• 120(current)
Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio
(2015-12-18, 17:30)pr0xZen Wrote: I don't want to step on any toes here - but haven't this O-T discussion gone on long enough, within the confines of this particular thread? Finding actual thread-relevant updates has almost evolved to a needle-in-a-haystack affair the last 10-15 pages. I really do understand the grievance and frustration and fully support it, but at the current "level" it doesn't really belong here in this thread.
Thank you... and, wrxtasy himself agreed GPL discussion goes in his dedicated thread here.

Left to do on my plate for 3D for now:
- Test Zidoo X6 w/firmware v1.0.25 to see to what extent audio synch, audio pops/crackles & macroblocking issues have been addressed
- Test HiMedia Q5 for 3D subtitles and verify if they're displayed in proper 3D plane

Other than above, post #1 and charts are up-to-date I believe, so users can skip though the last 10-15 pages if they wish. Main reason I try to keep first post updated anyway so users don't have to hunt for that needle Smile.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
(2015-12-18, 17:42)hdmkv Wrote: Thank you... and, wrxtasy himself agreed GPL discussion goes in his dedicated thread here.
(2015-12-18, 17:42)hdmkv Wrote: [...] post #1 and charts are up-to-date I believe, so users can skip though the last 10-15 pages if they wish. Main reason I try to keep first post updated anyway so users don't have to hunt for that needle Smile.
Indeed he did. But I strongly believe that keeping that discussion in that relevant thread is the way to go - cut/paste of posts quickly leads to incoherent concistency in both threads.

I really appreciate your effort in keeping post #1 updated, it does make a world of difference for users, in such a comprehensive thread as this.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge - please click the plus to the left below to give thanks
my dream would be that Minix made a highend box for like 200usd that could do 4k 60hz smoothplayback along with 3d framepacked hd audio ect
and i dont care about low power usage
(2015-12-09, 21:48)hdmkv Wrote: Ugh! Thankfully, only lost 2 hours of my life on this, and hopefully saved aggravation to anyone intending to blind-buy this box for 3D and HD audio.

Sorry, bit late to the party. I am completely shocked. This sort of promoting stuff, it does not even try doing - is a new alltime low. I am used to boxes manufacurers proclaiming boxes can do this or that and then being buggy as hell. But stating 3D and HD audio and not even trying to have it run, is incredible.

Ihad been told about this box from the guy who used to be very involved with Mede8er, he was lettimg me know about this magical new box. What a fraud it is.

What is the point? Taking the money and hoping people cannot return the boxes?

Disgusting.
(2015-12-19, 12:34)3dgeek Wrote:
(2015-12-09, 21:48)hdmkv Wrote: Ugh! Thankfully, only lost 2 hours of my life on this, and hopefully saved aggravation to anyone intending to blind-buy this box for 3D and HD audio.

Sorry, bit late to the party. I am completely shocked. This sort of promoting stuff, it does not even try doing - is a new alltime low. I am used to boxes manufacurers proclaiming boxes can do this or that and then being buggy as hell. But stating 3D and HD audio and not even trying to have it run, is incredible.

Ihad been told about this box from the guy who used to be very involved with Mede8er, he was lettimg me know about this magical new box. What a fraud it is.

What is the point? Taking the money and hoping people cannot return the boxes?

Disgusting.

i chalk it up as misinformation on their part.. they probably dont know any better, dont speak english and alot gets lost in translation, the s812-h chip that box uses supports 3D MVC and HD audio.. the software its running doesnt.. but with that said, its totally possible to have that hardware play 3D and HD audio.. we just need the company or the engineers or the devs to implement it.. which obviously isnt THAT easy or we would see 3D support across the board already.

its pretty standard to list "Hardware Specs" and not "Software Specs" of devices and hardware..

its false advertising in a way, ya and its a bummer for sure.

using a PI2 over here still.. hard to beat it currently, just wish it was a bit faster, we need a PI3 with a ~2ghz quad core and 2gb of ram.
Main System - HTPC - Intel I3 6300 - Asrock z170 - 16 GB DDR4 - 128gb SSD - 65" UHD HDR Sony Android TV - Pioneer VSX 1130-K - 7.2.2 speakers
Other devices currently in use - 55" 3D UHD LG TV - 2 Fire TV's - Nexus Player - MiniMX s905 - Voyo Vmac Mini
Ubuntu Server - 12 TB NAS - MYSQL - Torrent Box
(2015-12-19, 15:05)dukester Wrote: its pretty standard to list "Hardware Specs" and not "Software Specs" of devices and hardware..

its false advertising in a way, ya and its a bummer for sure.
Uh... If you're selling a PC you might list hardware specs, not software specs, and people understand they're seeing HW specs, like 16GB of RAM, x processor, etc. These companies are selling an appliance, along the lines of a Blu-ray player or smart TV. In such cases the manufacturers advertise what the customer can actually do with it as it comes out of the box, not what the underlying hardware is capable of. It's plainly false advertising.
They do speak English... operated out of EU w/production in China. Some of these manufacturers don't seem to understand what MVC 3D means nor HD audio.
My HT
I watch 3D bluray ISO on PC with PowerDVD, the subtitle is also in 3D, it's pop out of the screen. But in Kodi, it doesn't have the 3D effect like that.
How can I enable this feature or Kodi does not support it?
(2015-12-19, 15:05)dukester Wrote: we need a PI3 with a ~2ghz quad core and 2gb of ram.

