• 114(current)
Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio
(2015-12-14, 21:05)halfelite Wrote: But as has been said if they are using an external solution they dont have to post anything its their code and theirs alone. What part of their code do you think is a GPL violation. The bluray menus and 3d is most likely the same jvm they built for there PC app.
You cannot get HD Audio Passthrough, especially DTS-HD and True HD 7.1 out of XBMC or Kodi on an S905 without modifications to the source code. Even Koying has not figured it all out yet. Once this source code is modified and released as software to the public in a commercial media player it has to be made available as well. I will be very surprised if an external player is used. Just look at CNX-Software - MINIX's U1 review, all the Audio Hooks are in the Kodi code. I've seen them.

VidOn have never done this in the past when requested many many times. They have never done it for the XBMC versions they sold as options to MINIX users, and you can make a sure bet they will not do it again when requested for their new device. They are nothing better than parasitic leaches feeding off others volunteer work. If they want to release their own modified XBMC/Kodi software they must also comply with the GPL2 licence that goes with it.
Its that simple.

(2015-12-14, 21:36)wesk05 Wrote: VidOn only does Top/Bottom 3D on S905. It can't do refresh rate switching and because of that there will be no 23.976 output. It does have passthrough for Dolby TureHD/Atmos and DTS-HD Master Audio and full BD menu.
So if this is true and 3D is only Top/Bottom with VidOn XBMC why are they advertising the Tronsmart S905 as 3D BD MVC + 3D ISO capable, is this a case of more false advertising ?
Surely your joking about no 23.976 ?

(2015-12-14, 21:34)movie78 Wrote: You getting a Minix review unit?

You lucky one.....
PM'd you... if you plan to do a detailed review, most manufacturers are pretty happy to send review samples. Just stay away from ones that outright ask for positive reviews & ask you to litter here, Amazon & other sites with those mostly fake "glowing" comments.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
(2015-12-14, 21:52)hdmkv Wrote:
(2015-12-14, 21:34)movie78 Wrote: You getting a Minix review unit?

You lucky one.....
PM'd you... if plan to do a detailed review, most manufacturers are pretty happy to send review samples. Just stay away from ones that outright ask for positive reviews & ask you to litter here, Amazon & other sites with those "glowing" comments.

Thanks!
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
(2015-12-14, 21:38)wrxtasy Wrote: So if this is true and 3D is only Top/Bottom with VidOn XBMC why are they advertising the Tronsmart S905 as 3D BD MVC + 3D ISO capable, is this a case of more false advertising ?

Well... it does read 3D ISO and outputs 3D MVC as Top/Bottom 3D Wink They are not saying that it does frame packing output. Even on S8XX platform VidOn was either 1) 23.976 and audio issue or 2) 24.000 with proper audio. On S905, it doesn't seem to switch refresh rates. On Minix S905, you get 23.976 output only when the system switches the refresh rate. Manually, you can only set it to 24Hz.
So no 3D MVC support on the S905?
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
(2015-12-14, 23:22)movie78 Wrote: So no 3D MVC support on the S905?
No FHD3D (frame packing) output as of now. I am being told that VidOn is actively working with Amlogic to get it right.
Also, as Koying mentioned, he's planning to release his MVC hack for AML S-boxes by Christmas, so other devs should be able to use it, improve upon it.
My HT
Well, it's already in my master for everyone to see.
Zidoo didn't ask before ripping it and some rpi builds already use it.
(2015-12-15, 02:04)Koying Wrote: Well, it's already in my master for everyone to see.
Zidoo didn't ask before ripping it and some rpi builds already use it.

So can we install the latest nightly build on S905 Amlogic?
Updated post #1 and charts.
My HT
(2015-12-14, 23:32)wesk05 Wrote:
No FHD3D (frame packing) output as of now. I am being told that VidOn is actively working with Amlogic to get it right.

You are confusing decoding with output method. MVC is logically different to frame packing.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2015-12-15, 03:44)nickr Wrote:
(2015-12-14, 23:32)wesk05 Wrote:

You are confusing decoding with output method. MVC is logically different to frame packing.

Now when I look at what movie78 asked, I should have said yes because all Amlogic SoCs support 3D MVC (as per Koying), but I know what movie78 wanted to know is whether the output is frame packing or not.

I would like to know why you say MVC is logically different to frame packing.
(2015-12-14, 23:07)wesk05 Wrote:
(2015-12-14, 21:38)wrxtasy Wrote: So if this is true and 3D is only Top/Bottom with VidOn XBMC why are they advertising the Tronsmart S905 as 3D BD MVC + 3D ISO capable, is this a case of more false advertising ?

Well... it does read 3D ISO and outputs 3D MVC as Top/Bottom 3D Wink They are not saying that it does frame packing output. Even on S8XX platform VidOn was either 1) 23.976 and audio issue or 2) 24.000 with proper audio. On S905, it doesn't seem to switch refresh rates. On Minix S905, you get 23.976 output only when the system switches the refresh rate. Manually, you can only set it to 24Hz.
What you have just told me is in complete contradiction to Tronsmart's Own Home Website. The are actually (deceptively) advertising 3D MKV, 3D BDMV + 3D ISO Playback. There is no mention of the 3D limitations you are telling us. As a normal consumer I would think these Marketing terms would give me Full 3D video output. Thats why I'm calling them out for deceptive advertising.

Does anyone see a pattern repeating here in regards to hyped up 3D playback claims upon sale, first we had:
- Zidoo X9
- Venz V8 4K
- now we have Tronsmart S95

Seems to me they are all advertising with false or deceptive claims when the device is sold, and waiting for Koying to sort out and release the 3D fixed Open Source code on Github, then to only to copy this code and package in their own devices and in the case of Tronsmart / VidOn publish it as their own and violate the GPL2 Licence and Trademarks in the process.

At least MINIX are smart and trustworthy enough to not advertise their new U1 as 3D MVC, 3D ISO and HD Audio passthrough capable, because they knew these features did not work when the box was sold at retail level on release.

I will repeat again Tronsmart / VidOn are not to be trusted. They really are a disgusting combination.

I hope MINIX are reading this because they should consider completely severing all ties with VidOn.
As a Kodi forum sponsor they should take the lead and set an example for others to follow.

(2015-12-15, 04:21)wrxtasy Wrote: What you have just told me is in complete contradiction to Tronsmart's Own Home Website. The are actually (deceptively) advertising 3D MKV, 3D BDMV + 3D ISO Playback. There is no mention of the 3D limitations you are telling us.
At least MINIX are smart and trustworthy enough to not advertise their new U1 as 3D MVC, 3D ISO and HD Audio passthrough capable, because they knew these features did not work when the box was sold at retail level on release.

I hope MINIX are reading this because they should consider completely severing all ties with VidOn.
As a Kodi forum sponsor they should take the lead and set a example for others to follow.
Let me check on the 3D MKV and 3D BDMV. I have only checked 3D ISO.

Minix XBMC does Dolby TrueHD passthrough and will very shortly support DTS-HD Master Audio passthrough also.

The feeling that I got from one of the Minix guys was that they were more comfortable working with Koying than with VidOn. I don't think they are actually directly dealing with VidOn. It is only through Amlogic.
(2015-12-15, 03:58)wesk05 Wrote: I would like to know why you say MVC is logically different to frame packing.

Well, as already said, mvc is an encoding method, frame packing is a rendering method.
AML supports mvc decoding in half top-bottom, so is a middle ground between nothing and mvc+framepacking.
  • 114(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio17