• 93(current)
[RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux) - Thread 2
Hello, i added playback based on zeros fork. Added a pull request. Playback also supports control via kodi (pause/Play, skip forward+back, close). It only works on linux with chrome and xdotool installed. Also it needs a desktop environment. I don't want to create another fork, so I hope Zero integrates my fork.
I tried the plugin from z-e-r-o repo (http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2167780).
Does anyone can help me telling why it's not working? I can't even fetch any kind of series or movies:

http://paste.ubuntu.com/13941111/
(2015-12-11, 07:35)waterfoul Wrote:
(2015-12-10, 19:58)francovilar Wrote:
(2015-12-10, 01:31)JasonPell Wrote: Chrome on Android does not support the drm so don't believe that will work
Too bad. Actually netflix has the solution, the Android TV app but unfortunately I can't install without some kind off hack because the app checks if it's a authorised device. I've searched the web and beyond without success. Anyway, great job I'm sure this helps others.

FYI netflimc can launch the netflix app directly to a video, you just have to back out of netflix when you're done to get back to kodi (I added that nugget for my shieldtv). It can only launch the phone version though so if you have an android tv you will have to sideload it
Edit: nevermind. Wrong post
This entire thread is a mess ..........
a new updated one needs to be started to sepereate old from new and netflixbmc and netflix (zero) , netflix android ( launched from kodi) etc....

i've read a lot of these posts and i find it difficult which netflix works for which version of kodi
(2015-12-12, 19:07)Swiper the Fox Wrote: This entire thread is a mess ..........
a new updated one needs to be started to sepereate old from new and netflixbmc and netflix (zero) , netflix android ( launched from kodi) etc....

i've read a lot of these posts and i find it difficult which netflix works for which version of kodi

Yes it is and I agree. I said that last night but my post seems to have magically disappeared.
Asrock Rog Z390-H | Intel i9 9900K | Windows 10 Pro x64 | Pop!_OS 20.10 |Nvidia Shield TV Pro (2019)
EVGA Hybrid FTW GTX 1070 | Corsair 16GB DDR4
Samsung 500GB SSD | 500GB Nvme SSD |500GB WD Black Nvme SSD |6TB HDD
(2015-12-11, 07:35)waterfoul Wrote:
(2015-12-10, 19:58)francovilar Wrote:
(2015-12-10, 01:31)JasonPell Wrote: Chrome on Android does not support the drm so don't believe that will work
Too bad. Actually netflix has the solution, the Android TV app but unfortunately I can't install without some kind off hack because the app checks if it's a authorised device. I've searched the web and beyond without success. Anyway, great job I'm sure this helps others.

FYI netflimc can launch the netflix app directly to a video, you just have to back out of netflix when you're done to get back to kodi (I added that nugget for my shieldtv). It can only launch the phone version though so if you have an android tv you will have to sideload it
How can I do this? For the addon launch the official netflix app and play a show?
Today, I cannot get the addons to display any list (movies or TV shows).
I used it yesterday and "My List" was working. I don't know about the other lists.

Full log: http://pastebin.com/Dh7ZYFvA

If somebody has an idea.
Too bad these guys do not offer free api. http://unogs.com/

Quote:Every night unogs servers pull all the titles from Netflix and keeps track of all the new titles in each country as well as Netflix as a whole. In addtion we have started tracking when new seasons are available.

This service uses it for example https://www.smartflix.io
As this is mostly related to netflix/amazon video, just a general idea about a possible? different approach we might try - maybe this might be an idea for some coders here.

I really hope that we might get a stable solution to this DRM mess sometime soon Sad
(2015-12-16, 16:37)sectune Wrote: As this is mostly related to netflix/amazon video, just a general idea about a possible? different approach we might try - maybe this might be an idea for some coders here.

I really hope that we might get a stable solution to this DRM mess sometime soon Sad

Yeah, this would be a pretty nice solution. Kodi itself could have option to display webpages using built in webkit based renderer for example. Then that would be leveraged with plugins that would be site specific for controls, sanitizing the site etc. Other addons could launch site urls via that browser. I think i have read somewhere that the kodi devs are really against doing something like that for some reason Undecided
(2015-12-11, 17:19)logi85 Wrote: Hello, i added playback based on zeros fork. Added a pull request. Playback also supports control via kodi (pause/Play, skip forward+back, close). It only works on linux with chrome and xdotool installed. Also it needs a desktop environment. I don't want to create another fork, so I hope Zero integrates my fork.