All I want for X-mas......

Or a GPU that will do what a cheap as heck Pi can.
@ hdmkv

Could you please add a column about correct PGS subtitle displayment when playing 3D Bluray ISO’s.
Not displaying them in the correct 3D plane ruins the 3d viewing experience.

I am Dutch and my family member’s needs subtitles. The foreign movies are not foreseen with a Dutch voice over like they do (and ruin the movies) in other countries like France, Spain, Germany, China, Russia etc.
Maybe that’s why this issue is still not addressed. It also seems that the chip makers like Sigma, Realtek, are not willing to change the SDK that is needed for this function. Maybe the Chinese are too lazy, incompetent or uninterested to implement this and rather wait for someone to do so and then copy the code Tongue.

Anyway I can’t blame the vendors selling the boxes they seem to need a SDK to be able to implement this. Unfortunately they don’t tell us either if this problem exists.

All latest Android media players I know of and tested do not display the subtitles correctly, unfortunately also the Himedia Q5 can be added on the list.

Working:
Mede8er x3d / 3D Bluray ISO (unfortunately network interface to slow to stream.)
Vidon Box Allwinner / 3D Bluray ISO

Not working as of 20-12-2105:
Himedia Q5
Himedia Q10
Mede8er x3d / 3D MVC MKV (No implementation for internal or external subs to bring them closer)
Tronsmart Vega / 3D Bluray ISO
Zidoo X6 Pro / 3D Bluray ISO / 3D MVC MKV (does not seem to work with KODI Stereoscopic depth)
A400 / 3D Bluray ISO
VTEN / 3D Bluray ISO
Zappitti 4K / 3D Bluray ISO
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER
INTEL DN2820FYKH NUC 2D/3D WINDOWS
ACER HD9500BD / MARANTZ SR7009 ATMOS 7.1.4

(2015-12-20, 13:50)opeters Wrote: @ hdmkv

Could you please add a column about correct PGS subtitle displayment when playing 3D Bluray ISO’s.
Not displaying them in the correct 3D plane ruins the 3d viewing experience.
I can certainly add a new row for 3D subs, but I'm not seeing any issue at my end. Last night, I watched 'Wolf Totem (2015)' 3D ISO and subs displayed fine via HiMedia Q5. Don't know which 3D plane it's supposed to be in, but I could read the subs and follow along... the whole movie is in Chinese and I watched w/English subs throughout.

Also, the more I use HiMedia Q5 and RPi2, I mostly prefer Q5... mainly because it plays 3D ISO's flawlessly. With Pi2, I get jumpy playback with certain ISO's... a 3D ISO rip of 'San Andreas', which I also watched this weekend. Started playback on Pi2 and ended up switching over to Q5 after 10 mins. MVC MKV's however play well on Pi2. To me, Pi2 just doesn't have the horsepower to play ISO's as well as Q5; it seems to do noticeably better with MVC MKV's.

Finally... nVidia Shield TV now does HD audio passthrough/bitstreaming mostly perfectly... man, I wish this thing did full MVC 3D... I get rid of every other Kodi box I have!
My HT
I saw yesterday this device http://www.geekbuying.com/item/GeekBox-O...GwodPbMD9A

Any information about it ?
Pls update Zidoo X6 pro to 1.0.26 fw and update review again. Link here: http://forum.zidoo.tv/index.php?threads/...lease.771/
Zidoo X6 pro 1.0.26 fw is looking good.
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
(2015-12-21, 02:01)hdmkv Wrote: I can certainly add a new row for 3D subs, but I'm not seeing any issue at my end. Last night, I watched 'Wolf Totem (2015)' 3D ISO and subs displayed fine via HiMedia Q5. Don't know which 3D plane it's supposed to be in, but I could read the subs and follow along... the whole movie is in Chinese and I watched w/English subs throughout.

That's partly good news. You WILL notice it when it is displayed as 2D, but to be sure, If you still have your Vidon Box please try to play it on that box?
The Q5 I tested did come with the latest FW version 3.0.2 so maybe a firmware thing? What FW are you using?
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER
INTEL DN2820FYKH NUC 2D/3D WINDOWS
ACER HD9500BD / MARANTZ SR7009 ATMOS 7.1.4

• 120(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Media Player Options with 3D MVC & HD Audio17