• 118(current)
Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio
if the s802 minix is in the charts on the first page i think all s8xx series set top boxes should be included in the chart because they all can do 3D with vidon's xbmc, i have a cheap chineese ENY M8 here that is verified 3D iso playback capable with vidon XBMC.
Main System - HTPC - Intel I3 6300 - Asrock z170 - 16 GB DDR4 - 128gb SSD - 65" UHD HDR Sony Android TV - Pioneer VSX 1130-K - 7.2.2 speakers
Other devices currently in use - 55" 3D UHD LG TV - 2 Fire TV's - Nexus Player - MiniMX s905 - Voyo Vmac Mini
Ubuntu Server - 12 TB NAS - MYSQL - Torrent Box
Maybe I'll do a generic Sxxx column w/VidOn, but will mark VidOn itself as non-compliant w/GPL just so potential buyers are aware.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
(2015-12-16, 15:27)popcornmix Wrote: Note, the OSD is always half-SBS or half-TAB on Pi, even in FP mode. The video goes through a different path and will be full resolution when playing MVC in FP mode.
Where does the mouse cursor layer fit in? The size and shape of the cursor appear to be normal on frame packing output mode.
(2015-12-16, 18:18)opeters Wrote: The Tronsmart plays 1080P 3D (1080P/24) and my Sony TV detects 3D. Only 3D ISO no MVC 3D, was mistaken with the X6.

Yes, it will play 3D from 3D ISO, but do you know whether it is full HD 3D (frame packing). You are not going to get this information from your Sony TV. You could look at the cursor size and possibly identify the mode.

What is the version of VidOn that you have on your Tronsmart? When was it compiled?
(2015-12-16, 18:53)movie78 Wrote: Koying said Vidon are using their own BD licences to make 3D/BJ work...
BD licencse? I don't think they have any, not even their parent company. That is why AACS LA and MPAA went after them.
True that, and they had to relo their website to a .cn (China) domain.
My HT
VidOn, DVDFab and now Tronsmart really are a pretty dodgy combination.

And yes halflite, I will continue to champion Kodi's Open Source GPL right's in the face of whatever abuse comes my way from fellow users that only care about the end product.

If there is collateral damage to Newbie users getting upset, by promoting the Tronsmart products in question here on the Kodi forum. Then the mods and the XBMC / Kodi foundation are finally going to have to deal with VidOn once and for all.

(2015-12-16, 20:29)wesk05 Wrote:
(2015-12-16, 18:18)opeters Wrote: The Tronsmart plays 1080P 3D (1080P/24) and my Sony TV detects 3D. Only 3D ISO no MVC 3D, was mistaken with the X6.

Yes, it will play 3D from 3D ISO, but do you know whether it is full HD 3D (frame packing). You are not going to get this information from your Sony TV. You could look at the cursor size and possibly identify the mode.

What is the version of VidOn that you have on your Tronsmart? When was it compiled?

Build 14.2.6 Nov 26 2015 10:34:54
Blurylib 1.0.3.0
DVDLib 1.0.0.7
VDMPlayer 2.0.1.5-2015.7.6-fcabe0e

Doesn't the TV only auto switch if resolution is correct like 1920 x 2205 ?!
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER
INTEL DN2820FYKH NUC 2D/3D WINDOWS
ACER HD9500BD / MARANTZ SR7009 ATMOS 7.1.4

(2015-12-16, 20:46)wesk05 Wrote:
(2015-12-16, 18:53)movie78 Wrote: Koying said Vidon are using their own BD licences to make 3D/BJ work...
BD licencse? I don't think they have any, not even their parent company. That is why AACS LA and MPAA went after them.

I wasn't speaking about an hypothetical BD license, I was speaking about the GPL status of whatever library they use to read 3D-ISO BD.
Funny how fast the meaning of words get distorted in a dozen posts...
(2015-12-16, 20:52)hdmkv Wrote: True that, and they had to relo their website to a .cn (China) domain.

Strange world we live in. Aren't we actual glad that we can rip our bluray disks...
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER
INTEL DN2820FYKH NUC 2D/3D WINDOWS
ACER HD9500BD / MARANTZ SR7009 ATMOS 7.1.4

Absolutely, but wrxtasy has a point about VidOn as they've registered/posted on Kodi forum w/several fake names (made to appear like actual end users) to say nice things about VidOn, and they're using the XBMC/Kodi brandnames and software to sell "VidOn XBMC" and "VidOn Kodi" w/just the 3D, HD audio coding and other mods being their own. This violates terms of the GPL open-source licensing on which Kodi is based.
My HT
@wrxtasy

Every point that you make is VALID....

What do you suggest we should do?
In this thread we are looking for the ultimate 3D playback device and so each device release has it limitation,so most of us have 2 or 3 device.
Once 3D well supported Kodi, i don't you will here one of US talk about these half baked Chinese hardware and their Violation.
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
Just need nVidia to add MVC 3D to Shield and it'd squash all other boxes out there. Only if.
My HT
(2015-12-16, 23:32)hdmkv Wrote: Just need nVidia to add MVC 3D to Shield and it'd squash all other boxes out there. Only if.

Tell me about it?

@hdmkv
Is been more than a year we have fight these battle,time for a resolutionBig Grin
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
3D gets repeatedly requested here, but nVidia has been mum, not just on this lately, but whatever the next update(s) will bring.
My HT
  • 118(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio17