• 116(current)
Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio
(2015-12-15, 16:12)movie78 Wrote: So the S905 is not capable of Full Frame packing (2205X1920), wasn't the Minix S812H with VidOn XBMC capable of displaying FULL FramePacking?
Appears not, at least w/Koying's MVC hack. Don't know w/VidOn XBMC, and not sure how we'd verify as pulling up 'codecinfo' may just show '1920x1080', so we may just need to eyeball outputs and compare on a big screen.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
This 3D stuff is getting a little confusing...
All i want is the same output from a Blu-ray Player..
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
I hear ya. Not just a little, but pretty damn confusing Huh... and I've been a full 3D fan for years. Still to learn how it really works it seems, all the permutations of 3D decoding and rendering.

And, yes, I want full 1080p to each eyeball, not half-rez. May get fooled with some well-encoded SBS/TAB, but with most movies, on a 133" screen, I can see the difference with full BD rips.
My HT
Every time i think about getting close about knowing something about 3D,then someone will throw in a monkey wrench,then i am back to square zeroLaugh
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
(2015-12-15, 16:40)hdmkv Wrote: not sure how we'd verify as pulling up 'codecinfo' may just show '1920x1080', so we may just need to eyeball outputs and compare on a big screen.
You can positively identify the 3D output mode by one of the following methods:

1) Mouse cursor shape and size
Frame Packing - Normal size and shape as in 2D
Side by Side - stretched horizontally
Top and Bottom - Vertically elongated

2) Kodi Log
This is what I see on RPi2.
Frame Packing - split_vertical FP
Side by Side - split_vertical SBS
Top and Bottom - split_horizontal TB

3) OSD navigation with mouse
Frame Packing - not possible
SBS, TAB - possible
This is not really consistent and needs further confirmation.

Cursor size and shape on the different 3D output modes on Raspberry Pi2
watch gallery
Okay, thanks, will try when I get my Minix U1.
My HT
(2015-12-15, 10:17)wesk05 Wrote: Minix XBMC 15.3b2 decodes 3D ISO and renders it in some messed up side by side format. 3D MVC MKV is output as top/bottom. VidOn only plays 2D from 3D MVC MKV and 3D BDMV.

I have the Tronsmart Vega and it plays 3D ISO with the pre-installed Vidon XBMC.
Issues :
- Subs are in 2D
- Some glidges during playback (will check my setup and cables again to be sure)

HD Audio works
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER
INTEL DN2820FYKH NUC 2D/3D WINDOWS
ACER HD9500BD / MARANTZ SR7009 ATMOS 7.1.4

@wesk05, thanks. Guess log confirms Pi2 is doing full MVC 3D with "Frame Packing - split_vertical FP". Not that I know what "split vertical" means.
My HT
(2015-12-16, 14:49)hdmkv Wrote: @wesk05, thanks. Guess log confirms Pi2 is doing full MVC 3D with "Frame Packing - split_vertical FP". Not that I know what "split vertical" means.

Yes, split_vertical does sound ambiguous. It means split with a vertical line down centre (i.e. half-SBS).
split_horizontal means half-TAB.

Note, the OSD is always half-SBS or half-TAB on Pi, even in FP mode. The video goes through a different path and will be full resolution when playing MVC in FP mode.
Finless from Freaktab is back in the game with his new Minix U1. He can do wonders with the rom, just ask for what your need. I am sure most of you have seen Finless's work.

http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-supp...zip-method
(2015-12-16, 14:43)opeters Wrote:
(2015-12-15, 10:17)wesk05 Wrote: Minix XBMC 15.3b2 decodes 3D ISO and renders it in some messed up side by side format. 3D MVC MKV is output as top/bottom. VidOn only plays 2D from 3D MVC MKV and 3D BDMV.

I have the Tronsmart Vega and it plays 3D ISO with the pre-installed Vidon XBMC.
Issues :
- Subs are in 2D
- Some glidges during playback (will check my setup and cables again to be sure)

HD Audio works

So if 3D.ISO Framepacking is working with the Tronsmart Vega S905,what is all that jazz @wrxtasy is talking about.

@opeters
Can you do a quick video demo of 3D plackback on the Tronsmart Vega S905?

Thanks!
@hdmkv

Is the latest Kodi for the Pi(2) able to place/display the internal or external srt subs in another (static) 3D plane, using a 3D ISO or 3D MVC MKV ?
The Zidoo X6 can play 3D MVC but i can not display the subs "closer" using the stereoscopic depth settings in Kodi.
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER

Just replied to your PM re: Q5. With Pi2, I can test internal PGS subs for any 3D movies that have forced subs (like 'Avatar'). Subs looked fine to me in previous viewings, but when you say they need to show in the 'static 3D plane', not sure I understand exactly where... floating in between front and rear depth areas, but stationary and not moving front or back?
My HT
(2015-12-16, 16:23)hdmkv Wrote: Just replied to your PM re: Q5. With Pi2, I can test internal PGS subs for any 3D movies that have forced subs (like 'Avatar'). Subs looked fine to me in previous viewings, but when you say they need to show in the 'static 3D plane', not sure I understand exactly where... floating in between front and rear depth areas, but stationary and not moving front or back?

Yes confusing sorry about that. I read that with Kodi on the Pi you can SET the stereoscopic (static/fixed) subtitle depth 0-10 were 0 is in the back and 10 is in front. Don't know if this should work with internal bluray "sup" or only with external .srt. It however does not work with the X6 ATM.
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER

Let me just eyeball it and see if subs look right, and compare RPi2 vs. HiMedia Q5's handling. Will test later today.
My HT
  • 116(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio17