• 111(current)
Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio
(2015-12-10, 21:53)halfelite Wrote: The same does and does not work. Atmos is pretty static in speaker placement. DTS:x gives you room to have different speaker layouts and adjusts to were the speakers are when you run the tuning software. So setup your speakers to any of the ATMOS guides and the dts:x will sound good.

Are you planning on going with in ceiling speakers or up firing speakers? If you go with down firing you can put the above the L/R but the should be slightly before your L/R and slightly wider. In your viewing area I would go with the up firing speakers. I think you could get good placement without a lot of work.
Thanks... I was thinking these up-firing add-ons to match the budget Andrew Jones system I already have. Just waiting on 9.2-channel AVR's w/DTS:X to come down in price; cheapest I can find is this Yamaha RX-A2050.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My Family Room Theater
(2015-12-10, 22:15)hdmkv Wrote: Just waiting on 9.2-channel AVR's w/DTS:X to come down in price; cheapest I can find is this Yamaha RX-A2050.
If you really want to make sure that the new receiver is fully compatible with DTS:X, you may want to consider one of these receivers from Denon/Marantz: X7200W (A), X6200W, X4200W, AV8802 (A), SR7010, SR6010 and AV7702mkII. All these will be getting DTS:X firmware update in the first half of 2016. Yamaha Aventage line also has a good chance to get the update in 2016, but there has been no confirmation. Onkyo low end receivers are unlikely to get the full DTS:X implementation (Neural:X etc.). DTS has run into issues with the different DSPs used in these receivers. Analog Devices DSPs in the Denon/Marantz models and Texas Instruments DSPs used in Yamaha will be getting the update. Cirrus Logic DSPs fate doesn't seem promising.
Great news if wetek core can do 3d and HD audio soon. This would make it very attractive to purchase Smile
Sony KDL-46HX853 and Sony STR-DN1050
MONITOR AUDIO BRONZE BX5 5.0 speaker package
SVS SB2000 Subwoofer
Nvidia shield TV running SPMC
Pi3 running LibreELEC
harmony touch remote control
26GB unRAID server
(2015-12-10, 21:31)hdmkv Wrote: @movie78 & any other Kodi audiophiles in the know about ATMOS & DTS:X... I'm considering upgrading to a 7.1.2 set-up for the new formats, but I find speaker placement & this whole object-based idea w/DTS:X pretty confusing. Also, before I bought my home, I had my basement pre-wired for 7.1 (with cables all behind drywalls) & I'm not keen about thought of having to tear up walls and/or ceilings to add 2 more speakers, then patching up, sanding & repainting!

Anyway, for a best of both worlds ATMOS & DTS:X 7.1.2 set-up, where should the new height speakers go? Above the L/R fronts, firing down from near the ceilings? I assume same will work for both formats? Here are a couple of pics of my HT room...

Base on you room setup and size,The Pioneer up-firing speaker wouldn't be a good option, i would suggest getting POLK OWM3 and mount right infront of the front seat.

Move the side surround in-between the front and back seat.
Move the L/R Rear Surround line up with backseat.

Then your setup will look like something like this.

As far as DTS:X speaker placement,nobody knows what is going to be,DTS said that Atmos speaker configuration will work with DTS X.
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
(2015-12-10, 22:15)hdmkv Wrote:
(2015-12-10, 21:53)halfelite Wrote: The same does and does not work. Atmos is pretty static in speaker placement. DTS:x gives you room to have different speaker layouts and adjusts to were the speakers are when you run the tuning software. So setup your speakers to any of the ATMOS guides and the dts:x will sound good.

Are you planning on going with in ceiling speakers or up firing speakers? If you go with down firing you can put the above the L/R but the should be slightly before your L/R and slightly wider. In your viewing area I would go with the up firing speakers. I think you could get good placement without a lot of work.
Thanks... I was thinking these up-firing add-ons to match the budget Andrew Jones system I already have. Just waiting on 9.2-channel AVR's w/DTS:X to come down in price; cheapest I can find is this Yamaha RX-A2050.