Logi - I installed your version on Dec 16th (Kodi v15.2 on Ubuntu 14.04.3 LTS) - Playback works great; these are my additional observations:

1) "My List" isn't showing the correct things, but you knew that already (I read your comments to z-e-r-o on your pull request)

2) Is loading the thumbnails from external sources why it takes so long to load each screen?
If I remember correctly, the original NetfliXBMC app would use the low-res versions from the Netflix website on first load and download the high-res images in the background (from external sources) and cache them locally.
You wouldn't see the high res version until the 2nd time you opened up a section (My List, Previously Viewed, new releases, etc.) but I think that's a fair compromise to improve speed.

3) What is the proper way to close and get back to Kodi when I'm done watching? I have a button on my remote mapped to Alt+F4 that I've used on the old NetfliXBMC app. When I do that with yours, the screen goes black and I hear the non-stop 'clicking' (as if I was cycling through the options on the main page). This keeps going until I press Alt+F4 again to close Kodi. - One time, the screen actually reappeared for a split second before closing... it was, in fact, cycling through options on Kodi's homescreen as if I was holding down the arrow keys.

4) Lastly, speaking of 'Previously Viewed,' one version of the NetfliXBMC app would consolidate/ignore TV episodes except for the the last one viewed.
Meaning: If you binge watched 9 episodes of OITNB season 3 and closed the app - Previously viewed would show only OITNB S3E09 (or OITNB S3E10 if you waited until the episode started before closing).
The way later versions worked, and yours currently works, it lists every episode you watched in decending order S3E10, S3E09, S3E08 ...

Keep up the good work!
@steads, Thank you for testing!

1) yes I know, it is really difficult to parse the right informations by netflix. I hope perhaps zero would have a look on it cause he knows his code much better.

2) Yes this is a good idea, I'll have a look on it. Currently every information will be loaded at entering a section.

3) I'll add an Info to the screen. You can simply press the back-button (In most cases backspace). I have only tested without keyboard (using cec-remote). I'll also try to monitor the process-termination of chrome. if it's possible, it would be possible automatically go back to the previous screen. I use the black screen to react on events (to make it possible using a remote to control netflix/chrome)

Update: please check the newest commit. should now work for you.
Also, I added basic windows-support. (at least with chrome). but feel free to modify resources/launchBrowser.cmd to launch another browser.

4) I think this would be a nice feature, but first the plugin has to come stable. I started coding on it cause I'm waiting for a long time for a stable addon (I think like most of us).

Thx!

p.s.: feel free to add issues to zeros or my github account. this would help.

pps: my changes are not integrated yet by zero. If you want to try them, use https://github.com/logi85/plugin.video.netflix
(2015-12-12, 19:07)Swiper the Fox Wrote: This entire thread is a mess ..........

Yeah, I'm getting confused as well.

Is the add-on broken completely?
Is there a way to get it working with something else?
Or is there a new add-on that replaces it?

All of this is getting very muddled and confusing. All I want is an easy way to watch Netflix on my Kodi players and, at the moment, I have no idea how.
@logi85
I also have been using zeros git with your changes added, after netflixbmc stopped working. I had to make a few modifications ie my volumes and pause buttons did not work straight out of the box, a few line added to play.py fixed that. Lists and history seem to work, but for lists I find I have better results if I add them through the web site not through kodi. Your thank you all for a decent enough working addon. Makes my wife happyish thats all that matters
(2015-12-18, 02:37)Nerdy3.14159265 Wrote:

Yeah, I'm getting confused as well.

Is the add-on broken completely?
Is there a way to get it working with something else?
Or is there a new add-on that replaces it?

All of this is getting very muddled and confusing. All I want is an easy way to watch Netflix on my Kodi players and, at the moment, I have no idea how.

I'd like to know the same thing. I believe there needs to be a new thread. And yes it has become a huge mess!
Asrock Rog Z390-H | Intel i9 9900K | Windows 10 Pro x64 | Pop!_OS 20.10 |Nvidia Shield TV Pro (2019)
EVGA Hybrid FTW GTX 1070 | Corsair 16GB DDR4
Samsung 500GB SSD | 500GB Nvme SSD |500GB WD Black Nvme SSD |6TB HDD
  • 93(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux) - Thread 217