• 13(current)
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 17.0)
...i also noticed, that the info over process baar on other DVD/AusioCDs seemed also to be incorrect on recent build.

And - there is devinitive no DTS Sound to hear- only two chanel.

vacation - i have many time to listen my CD/DVD/HD-contents :-)

Listen now to Mike Oldfields Tubular Bell in DTS 5.1 - only shown is Audio engl.
(on my RPi2 on the LCD TV in livingroom)
(2015-12-15, 16:19)doldi Wrote: thank You popcornmix . in future i "zip" this multiple needed files.

And have you played this antique Musik now in DTS ? ;-)

The problem affected x86 ubuntu too so I sent report to Fernetmena and he's provided a fix.
I can now play music from your mini dvd with low cpu. Should be in tonight's build.
I have possibility of comparison to windows and android-arm - there all files run at the moment on both:

KodiSetup-20151213-19fc4fa-Jarvis
kodi-20151213-19fc4fa-Jarvis-armeabi-v7a

btw - see you any chance in the future to include openelec in rasbian? [tussive irritation] :-) :-)

THX on al for this hard job
@bill_orange, @Trespasser and other Pandora users - can you test if you still have a problem? Apparently the certificate issue may have been due to a Pandora server misconfiguration which has now been resolved.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
(2015-12-15, 15:41)Milhouse Wrote:
(2015-12-15, 07:00)illiac4 Wrote: From build 1214 transparent icons are no longer transparent. You can see that already if you open 'Openelec Dev update' addon.
Build 1213 was ok.
From what i have tested you will have to delete thumbnails directory if you are rolling back to 1213 since it seems that they are permanently broken even if you roll back.

Thanks - it seems to be caching png's as jpg's. I'll drop it if there's no fix for this in time for the next build.

Regarding recovery, the following should work - delete all artwork cached in the previous 1 day:
Code:
find /storage/.kodi/userdata/Thumbnails -type f -mtime -1 -delete
texturecache.py Xd
I am currently having same problems with icon transparency but above command does not resolve problem for me is there another example command to run with your excellent Texturecache.py

I am not too worried about completely cleaning and recaching all my thumbnails and icons, but slighty unsure what I need to include in texturecache.cfg etc

Already attempted with ./texturecache.py C after including following lines in texturecache.cfg

webserver.port = 80
webserver.username = kodi
webserver.password =
download.threads = 2
allow.recacheall = yes

As always I am learning from doing things wrong ConfusedBlush
RPi4, (LibreELEC 11.0) hdmi0 -> Philips 55PUS7304 4K TV, hdmi1 -> Onkyo TX-SR608 AV Receiver
(2015-12-16, 00:58)MikeKL Wrote: I am currently having same problems with icon transparency but above command does not resolve problem for me is there another example command to run with your excellent Texturecache.py

I am not too worried about completely cleaning and recaching all my thumbnails and icons, but slighty unsure what I need to include in texturecache.cfg etc

It's only going to work assuming you run the commands after going back to #1213, or apply the commands after the next build which won't include PR8583 (perhaps I should have made that clear).

(2015-12-16, 00:58)MikeKL Wrote: Already attempted with ./texturecache.py C after including following lines in texturecache.cfg

webserver.port = 80
webserver.username = kodi
webserver.password =
download.threads = 2
allow.recacheall = yes

As always I am learning from doing things wrong ConfusedBlush

Please take the "texturecache.py C" discussion to the texturecache.py thread.

Re-caching png artwork with #1214 is not going to work no matter what you add to the config file - revert back to #1213 or wait for #1215.

We almost had PR8583 working but a last minute snag has meant it will be dropped from the next build.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Pandora / Pandoki behavior has not changed. My login is rejected. My login is accepted if I select the Pandora One server. Since I don't subscribe to Pandora One although I can login nothing will play.

I tested the login at 11:20 GMT 12/15. Could it be that Pandora's SSL cert change will take many hours to propagate?

Bill

(2015-12-15, 20:32)Milhouse Wrote: @bill_orange, @Trespasser and other Pandora users - can you test if you still have a problem? Apparently the certificate issue may have been due to a Pandora server misconfiguration which has now been resolved.
(2015-12-16, 01:37)bill_orange Wrote: Pandora / Pandoki behavior has not changed. My login is rejected. My login is accepted if I select the Pandora One server. Since I don't subscribe to Pandora One although I can login nothing will play.

I tested the login at 11:20 GMT 12/15. Could it be that Pandora's SSL cert change will take many hours to propagate?

Bill

Hope to have a fix in build #1215 (currently uploading)
New OpenELEC K* build #1215: RPi / RPi2
(Supercedes previous build)

Code:
# uname -a
Linux rpi512 4.3.2 #1 Tue Dec 15 23:22:44 GMT 2015 armv6l GNU/Linux

# vcgencmd version
Dec  8 2015 14:44:44
Copyright (c) 2012 Broadcom
version e591b5eb05e2cdb1b5ae25512b27d33127d7bee9 (clean) (release)