Try this website Yamaha RX-2050

With the RX-2050 you can do.

5.2.4 ATMOS/DTS:X with an external AMP
7.2.2 ATMOS/DTS:X
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
(2015-12-10, 23:24)wesk05 Wrote:
(2015-12-10, 22:15)hdmkv Wrote: Just waiting on 9.2-channel AVR's w/DTS:X to come down in price; cheapest I can find is this Yamaha RX-A2050.
If you really want to make sure that the new receiver is fully compatible with DTS:X, you may want to consider one of these receivers from Denon/Marantz: X7200W (A), X6200W, X4200W, AV8802 (A), SR7010, SR6010 and AV7702mkII. All these will be getting DTS:X firmware update in the first half of 2016. Yamaha Aventage line also has a good chance to get the update in 2016, but there has been no confirmation. Onkyo low end receivers are unlikely to get the full DTS:X implementation (Neural:X etc.). DTS has run into issues with the different DSPs used in these receivers. Analog Devices DSPs in the Denon/Marantz models and Texas Instruments DSPs used in Yamaha will be getting the update. Cirrus Logic DSPs fate doesn't seem promising.

Its confirm by DTS and Yamaha's website that all their new RX-1050-2050-3050 will be getting DTS X/NEURAL X upgrade.
Good info wesk05 & movie78, thanks.
My Family Room Theater
(2015-12-11, 00:16)movie78 Wrote: Its confirm by DTS and Yamaha's website that all their new RX-1050-2050-3050 will be getting DTS X/NEURAL X upgrade.
Yes, they will be receiving the update, but there is no confirmation as to when. D & M Holdings confirmed a few days ago that their receivers will get the update in early 2016.
(2015-12-10, 03:48)hdmkv Wrote: You won't get Blu-ray menus with any of the latest media boxes (in last few years)
(2015-12-10, 05:05)halfelite Wrote: There was some support with libbluray to add menu support but its still pretty hit and miss.
FYI; Blu-ray Disc Java (BD-J) menus are actually working quite well in experimental builds that have BD-J enabled and using the very latest libbluray libraires, that is however still only with unencrypted/decrypted Blu-ray Disc files which itself is a separate dicussion on its own.

And note that all current and existing Kodi build releases from kodi.tv does not come with BD-J enabled, and it can not be enabled after compilation. And since BD-J menus is of couse off-topic here so for more information go instead to http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=213352

You all can help by testing BD-J menus in thhose experimental builds and reporting on ant reproducables issues in that thread.

Anyway, point is that VideoLAN developers (and Ace, the Team-Kod developer) are making great progress with improving support for BD-J in libbluray which is the major key dependecy for adding Blu-ray Disc Java menus support to Kodi, as well as reading (unencrypted) Blu-ray Disc files in general. Just checkout their changelog for libbluray http://git.videolan.org/?p=libbluray.git...=ChangeLog

For a other discussion that is also off-topic as it is about support for reading encrypted Blu-ray Discs and files, please see http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=230493
For information, BDJ will always be for desktops only, as it requires a full blown java machine (although android is java-based, the dalvik/art VM is incompatible with BDJ).
(2015-12-11, 14:12)Koying Wrote: For information, BDJ will always be for desktops only, as it requires a full blown java machine (although android is java-based, the dalvik/art VM is incompatible with BDJ).
Unless you can convince Google to add it to Android or at least allow manufacturers to add it? Or convince Nvidia to convince Google to add it or allow them to add it? Wink
What, a full blown java VM? You'd first have to convince Oracle to allow it Wink
I see that Minix now shows the following with regard to 3D on its new U1:
Quote:Added Vidon 3D patch (app is not included)
Koying, I'm guessing VidOn will go away after you release your 3D hack/patch for AML S-boxes.
My Family Room Theater
My patch is far from perfect. What we need is a bunch of interested devs implementing Bluray 3D into VLC's libbluray.
So how is VidOn managing to get BDJ to work on Android?
  • 111(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio17