• 167(current)
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows
(2015-12-17, 22:41)Warner306 Wrote:
(2015-12-17, 17:11)gotham_x Wrote: Thanks from me for continuous updates Kodi DSPlayer.

@ Warner306
Only thing out of tune in 'to apply the procedure of the guide; Windows - How To - Fix Loss of HDMI Audio After Resume from Sleep Using EDID Override.

Windows 10 Pro N, following the procedure, not to be in Test mode, however, it seems as screenshots have added the driver, I just have to check if the driver EDID Override is permanent as Default audio device.

Image[

I take it everything went OK? You have been able to exit Test Mode? That picture looks like everything is set correctly. Even if you disconnect the display, the EDID override will be reloaded when the display is reconnected. It is permanent unless you select "Roll Back Driver" or "Uninstall."

This method is still working for me. I am trying some custom resolutions, however, and it won't work unless I create a new EDID override. I am bitstreaming, so I haven't tried PCM output. I wanted to use custom resolutions to eliminate frame drops when bitstreaming. I will find out if it is possible to use custom resolutions with this type of EDID override.

Hi.

Regarding the icons on the desktop crazy I think I have solved the problem.

As for test mode, following the step by step procedure, I have not been able to exit the test successfully, error output from the command prompt, written watermark never appeared!

Instead, I found a problem with the frequencies displayTV after installation EDID Override, frequency output always at 50 / 60Hz on all reproduced contents to 1080p / 720p etc ...
fix for the problem, and 'had to uninstall drivers in both monitors.
Kodi DSPlayer Jarvis Beta crashes instantly for me, both on my desktop as well as on my HTPC, both running Windows 10.
I just get the splash screen and then "Windows is searching for a solution"

Anyone have the same behavior and maybe a solution?

EDIT: Hmm, nevermind, after deleting Kodi completely it starts up... probably some incompatible plugin or such.
EDIT2: Nope, I spoke too soon, seems like my MySQL database on NAS is crashing Jarvis when I add advancedsettings.xml to userdata folder.
EDIT3: OK, so I had to drop my Jarvis database from phpMyAdmin, then Kodi could make a new one, now it works. Yay!
(2015-12-18, 12:03)SALAMINOMACHOS Wrote: Try Settings/Video/File Lists/Default Select Action/Show Information (checked)
Probably it helps

i think this post was related to mine?

Tried it, but it didnt help - any other hints?

Kind regards
What is the issue with skins like XBMCMania and currently Madnox that have intro movies at Kodi startup that don't play?
It's a shame that on DSPlayer you only get a black screen instead while the intro should show. :/
Cinder, active development is interrupted. DSPlayer was mantained out of the efforts of a single developer, aracnoz, who decided to stop about a month ago or so. Functionalities such as those you are describing might not work and might not work in the future as well. If you care about video quality, as primary objective, change skin. Otherwise stick to standard Kodi (which produces more than acceptable quality, let's be clear).
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
(2015-12-19, 11:31)Cinder Wrote: What is the issue with skins like XBMCMania and currently Madnox that have intro movies at Kodi startup that don't play?
It's a shame that on DSPlayer you only get a black screen instead while the intro should show. :/

Madnox with the intro you can always disable, startup Madnox skin. shows no more black screen, but logo Madnox as Intro, so I'm arranging for the moment.
(2015-12-19, 15:48)gotham_x Wrote:
(2015-12-19, 11:31)Cinder Wrote: What is the issue with skins like XBMCMania and currently Madnox that have intro movies at Kodi startup that don't play?

Madnox with the intro you can always disable, startup Madnox skin. shows no more black screen, but logo Madnox as Intro, so I'm arranging for the moment.

Thanks for the tip, that works well to at least know that something is happening and not just a black screen freeze.
(2015-12-18, 13:14)gotham_x Wrote:
(2015-12-17, 22:41)Warner306 Wrote:
(2015-12-17, 17:11)gotham_x Wrote: Thanks from me for continuous updates Kodi DSPlayer.

@ Warner306
Only thing out of tune in 'to apply the procedure of the guide; Windows - How To - Fix Loss of HDMI Audio After Resume from Sleep Using EDID Override.

Windows 10 Pro N, following the procedure, not to be in Test mode, however, it seems as screenshots have added the driver, I just have to check if the driver EDID Override is permanent as Default audio device.

Image[

I take it everything went OK? You have been able to exit Test Mode? That picture looks like everything is set correctly. Even if you disconnect the display, the EDID override will be reloaded when the display is reconnected. It is permanent unless you select "Roll Back Driver" or "Uninstall."

This method is still working for me. I am trying some custom resolutions, however, and it won't work unless I create a new EDID override. I am bitstreaming, so I haven't tried PCM output. I wanted to use custom resolutions to eliminate frame drops when bitstreaming. I will find out if it is possible to use custom resolutions with this type of EDID override.

Hi.

Regarding the icons on the desktop crazy I think I have solved the problem.

As for test mode, following the step by step procedure, I have not been able to exit the test successfully, error output from the command prompt, written watermark never appeared!

Instead, I found a problem with the frequencies displayTV after installation EDID Override, frequency output always at 50 / 60Hz on all reproduced contents to 1080p / 720p etc ...
fix for the problem, and 'had to uninstall drivers in both monitors.

Recently, I have run through the process of creating an EDID override again. I think you have to run MonInfo as an administrator to get a complete EDID. Try opening MonInfo the normal way. Then try opening MonInfo using Run as Administrator. Your EDID should say Real-time in the top-left corner if it is correct. Not having all of the available display modes means your EDID is incomplete.

The only other explanation is your use of dual-monitors. The use of an EDID may not be compatible with a dual-monitor set-up.

The PIN 19 trick is still available, if you would like to try that.
aracnoz, we miss you. It's sad to see you abandoning completely the forums. Even if you don't develop DSPlayer anymore, don't be a stranger. Smile
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
(2015-12-18, 12:02)mylle Wrote:
(2015-12-17, 14:05)Wanilton Wrote: Kodi Jarvis beta 5 + dsplayer with all update until now (12/17/2015).

link for download:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/7799...11.exe.exe

Warnings:
- This is an unofficial Kodi build not from Team Kodi.
- This build comes with no warranties, explicit or implied, and you use it at your own risk.
- This build was compiled by Wanilton, for use only in Windows OS, and have same functions official Kodi Jarvis build Nightlie + dsplayer support.

git:

https://github.com/mediaBrasil/xbmc/tree...r_dsplayer

PS: I will no update or developer dsplayer, only'll keep the current code by aracnoz update with Jarvis 16.

@axlt2002, done fixed.

Thanks! Are the mediaportal specific enhancements in the build or are those fixes only in the older builds from Roma?

/Jacob

Anyone?
(2015-12-20, 13:18)mylle Wrote:
(2015-12-18, 12:02)mylle Wrote:
(2015-12-17, 14:05)Wanilton Wrote: Kodi Jarvis beta 5 + dsplayer with all update until now (12/17/2015).

link for download:

Warnings:
- This build comes with no warranties, explicit or implied, and you use it at your own risk.
- This build was compiled by Wanilton, for use only in Windows OS, and have same functions official Kodi Jarvis build Nightlie + dsplayer support.

git:

PS: I will no update or developer dsplayer, only'll keep the current code by aracnoz update with Jarvis 16.

@axlt2002, done fixed.

Thanks! Are the mediaportal specific enhancements in the build or are those fixes only in the older builds from Roma?

/Jacob

Anyone?

On the first page it says that they were already merged by aracnoz, so they should be in this build too.
Kodi Jarvis beta 5 + dsplayer with all update until now (12/21/2015).

link for download:

Warnings:

git:

MediaBrazil forum Website - Youtube Channel
MQ9-1.6.0.29 - 09.15.2023 - Aeon MQ Skin Team
MarcosQui Website Donate and support us.
@Wanilton - Thanks again for another update!!!
Kodi Jarvis beta 5 + dsplayer with all update until now (12/22/2015).

link for download:

Warnings:

git:

MediaBrazil forum Website - Youtube Channel
MQ9-1.6.0.29 - 09.15.2023 - Aeon MQ Skin Team
MarcosQui Website Donate and support us.
@gotham_x

Did you try to use an EDID with your display(s) again? I am wondering if the EDID did anything unusual? I have been told an EDID override cannot break anything, but I had to go through this process twice because my Onkyo 509 died. I am certain it is just an HDMI board, which is common with Onkyo. But you hadn't replied, so I wondered if there was a hidden time bomb in MonInfo? Maybe I timed the receiver to self-destruct.

I am a student with things in boxes, so the dead receiver gave me the chance to unbox my Onkyo 806. I was surprised at how much better the surround DSPs are in the 806 versus the 509. Oh, well...nothing lasts forever these days.

Merry Xmas to All!
  • 167(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi DSPlayer – DirectShow Player for Windows47