• 110(current)
Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio
(2015-12-10, 03:48)hdmkv Wrote: Reason for this is simple: Cinavia copy protection. Those who advertise full menus like VidOn are lying... it may (accidentally, never reliably) work on some titles.
It actually does show the full menu on Minix boxes (I have only checked 8-10 random titles).
Regarding TLBB, I think they mistake h264 mvc with 3d iso. I think they don't realize mvc is just a part of the puzzle.

Actually, all Sxxx amlogic can do mvc, but ffmpeg needs to be hacked (see zidoo, which picked up my experimental patches in their release) and 3d enabled in firmware.

I'll provide experimental android builds this Christmas with the AML hacks.
That should allow experimental 3d iso playback on any aml with 3d mvc enabled in firmware (eg WeTek core).
(2015-12-09, 16:46)hdmkv Wrote: Some photos & screenshots:

- With other 3D players (except Shield) being tested

Sorry if this question sounds stupid, but what are the 2 devices on the back behind the shield, the black and silver ones (I can see one says Himedia)? They seem small enough to fit my requirement.
(2015-12-10, 09:00)Koying Wrote: I'll provide experimental android builds this Christmas with the AML hacks.
That should allow experimental 3d iso playback on any aml with 3d mvc enabled in firmware (eg WeTek core).
That will be an awesome Christmas present... hopefully, we'll see more AML boxes with MVC 3D support via Kodi in early 2016. What about HD audio? As I haven't kept up with AML, is there any Sxxx that can do it w/o relying on VidOn?

Edit, I see you mentioned at least Minix U1 is already doing HD audio in that thread. Hmm, now which box to get? Wetek Core (which may add 3D and HD audio) or Minix U1, which is probably closer. Also, Core can do proper framerates right? Plus, has certified HD Netflix.

(2015-12-10, 12:48)melhemk Wrote: Sorry if this question sounds stupid, but what are the 2 devices on the back behind the shield, the black and silver ones (I can see one says Himedia)? They seem small enough to fit my requirement.
HiMedia H8 Octa (black) & Zidoo X6 Pro (silver). Compared both in this thread.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
(2015-12-10, 09:00)Koying Wrote: Regarding TLBB, I think they mistake h264 mvc with 3d iso. I think they don't realize mvc is just a part of the puzzle.

Actually, all Sxxx amlogic can do mvc, but ffmpeg needs to be hacked (see zidoo, which picked up my experimental patches in their release) and 3d enabled in firmware.

BEST NEWS OF THE DAYBlush
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
LIST OF AMLOGIC S905 HARDWARE

Low END

Quote:Beelink Mini MX $44
G-Box MXQ Pro 4K $48
Xiaomi Mi 3 TV Box $69
K1 PLUS $39

Player Type Android Box
Max Resolution 4K60
Android Version KitKat
Chipset Family ARM Cortex A53 ?
Chipset Model Amlogic S905 2Ghz Quad Core ?
Chipset GPU Mali450(x5)
Internal Memory 1GB Internal Storage 8GB
Storage USB (2) Micro-SD
Network Gigabit LAN Wi-Fi(n)
Size 110 x 110 x 18mm Fan No
Video Outputs HDMI
Audio Outputs HDMI Coaxial

HIGH END
[quote]MINIX NEO U1 $129
Tronsmart Vega S95 $99

Player Type Android Box
Max Resolution 4K60
Android Version Lollipop
Chipset Family ARM Cortex A53 ?
Chipset Model Amlogic S905 2Ghz Quad Core ?
Chipset GPU Mali450(x5)
Internal Memory 2GB Internal Storage 16GB
Storage USB (3) Micro-SD
Network Gigabit LAN Dual-band Wi-Fi(n)
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
(2015-12-10, 14:46)hdmkv Wrote:
(2015-12-10, 12:48)melhemk Wrote: Sorry if this question sounds stupid, but what are the 2 devices on the back behind the shield, the black and silver ones (I can see one says Himedia)? They seem small enough to fit my requirement.
HiMedia H8 Octa (black) & Zidoo X6 Pro (silver). Compared both in this thread.

Thank you very much, apparently from that thread it seems that both of them are not that good. Confused My hunt for a small media player continues....
@melhemk, unless I missed it, what are your requirements for that "small media player"?
My HT
(2015-12-10, 16:00)movie78 Wrote:
(2015-12-10, 09:00)Koying Wrote: Regarding TLBB, I think they mistake h264 mvc with 3d iso. I think they don't realize mvc is just a part of the puzzle.

I've been looking at this 3D business this afternoon on both GitHubs, and will have a stab at it for the S805 C1 OpenELEC I use, even with my poor c++ skills. I know about the h264 mvc support in the AMLogic Linux Kernel as well. There are a few fellas that would be up for the challenge over on the HardKernel forums I would think.

(2015-12-10, 16:36)hdmkv Wrote: @melhemk, unless I missed it, what are your requirements for that "small media player"?

I have detailed it here, but in short, something that will fit my small laptop bag (so light and small), can accept external NTFS HDD without extra equipment, have nice stable playback, no specific requirement of 3D or HD audio.

Edit: windows or android, for Netflix and additional apps.
(2015-12-10, 17:04)wrxtasy Wrote:
(2015-12-10, 16:00)movie78 Wrote:

I've been looking at this 3D business this afternoon on both GitHubs, and will have a stab at it for the S805 C1 OpenELEC I use, even with my poor c++ skills. I know about the h264 mvc support in the AMLogic Linux Kernel as well. There are a few fellas that would be up for the challenge over on the HardKernel forums I would think.

Lets us know on findings and progress.

Good luck!!!!!!
@melhemk, read about your needs. This is the wrong thread for that. You mention even RPi is too big for your travels, and that Netflix would be a plus, so I'd think a Windows PC HDMI stick would do the job. See Lon Seidman's video reviews here; he reviews several types and usually tests Kodi playback.
My HT
(2015-12-10, 00:24)wizziwig Wrote: Intel Windows drivers only support frame-packed 24p 3D output on Core i3/i5/i7/M and Desktop Baytrail Atom. Regular Celeron/Pentium processors do no support it. It's not a hardware limitation since the mode can be set in Linux but Intel will not enable it in Windows for some marketing reasons. Unfortunately, there is no playback software in Linux to take advantage of this feature (as far as I know).

you mention 3d is supported on desktop atom processors - would this unit with Intel Atom x5-Z8500 be able to play 3d via powerdvd ?

http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msca...1QqORHg)()
@movie78 & any other Kodi audiophiles in the know about ATMOS & DTS:X... I'm considering upgrading to a 7.1.2 set-up for the new formats, but I find speaker placement & this whole object-based idea w/DTS:X pretty confusing. Also, before I bought my home, I had my basement pre-wired for 7.1 (with cables all behind drywalls) & I'm not keen about thought of having to tear up walls and/or ceilings to add 2 more speakers, then patching up, sanding & repainting!

Anyway, for a best of both worlds ATMOS & DTS:X 7.1.2 set-up, where should the new height speakers go? Above the L/R fronts, firing down from near the ceilings? I assume same will work for both formats? Here are a couple of pics of my HT room...
My HT
The same does and does not work. Atmos is pretty static in speaker placement. DTS:x gives you room to have different speaker layouts and adjusts to were the speakers are when you run the tuning software. So setup your speakers to any of the ATMOS guides and the dts:x will sound good.

Are you planning on going with in ceiling speakers or up firing speakers? If you go with down firing you can put the above the L/R but the should be slightly before your L/R and slightly wider. In your viewing area I would go with the up firing speakers. I think you could get good placement without a lot of work.
  • 110(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio17