• 13(current)
Philips hue integration or add-on
(2015-09-06, 00:18)nickr Wrote: Does this help? http://www.developers.meethue.com/docume...e-concepts

Well I still don't fully understand how the numbers get assigned, but the list of common hue values there is enough information to get me exactly what I wanted... so yes, thank you. Big Grin
I've tried the Michael Carroll fork of this addon as well, and the bridge auto discovery fails with that too. Can someone share how to get it working without a hack?

Thx
I wonder, is this maybe a solution to getting Hue to work with music visualizations?

https://www.reddit.com/r/huelights/comme...ur_screen/

It's HueImmersive, a small program that runs in the background (on Windows, and presumably OSX and Linux too) and syncs the lights up with the screen. Not much in the way of options, but it works - and, since the visualizers are in sync with the music, in theory having the lights in sync with the visualizer makes for a decent option for parties or whatnot. (I've tried it with Milkdrop 2, and it knocks WaveForHue out of the park.)

I don't have any coding skills, unfortunately, but is this something it'd be relatively straightforward to toggle start/stop from within Kodi? eg, hit play > a script triggers "start", hit pause/hit stop/start doing something else that stops the music > a script triggers "stop" and lights go back to normal?
I tried the fork version as well, and for some reason it left my #1 light cycling through colors after I pressed the stop button. Couldn't get control of it until I quit Kodi and disabled the service.
Hi folks,

Here is my setup:
h= hue bulb
s = hue light strip
Code:
-----------------TV---------------
|       h         h         h    |        
s                                s
s                                s
|       h         h         h    |
-----------------------------------

I wanted to make it so that the following would happen when a video is played:
- The front 3 hue lights turn off
- The 2 Light Strips turn on
- The rear left and right hue lights dim to 40 and the rear middle light dims to 100
- When the video is paused or finishes, the front and rear light all go back on to full brightness and the light strips turn off

After downloading the Hue Theatre addon and reading this and a few other blog posts I was able to modify the tools.py to achieve this and wanted to share the modification so that it may help others customize their respective lighting environments. I have added some comments in the code and uploaded it here: http://pastebin.com/RXCRCKw0

Disclaimer: I don't know anything about python so my code may look ugly
Hmm, looks like current nightly for android broke this plugin?
Maybe due to the change in surface rendering?
Lights are detected but don't react in ambilight mode any more Sad
Anybody having this problem or is it just me?
what is the main enhancement of the fork following ?

https://github.com/michaelrcarroll/scrip....ambilight

i tested it on my "developpement" environnement, on a computer screen with the light all over the house and didn't mention something new.

I've just added a new light in my tv group so now i have 2 bloom next to the tv and a lamp on the right on the tv

something like this

....Bloom..TV...Bloom..................................Lamp

The bloom are fine with color, but for the lamp, i dont know how he works to get a color but i found it strange

when the mail color is red on the tv, the bloom are red too, but the lamp remain yellow or blue... and then go orange/red, but with no synchronisation with the bloom

is there an explaination for that ?Huh
Does anyone know how I might get this addon to do the following or if its even possible?

I have 3 lights in my living room. 2 room lights and one bias light behind the TV. Dimming works fine for the 2 living room lights but what I would like to do is the opposite for the 3rd light behind the TV. When a movie starts, I want this bias light to turn ON (not dim with all the others). I don't want this to be an ambilight or change colors or anything. All I want it to do is turn on when a movie starts and turn off when it stops.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
Hi Since I'm new to Philips lights I have 2 questions:

1. As far as I can see in this thread, I would not make sense to use Philips Hue or Philips Living Colors Iris to make ambilight correct?
2. What would make more sense for use with Kodi in general, to buy Philips Hue starter set or 2 x Philips Living Colors Iris?
(2015-12-11, 19:07)Hardax Wrote: Does anyone know how I might get this addon to do the following or if its even possible?

