• 164(current)
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows
(2015-12-11, 00:10)Warner306 Wrote: Super-xbr100 + SuperRes is almost the same as NNEDI3 + SuperRes.
It is for live action videos:

SuperXBR + SuperRes
https://miku.hatsune.my/mizuha/spline3_v...32)_02.png

NNEDI3 + SuperRes:
https://miku.hatsune.my/mizuha/spline3_v...32)_03.png

But for animes and cartoons, nnedi3 is much better:

SuperXBR + SuperRes:
https://miku.hatsune.my/mizuha/spline3_v...32)_05.png

NNEDI3 + SuperRes:
https://miku.hatsune.my/mizuha/spline3_v...32)_06.png
(2015-12-11, 18:57)geofred1993 Wrote:
(2015-12-11, 00:10)Warner306 Wrote: Super-xbr100 + SuperRes is almost the same as NNEDI3 + SuperRes.
It is for live action videos:

SuperXBR + SuperRes
https://miku.hatsune.my/mizuha/spline3_v...32)_02.png

NNEDI3 + SuperRes:
https://miku.hatsune.my/mizuha/spline3_v...32)_03.png

But for animes and cartoons, nnedi3 is much better:

SuperXBR + SuperRes:
https://miku.hatsune.my/mizuha/spline3_v...32)_05.png

NNEDI3 + SuperRes:
https://miku.hatsune.my/mizuha/spline3_v...32)_06.png

Yes, the difference between the two is the ringing caused by super-xbr. It is known to ring a lot, but I don't notice it with most content. And the ringing seems less obvious when used with SuperRes.

NNEDI3 is the best way to scale an image, but it is very expensive. Any mid-range card should not bother with this setting. That is why super-xbr exists alongside NNEDI3. I like sharp, and both super-xbr and NNEDI3 are quite sharp.

madVR is very impressive when image doubling is combined with sharpening at scaling factors of 2x or larger. The settings below amaze me in the amount of detail they produce:

super-xbr100 or NNEDI3 + SuperRes(3) + crispen edges(1.0)

The presence of sharpening is obvious, but watching 540p -> 1080p, I am impressed how HD the end result appears. Large scaling factors allow many madVR processing features to be used in unison without appearing over-processed.
Hi,

Wondered if someone could help with audio settings?

I'm using a Jarvis Beta 3 DSPlayer build and since switching to a DSPlayer build the speech in films is quiet whilst the sound effects are loud. There seems to be quite a few threads about this over the years, which I have looked at, but given that it would seem it has something to do with DSPlayer or the associated settings I thought those on this thread may be able to help.

So I used the very informative guide by Warner306 to setup DSPlayer and am using ReClock as the audio renderer - but in all honesty I don't understand all these things too well, so am at a loss as to whether the solution to my issue would be solved by modifying settings in ReClock, LAV, FFDShow, Kodi, my TV or something else.

I don't use a receiver, just HDMI straight from video card to TV and therefore using the TV speakers.

Also thought it might be worth mentioning - TV volume for music files or TV Shows (mostly recorded) is 5-8 whilst Blu-ray movies that are backed up using DVDFab and compressed using BDRebuilder need circa 20-25 volume to hear the speech but then the sound effects are too loud.

Apologies if this isn't really the correct thread, but as mentioned, thought those in the know of DSPlayer may be the best to ask.

Many thanks
(2015-12-12, 14:28)Buff Wrote: Hi,

Wondered if someone could help with audio settings?

I'm using a Jarvis Beta 3 DSPlayer build and since switching to a DSPlayer build the speech in films is quiet whilst the sound effects are loud. There seems to be quite a few threads about this over the years, which I have looked at, but given that it would seem it has something to do with DSPlayer or the associated settings I thought those on this thread may be able to help.

So I used the very informative guide by Warner306 to setup DSPlayer and am using ReClock as the audio renderer - but in all honesty I don't understand all these things too well, so am at a loss as to whether the solution to my issue would be solved by modifying settings in ReClock, LAV, FFDShow, Kodi, my TV or something else.

I don't use a receiver, just HDMI straight from video card to TV and therefore using the TV speakers.

Also thought it might be worth mentioning - TV volume for music files or TV Shows (mostly recorded) is 5-8 whilst Blu-ray movies that are backed up using DVDFab and compressed using BDRebuilder need circa 20-25 volume to hear the speech but then the sound effects are too loud.

Apologies if this isn't really the correct thread, but as mentioned, thought those in the know of DSPlayer may be the best to ask.

Many thanks

This has something to do with the way your TV processes and outputs the sound. For a TV, you don't really need ReClock. Instead I would install the sanear audio renderer. Unzip the file to a location of your choice and run the installer. You should then be able to choose sanear as the audio renderer from DSPlayer settings.

Settings for sanear are adjusted during playback by minimizing Kodi and selecting the sanear tray icon. Only two settings are available. Choose "Exclusive mode" and disable bitstreaming. This should improve matters. I think the default DSPlayer audio renderer uses WASAPI shared. Exclusive mode should give you more consistent levels.
That's great, many thanks Warner - improved things already.

Cheers
Kodi Jarvis beta 5 + dsplayer with all update until now (12/17/2015).

link for download:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/7799...11.exe.exe

Warnings:
- This is an unofficial Kodi build not from Team Kodi.
- This build comes with no warranties, explicit or implied, and you use it at your own risk.
- This build was compiled by Wanilton, for use only in Windows OS, and have same functions official Kodi Jarvis build Nightlie + dsplayer support.

git:

https://github.com/mediaBrasil/xbmc/tree...r_dsplayer

PS: I will no update or developer dsplayer, only'll keep the current code by aracnoz update with Jarvis 16.
MediaBrazil forum Website - Youtube Channel
MQ9-1.6.0.29 - 09.15.2023 - Aeon MQ Skin Team
MarcosQui Website Donate and support us.
Hi,

Another issue which seems to be DSPlayer related for me - when I watch programs, that have been recorded off the telly, through Kodi they automatically play the stream with narration. If I go into audio settings there aren't any other streams available, whereas before using DSPlayer there was.

If I play the file in VLC I can choose from two audio streams.

Is there a setting in Kodi or elsewhere that I am missing?

Many thanks
Warner, it seems for SD content and with SuperRes you prefer the crispen algo over sharpen edges. Just wondering if it looks better to you or is it because of a smaller performance hit (or both!) Over at the doom9 forum, the sharpen algo seems to get more love than crispening.

I generally don't want any additional sharpening for HD material but I'm trying to figure out the new algos' usefulness for SD. I'm sitting quite close to the tv set, so any improvements are welcome to make SD content bearable, LOL. Just very limited time for testing and tweaking unfortunately.
(2015-12-13, 22:10)Buff Wrote: Hi,

Another issue which seems to be DSPlayer related for me - when I watch programs, that have been recorded off the telly, through Kodi they automatically play the stream with narration. If I go into audio settings there aren't any other streams available, whereas before using DSPlayer there was.

Many thanks

Are you checking the audio settings menu during playback? There should be a choice of streams from there. I believe you need to check a setting related to this in DSPlayer settings, as well.
(2015-12-14, 02:21)Uoppi Wrote: Warner, it seems for SD content and with SuperRes you prefer the crispen algo over sharpen edges. Just wondering if it looks better to you or is it because of a smaller performance hit (or both!) Over at the doom9 forum, the sharpen algo seems to get more love than crispening.

I generally don't want any additional sharpening for HD material but I'm trying to figure out the new algos' usefulness for SD. I'm sitting quite close to the tv set, so any improvements are welcome to make SD content bearable, LOL. Just very limited time for testing and tweaking unfortunately.

SuperRes is already a form of sharpening, so I use crispen edges because it is more subtle than sharpen edges. SuperRes at level 3 shows some aliasing/softness on edges and crispen edges seem to help with this. It is meant to be subtle.

If you are pressed for performance, SuperRes(3) may be more than enough. To use crispen edges for 540p, 29.97 fps content, I had to reduce chroma upscaling to Catmull-Rom and check the trade for performance checkbox use 16-bits per component rather than 32-bits per component.

I watch the national news each day with these settings, and the level of detail is pretty satisfying. But this taxes my graphics card to the absolute limit.

I use sharpen edges at 0.5 with 1080p content because it looks better than crispen edges when used alone.
(2015-12-10, 10:31)gotham_x Wrote: I have a little problem of recognition sound card Nvidia, in practice, when you turn off your PC and the next day its not restart this would be recognized as default sound system, not connected, to better understand attach screen.

I too have had this problem and I (think) I found a solution. You can create an EDID override for your display so that Windows thinks it is on all the time. I thought this was valuable enough that I wrote a guide about how to do it:

How To - Fix Loss of HDMI Audio After Resume from Sleep
@Warner306, could you please share your final madVR settings by video quality profile?
I would like to try them and compare them to what i use.
Thanks in advance!
@Warner306.

Thanks Warner306, driving very appreciated by me, if there are questions, doubts about you can 'ask the specific topic? in the meantime,save the guide in favorites and himself to their knowledge.
Thanks, a nice Christmas present!
(2015-12-14, 02:45)Warner306 Wrote:
(2015-12-13, 22:10)Buff Wrote: Hi,

Many thanks

Are you checking the audio settings menu during playback? There should be a choice of streams from there. I believe you need to check a setting related to this in DSPlayer settings, as well.

Hi Warner, thanks for your reply,

Yes this is when checking the audio settings during playback. The setting in DSPlayer to show the available audio streams is also enabled.

The strange thing is, it is only an issue with recorded files, not Blu-Rays or DVDs. If I'm keeping a recorded program I will use VideoReDo to remove the ad breaks, which also converts the file from .ts to .m2ts and then when added to the Kodi library the two available streams do show up. They just don't show up when playing straight from the PVR section (using ArgusTV)

Which kind of sounds as if Kodi has an issue reading .ts files or it's something to do with ArgusTV - however, this wasn't an issue in previous builds and only since I changed to a DSPlayer build, hence thought it may be an issue/setting with this.

Ultimately it's not a major problem for us, but if you have any other ideas that would be great
(2015-12-14, 07:16)Warner306 Wrote:
(2015-12-10, 10:31)gotham_x Wrote: I have a little problem of recognition sound card Nvidia, in practice, when you turn off your PC and the next day its not restart this would be recognized as default sound system, not connected, to better understand attach screen.

I too have had this problem and I (think) I found a solution. You can create an EDID override for your display so that Windows thinks it is on all the time. I thought this was valuable enough that I wrote a guide about how to do it:

How To - Fix Loss of HDMI Audio After Resume from Sleep

Nice guide Warner. A quick question. For this to work is it mandatory to disable test mode again or should it work fine without?
Because I have a WHS 2011 and if I disable test mode it messes up my Infrared driver somehow.

PS. I can say also the pin19 trick work, at least for me.
  • 164(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows47