to anyone intending to blind-buy this box for 3D and HD audio.
You are actually too kind on them hdmv, let call a spade a spade...
Lets call it for what it is - fraudulent advertising from a company that should never ever be trusted again.
TLBB are a disgrace.

- All AMLogic S8XX SoC's are actually H264 3D MVC up to 1080p@60fps hardware capable (from the AMLogic specs sheet). If everyone went around marketing their boxes as 3D ISO capable with no supporting software there would be an absolute uproar.
- I seriously doubt they are ever going to get HD Audio passthrough working on this device either.
- And they are outright lying about Codesnake's direct involvement with this device too. They are using some of his common available open source code, yes, but that is where it stops.
He has actually been working for WeTek, do you think he would be coding for a competitors product. ?

hdmv, I think you should have a wall of Shame on page #1, and award a Pinocchio Gong to the
Most Deceptive, Dodgy, product of the Year - that being the Venz TLBB V8 4K

I bet Futeko are glad I put my Sherlock hat on now and went sleuthing, before they got burnt as well !

Agree. Just counter-productive & only gullible buyers will succumb I'm afraid.

My HT
Sorry to butt in here guys - but does Kodi support Blu-Ray .ISO's ? Like ACTUALLY playing the Blu-Ray itself or the "Title 1" MVC file? Anytime I play a Blu-Ray ISO on the Fire TV or Windows..it just tells me I need a compatible Blu-Ray Player and 3D TV (on the actual 3D TV) or if I play the Title 1 - Kodi doesn't recognize it as 3D (aka no MVC is detected I'm guessing). Can anyone lend me more explanation as to what I'm experiencing?
Fire TV can play 3D Blu-ray ISO's, like many other Kodi media players, but in 2D mode. For full 3D supporting players, see post #1.

Will update charts in post #1 tomorrow to remove Venz V8 and add improvements on Zidoo X6, if any.
My HT
Please seperate the MINIX NEO U1 from any association with VidOn as well, this is not their X8-H+ product. the U1 should not even be on the 3D chart in the first place anyway.

Don't have them on the 3D chart, and no reply yet from Minix if U1 can even do 3D at all, by itself or via VidOn.
My HT
(2015-12-10, 03:23)hdmkv Wrote: Fire TV can play 3D Blu-ray ISO's, like many other Kodi media players, but in 2D mode. For full 3D supporting players, see post #1.

Will update charts in post #1 tomorrow to remove Venz V8 and add improvements on Zidoo X6, if any.

I'm confused. I tried playing a 3D Blu-Ray and all it gave me was a screen saying it's not compatible and needs a 3D TV (Which I have) and a compatible Blu-Ray player so I don't think it can play 3D Blu-Ray .ISO.

It can only play the main title 1 - not show the Blu-Ray menu when I choose it ...
(2015-12-10, 03:39)hdmkv Wrote: Don't have them on the 3D chart, and no reply yet from Minix if U1 can even do 3D at all, by itself or via VidOn.
Ah yes sorry disregard, it was the old X8-H+ thats up there. At least MINIX are not advertising the U1 as 3D MVC or HD Audio passthrough Playback capable straight out of the box like Venz.

(2015-12-10, 03:42)TheLastOfUs Wrote: It can only play the main title 1 - not show the Blu-Ray menu when I choose it ...
You won't get Blu-ray menus with any of the latest media boxes (in last few years), unless you have a capable Windows HTPC & PowerDVD or TotalMedia Theatre installed/configured as Kodi's external player. Reason for this is simple: Cinavia copy protection. Those who advertise full menus like VidOn are lying... it may (accidentally, never reliably) work on some titles.

With Fire TV, you'd select the main playlist from the ISO and it should play it, but in 2D mode.
My HT
(2015-12-10, 03:48)hdmkv Wrote:
(2015-12-10, 03:42)TheLastOfUs Wrote: It can only play the main title 1 - not show the Blu-Ray menu when I choose it ...
You won't get Blu-ray menus with any of the latest media boxes (in last few years), unless you have Windows & PowerDVD or TotalMedia Theatre. Reason for this is simple: Cinavia copy protection. Those who advertise full menus like VidOn are lying... it may work on some titles.

With Fire TV, you'd select the main playlist from the ISO and it should play it, but in 2D mode.

Ah right. Makes sense. Thank you. It plays 2D ...would love for 3D support of that...wonder when that will happen (is it a hardware thing or a Kodi thing?).

In any case I thought cinavia was only for audio - didn't know it applied to the menus?
(2015-12-10, 03:55)TheLastOfUs Wrote: Ah right. Makes sense. Thank you. It plays 2D ...would love for 3D support of that...wonder when that will happen (is it a hardware thing or a Kodi thing?).

In any case I thought cinavia was only for audio - didn't know it applied to the menus?

In order to have menus you have to have the full BDJ stack. The bluray association said in order for you to get the full BDJ environment to support menus you also have to have full cinavia support. Which for almost anyone with a media player killed it. There was some support with libbluray to add menu support but its still pretty hit and miss.

As for 2d and 3d depends on the device and KODI its a mix of both. A lot of devices have 3d playback but they dont give access to the drivers or a way to hook in to start 3d playback so the devices supports but kodi does not but its not the fault of kodi either.
(2015-12-10, 03:48)hdmkv Wrote: You won't get Blu-ray menus with any of the latest media boxes (in last few years), unless you have a capable Windows HTPC & PowerDVD or TotalMedia Theatre installed/configured as Kodi's external player. Reason for this is simple: Cinavia copy protection. Those who advertise full menus like VidOn are lying... it may (accidentally, never reliably) work on some titles.
All the pieces exist... Libbluray does menus. It is being integrated into Kodi.
So I need to wipe Debian and install OpenELEC on my Pi2 to get Kodi on it? Seems a bit...definitive. lol
Debian is not a great choice on kodi for any platform. The 3d mvc stuff for rpi in kodi is quite new. I am pretty sure kodi 15.2 has the 3d code, but development is mainly on openelec. There is a long thread of kodi 16. Openelec experimental builds for rpi. If you want 3d/iso/mvc support, that is your first port of call.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
  • 109(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio17