• 33(current)
WeTek Core (24p HD Netflix / HD Audio / Lollipop / OpenELEC / 4K / HEVC)
(2015-12-11, 09:18)wrxtasy Wrote:
(2015-12-11, 08:48)glypto Wrote:
(2015-12-11, 05:59)wrxtasy Wrote: Have you integrated these IPTV Android Apps into Kodi favourites ?
(This function is my favourite part of the whole Kodi Android integration) Smile

You can go to Programs > Android Apps > Select App > "C" key or context button > Add to Favourites

Can you do the same for any android app, including Netflix?
The idea is to auto-start Kodi when android boots and only use Kodi GUI...
Yes any Android App using the same procedure.

So it should be possible to point a library entry to the corresponding app. So if you "start" Boardwalk Empire S01E01,the HBO Now App opens.
It looks like only with TrueHD / Atmos, at least with an Onkyo TX-SR508 receiver, disabling DTS capable receiver to have Kodi trying to send PCM (at least I guess it will try that), gives no audio at all.
Hi. Bought my core yesterday. I am only interested to watch live sport. I don't care about movies music etc. Unfortunately I have the same problem like with my Raspberry Pi 2 not smooth picture. Quality is good but in my opinion is unwatchable. Picture is going not smooth, a bit slow and unreal. I have been trying everything from the Kodi settings but without any success. Tried any resolutions with or without hardware acceleration and nothing helps. Loaded Openelec found link in this topic and is the same. If someone can give me a hint is very welcome. Can post the result from debugging mode if it helps.
Thanks
Sky I think the problem is in the HDMI settings of your TV, all the "smoothing" settings from the manufacturer, etc that make things look like a soap opera
(2015-12-11, 10:56)ChristianTroy Wrote: Sky I think the problem is in the HDMI settings of your TV, all the "smoothing" settings from the manufacturer, etc that make things look like a soap opera

Thanks for your answer. Soap opera effect is right. Any solution of this H|DMI problem? Alsto I think that you are correct. When I watch on my laptop I havent got this problem.
Thanks again
What Brand of TV and what Model, someone on here will very likely have a similar one. ?

I call it "Hobbit Vision" like the effect you get with that HFR (High Frame Rate) movie when viewed at the Cinema.

(2015-12-11, 11:10)wrxtasy Wrote: What Brand of TV and what Model, someone on here will very likely have a similar one. ?

I call it "Hobbit Vision" like the effect you get with that HFR (High Frame Rate) movie when viewed at the Cinema.

Thanks for response The Tv is Panasonic plasma TX P50UT30B. I also got Samsung LED Full HD UE 32J5100AK.
Have the problem with both.
Thanks
Try to set the device to the cinema mode, on my Pana (LED) at home it's called True Cinema, I set it up using this as a start point: https://www.avforums.com/threads/panason...s.1888454/

I think that by googling you will even find something for you TV as Panas are pretty popular specially on AVForums
(2015-12-11, 11:22)ChristianTroy Wrote: Try to set the device to the cinema mode, on my Pana (LED) at home it's called True Cinema, I set it up using this as a start point: https://www.avforums.com/threads/panason...s.1888454/

I think that by googling you will even find something for you TV as Panas are pretty popular specially on AVForums

Thanks. I got both cinema and true cinema modes but even when I switch those I can't n see any difference. I will check the topic from your link. Thanks
Try also to disable all the "IFC" (intelligent frame creation) things if enabled), the gaming mode, turn on 24p detection, turn off eventual noise reductions, pretty much disable everything that the electronic tries to boost as 99% of the time just gives a crappy result.
(2015-12-11, 09:47)ChristianTroy Wrote: In case if it's not going to be added to Kodi I can easily add it to the launcher settings, actually I could just enable something for launching any app (just one at a time though lol) at boot.
It could work only for boot though because android doesn't let non system apps to listem to Intent.ACTION_SCREEN_ON/OFF, I haven't tried for the launcher (since lives in system but is not running with system uid) but I will
This is excellent!

Not that I dislike the launcher, but I would like to boot straight in to Kodi and run any external apps from the Kodi GUI. I think I'll only use the android part for doing stuff under the hood.
(2015-12-11, 11:47)ChristianTroy Wrote: Try also to disable all the "IFC" (intelligent frame creation) things if enabled), the gaming mode, turn on 24p detection, turn off eventual noise reductions, pretty much disable everything that the electronic tries to boost as 99% of the time just gives a crappy result.
I agree, such a waste of manufacturer time. Just leave the picture alone already! The last TV I bought (samsung) I had to turn off about 12 different functions (8 of which were just different names for block noise reduction), just to get a clean image. By the time the TV had applied all it's filters the image was just a soft blurry mess!

Bad Samsung! Slap on the wrist for you!
Well I will add it then, as soon as I feel better, I'm getting the flu and feel a bit dizzy so can't focus much on coding with the head weighting a ton Wink
(2015-12-11, 11:47)ChristianTroy Wrote: Try also to disable all the "IFC" (intelligent frame creation) things if enabled), the gaming mode, turn on 24p detection, turn off eventual noise reductions, pretty much disable everything that the electronic tries to boost as 99% of the time just gives a crappy result.

Ok. Thanks Could you recommend me Kodi settings or must live them by default?
Thanks
(2015-12-11, 11:52)lstar337 Wrote:
I agree, such a waste of manufacturer time. Just leave the picture alone already! The last TV I bought (samsung) I had to turn off about 12 different functions (8 of which were just different names for block noise reduction), just to get a clean image. By the time the TV had applied all it's filters the image was just a soft blurry mess!

Bad Samsung! Slap on the wrist for you!

HI Mate I got Samsung UE 32J5100AK. If your model is similar could you give me your recommended best settings please?
Thanks
  • 33(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
WeTek Core (24p HD Netflix / HD Audio / Lollipop / OpenELEC / 4K / HEVC)4