# lsb_release
OpenELEC (Milhouse) - Version: devel-20151215232151-#1215-gd358736 [Build #1215]

# vcdbg log msg 2>&1 | grep DTOK
001699.080: Kernel trailer DTOK property says yes

# Kernel device tree status: Enabled

Based on tip of OpenELEC master (d358736f, changelog) and tip of XBMC master (e6144a3b, changelog) with the following modifications: Build Highlights:
  1. Drop FFmpeg image loader PR:8583 - almost there with PNG, but not quite
  2. Updated cacert.pem, hopefully fixes issue with Pandora login (please confirm)
  3. VideoPlayer fix for @doldi's minidvd
Build Details:
  1. OpenELEC:
    • libaacs: add upstream patches (PR:4487, 1 commit, 3 files changed)
    • kodi: update to 16.0-beta5-19fc4fa (PR:4489, 3 commits, 26 files changed)
    • linux: update to linux-4.3.2 (PR:4484, 1 commit, 30 files changed)
    • RPi/RPi2: Upload support patches and options for linux-4.3.2 (PR:4492, 3 commits, 6 files changed)
    • Update Amlogic kernel and WeTek DVB driver (PR:4491, 2 commits, 3 files changed)
    • WeTek Play: Remove patches unnecessary after Kodi update (PR:4490, 1 commit, 2 files changed)
    • libinput: update to 1.1.2 (PR:4496, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • mesa: update to 11.0.7 (PR:4493, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • bcm2835-driver: update to version 6b7cebd (PR:4495, 1 commit, 2 files changed)
    • ffmpeg: enable png encoder (PR:4497, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
  2. XBMC:
    • FFMpeg: Bump to 2.8.4-Jarvis-beta4 (PR:8577, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
    • VideoPlayer fixes (PR:8597, 8 commits, 10 files changed)
    • AE: intermediate fix for sync of passthrough (PR:8599, 1 commit, 1 file changed)
  3. pvr.hts:
    • Settings rework V2 (PR:138, 4 commits, 7 files changed)
  4. newclock5:
    • New commits in this build:
      • VideoPlayer: start players if audio is ready and video is just a still frame (ab0cb4c5)
    • Commits no longer in build:
      • VideoPlayer: fix for speed adjust of real-time streams (8076e8c6)
      • VideoPlayer: simplify pausing of demuxer (c342c088)
      • AE: intermediate fix for sync of passthrough (7dc9de27)
      • VideoPlayer: adapt a/v sync to changing streams (a5110d6e)
      • VideoPlayer: finish old a/v stream before opening a new stream (6688169a)
      • VideoPlayer: drop msg failed to get stream, dvds do not have a video stream in selection streams (2869ccaa)
      • VideoPlayer: fix compare of stream info when playing dvds (aedcd478)
      • squash to simplify demux pause (bf370c28)
  5. Additional commits/pull requests/changes not yet merged upstream:
    • Added: [env] PR:4498: Update cacert.pem and provide a new method of creating it
Yup, that appears to have fixed it. I am not sure if Pandora is fixed but Pandoki is fine. Surprising that Pandoki has to be loaded from a zip and is not in the repository. The audio forum has given Pandora last rites in favor of Pandoki.

(2015-12-16, 01:53)Milhouse Wrote:
(2015-12-16, 01:37)bill_orange Wrote: Pandora / Pandoki behavior has not changed. My login is rejected. My login is accepted if I select the Pandora One server. Since I don't subscribe to Pandora One although I can login nothing will play.

Bill

Hope to have a fix in build #1215 (currently uploading)
Good Morning, here i am, testing build #1215 ;-)

Thank you all for "VideoPlayer fix for @doldi's minidvd"
This DVD is now playing.

...but a little is still wrong with my both rpi2:

1) the info bar dont show the correct info - expiration - time stagnate.

2) no info about Audiotrack.(DTS or DD ), only chanel and language on some other DVDs.
no info about Video (sd or st).

3) if i play an other DVD, they start without sound - switching the AudioTrack my screen is black and CPU-kodi is 205%.
after some time i can stop and return im my rpi to menue.

see http://xbmclogs.com/phhthvbqd
and please, have a look in old build #1001 jarvis - all works fine there.

I think this is a needed fundamental features as regards playing DVD usually, THX
(2015-12-15, 20:32)Milhouse Wrote: @bill_orange, @Trespasser and other Pandora users - can you test if you still have a problem? Apparently the certificate issue may have been due to a Pandora server misconfiguration which has now been resolved.

Bingo! Pandora login was successful with build #1215. Very pleased.

Thanks, Milhouse! Big Grin

You, and your team's (I assume) hard work is appreciated.

Now to see how everything else functions.

Again, thanks.

Best regards,
Bob
hi folks, i manage to get pi to not reboot i used this overclock settings;
arm_freq=900
core_freq=333
sdram_freq=450
over_voltage=2
i don't know why higher setting reboot pi but on kodi 16 works just fine
Hi Doctor,

my settings on kodi 17 with RPi2:
arm_freq=950

core_freq=450
sdram_freq=450
over_voltage=6

passive cooling all components (Headsink)

RPi2 starts - have only probs with DVD ;-)

..the folks here need a log from your machine, i think :-)
(2015-12-16, 22:36)Doktor-X Wrote: hi folks, i manage to get pi to not reboot i used this overclock settings;
arm_freq=900
core_freq=333
sdram_freq=450
over_voltage=2
i don't know why higher setting reboot pi but on kodi 16 works just fine

Reboot is because power supply is dropping voltage under load. You can measure it with a multimeter.
Newer kodi versions tend to mean more optimisations which often means more work in less time therefore more power needed.
  • 13(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenELEC Testbuilds for RaspberryPi (Kodi 17.0)6