I have 3 lights in my living room. 2 room lights and one bias light behind the TV. Dimming works fine for the 2 living room lights but what I would like to do is the opposite for the 3rd light behind the TV. When a movie starts, I want this bias light to turn ON (not dim with all the others). I don't want this to be an ambilight or change colors or anything. All I want it to do is turn on when a movie starts and turn off when it stops.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
This should be pretty easy to do -- you should be able to modify the script I posted to do this
(2015-12-16, 11:18)Bjur Wrote: Hi Since I'm new to Philips lights I have 2 questions:

1. As far as I can see in this thread, I would not make sense to use Philips Hue or Philips Living Colors Iris to make ambilight correct?
2. What would make more sense for use with Kodi in general, to buy Philips Hue starter set or 2 x Philips Living Colors Iris?

When you say ambient light do you mean just colored mood lighting in your room or are you wanting to have kodi inspect the colors on the screen and change the color of the lights to match those colors?

For the latter you can use the addon linked in post 1 with any hue or friends of hue bulbs

My understanding is that Living colors Iris does can only be controlled by the remote shipped with the device so there is no way at all to integrate that with Kodi

if you are looking to project light from below like what Iris does then you could use the Hue blooms: http://www2.meethue.com/en-us/productdet...-hue-bloom
Thanks for your quick reply dw2014. I would like to use it like Philips Ambilight TV where it changes color from what is on the screen.
But I have read a thread stated there was too much delay when using Hue and Kodi.
I was hoping the Living Color Iris could be used like the hue system also.
(2015-12-16, 12:53)Bjur Wrote: Thanks for your quick reply dw2014. I would like to use it like Philips Ambilight TV where it changes color from what is on the screen.
But I have read a thread stated there was too much delay when using Hue and Kodi.

Bjur. I believe you can control the Iris just like any other Hue light:

http://www.simply-leds.com.au/blog-conne...lours-iris

As far as using anything Hue based as a real Ambilight, For movies or fast beat music I find the delay just to much. Its not immersive at all in my opinion.
(2015-12-16, 17:15)Hardax Wrote:
(2015-12-16, 12:53)Bjur Wrote: Thanks for your quick reply dw2014. I would like to use it like Philips Ambilight TV where it changes color from what is on the screen.

Bjur. I believe you can control the Iris just like any other Hue light:

http://www.simply-leds.com.au/blog-conne...lours-iris

As far as using anything Hue based as a real Ambilight, For movies or fast beat music I find the delay just to much. Its not immersive at all in my opinion.

You have to be careful because only some specific models of the Living Color Iris support connecting with the Hue Bridge
Hi there,

I'm using Openelec 6 on a Nuc Mini PC.
I've installed script.module.requests and script.xbmc.hue.ambilight from this source: https://github.com/cees-elzinga/script.x....ambilight

Now when I'm trying to connect the Addon with the Hue Bridge by clicking "Click me for automatic configuration" I get an Error.
Here you can see kodi.log.

Code:
15:58:12 T:139837191436160 WARNING: RunScript called for a non-script addon 'script.xbmc.hue.ambilight'. This behaviour is deprecated.
15:58:12 T:139835830413056  NOTICE: Thread LanguageInvoker start, auto delete: false
15:58:12 T:139835830413056  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
15:58:13 T:139835830413056  NOTICE: XBMC Hue service started, version: 0.6.2
15:58:23 T:139835830413056   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <class 'socket.timeout'>
                                            Error Contents: timed out
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/script.xbmc.hue.ambilight-master/default.py", line 462, in <module>
                                                hue = Hue(settings, args)
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/script.xbmc.hue.ambilight-master/default.py", line 103, in __init__
                                                hue_ip = start_autodisover()
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/script.xbmc.hue.ambilight-master/resources/lib/tools.py", line 55, in start_autodisover
                                                recv_data, addr = client_socket.recvfrom(2048)
                                            timeout: timed out
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--

Any Ideas?
  • 13(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Philips hue integration or add-on0