Series recording in Jarvis?
Did a bit of a search, but cant find a definite answer, it looks like MediaPortal backend has the ability to do series recording, will the MP addon support series recording in Jarvis? i'm thinking of migrating from ubuntu (mythtv) to a windows platform (purly so i can also use Play on to stream amazon/netflix)

Media Portal looks a good replacement for MythTV, although the Series recording is a feature i will defently require...
Is anybody running Jarvis betas with MP backend that can report back on how the series recording changes work?

I'm interested in switching, but as my machine is used by the whole family I can't take the risk with beta versions.
Nothing of the Jarvis series recording changes are implemented in the MediaPortal addon. But the addon has always had its own series recording options and they are still working in Jarvis. The only thing it's missing imho is grouping of series schedules.
I must admit I generally don't have to many issues with series recording at the moment. Only issue is if I need to change the post or pre record, I've got to delete the whole timer and add a new one back with the correct settings.

Is their any plans to implement the Jarvis features ?
(2015-12-14, 13:39)pünktchen Wrote: Nothing of the Jarvis series recording changes are implemented in the MediaPortal addon. But the addon has always had its own series recording options and they are still working in Jarvis. The only thing it's missing imho is grouping of series schedules.

There are some other problems too. Most of the time it works, but if you have a series set up to record and you want to disable just one timer of the series, it erases the whole series and leaves the timer you tried to disable set. There are also some issues passing Genre strings thru. Not really a problem if you know about them, but I am hoping to see them corrected.
(2015-12-15, 00:26)fishersman Wrote: There are some other problems too. Most of the time it works, but if you have a series set up to record and you want to disable just one timer of the series, it erases the whole series and leaves the timer you tried to disable set.

Aah, you are right! This one is new.
@ksoooo broke it here: github
and @margro didn't react Sad
And meanwhile I merged what I think should fix it even though @margro did not react. ;-)

Any feedback whether it actually fixed the bug is welcome.
(2015-12-15, 08:54)ksooo Wrote: And meanwhile I merged what I think should fix it even though @margro did not react. ;-)

Unfortunately it's still broken. See @fishersman post.
If you are willing to give it another try just ping me "puenktchen" on github or write a pm to fishersman and me.
Your help would be much appreciated!
(2015-12-15, 08:54)ksooo Wrote: And meanwhile I merged what I think should fix it even though @margro did not react. ;-)

No sorry. It's still doing the same thing. Do I need to reinstall the addon?
As I said I cannot test myself. I don't have media portal.

Are you 100% sure you're using the latest github master version of the add-on? Must be at least version version 1.11.7.
I have version 1.11.9 installed, but I got that with the Jarvis build. PM me the github link as I can't find the master. I am not real familiar with that set up yet.
1.11.9 is latest and greatest, it includes the commit in question. I definitely fixed what @margro pointed me to, which was not exactly the problem you describe, though. I thought there were chances to fix your issue as well, but this was just hope. I'm not even sure any longer that I actually broke it.
(2015-12-15, 16:17)ksooo Wrote: 1.11.9 is latest and greatest, it includes the commit in question. I definitely fixed what @margro pointed me to, which was not exactly the problem you describe, though. I thought there were chances to fix your issue as well, but this was just hope. I'm not even sure any longer that I actually broke it.

Don't know exactly either, but it does work in Isengard. It's not that big a deal really. I just have to remember to delete a timer, not just disable it. The only time you really do that is to skip a known rerun. BTW, I tried Nextpvr this morning again. While it did have the padding indications like you said in the other thread, it doesn't quite have some of the features I like with mediaportal. The main one is that the plot summary of the guide listing shows the original air date and it flows thru everywhere plot is displayed in Kodi. Nextpvr doesn't do that. I used Schedules Direct as the epg source for both. There is an option with schedules direct plugin to mediaportal to add additional info. This must be part of that. Nextpvr doesn't give me that option.
What about mythtv? Very powerful and well maintained Kodi add-on.
(2015-12-15, 16:41)ksooo Wrote: What about mythtv? Very powerful and well maintained Kodi add-on.

Unfortunately, I'm running Windows 10. That's Linux based. I have looked at it. I just need to figure out how to compile it and install it in Windows. From what I read, it' a little daunting.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Series recording in Jarvis?0