• 8(current)
Release [Mod] Panel-Style Home Screen Widgets - Nox 5
(2015-12-17, 17:52)sumo13 Wrote: Hi Warner306

Thank you for your awesome work with this mod...I love it.

I was using an old build of the Silvo skin, and simply copied your IncludesHomeRecentlyAdded.xml and custom_1124_WidgetCustomizer.xml (i ignored the changes to variables.xml)...this worked great for me - i didn't use any of the new widget types, but i loved how i could select an item from my existing "recently added movie" widget and it would then display the plot info above it on the homescreen.

I then updated to the latest Silvo skin (from the Isengard branch), re-copied your files...but now the plot info wasn't showing for me. I noticed Mike doesn't have a custom_1124_WidgetCustomizer.xml anymore, so i just diffed your IncludesHomeRecentlyAdded.xml with his....there were too many changes for me to understand Sad Would really appreciate if you could help me work out what the minimum changes i would need to add to get this working again, or point me at the section of xml which i should be looking. Just to clarify, i don't need all the extra widgets (or extendinfo screens when clicking on those widgets)....i would just like the movie icon and plot info to display at the top of the homescreen above the selected item (please let me know if you'd like a screenshot to better explain what i'm babbling on aboutSmile

Thanks again for your big contribution to the kodi scene.

This isn't meant to be used with the Silvo mod. Due to changes made by Mike, it might not be possible to use this mod with his skin.

I would recommend using the Jarvis branch branch of Mike's skin when it is bug-free. Mr. V's widgets are superior to what is offered here. He needs to add an info panel on focus, but I'm sure that will come soon. There, you get total customization and more widget choices.

P.S. Check out the mr.v_widgets_v2 branch, as well. That branch is compatible with Isengard and already features an info panel.
Warner:

You used to share version 5.9.5 if I remember correctly but can no longer find your post where the entire skin was loaded. Can you post the link on this topic?

Thanks
(2015-12-22, 03:26)Edworld Wrote: Warner:

You used to share version 5.9.5 if I remember correctly but can no longer find your post where the entire skin was loaded. Can you post the link on this topic?

Thanks

I am not involved in creating skin mods anymore. The primary reason is I am using Mike Silvo's mod, so I don't see much of Aeon Nox 5 anymore.

I try to contribute by writing and maintaining set-up guides, of which I've written five.
I maintain both Jarvis 16.1 and Krypton 17.1 versions of a build which uses the Aeon Nox 5: Silvo mod because some of my Android boxes are still at the KitKat level and can't be upgraded further.

One of my customizations to the build is adding a Weather Forecast widget to one of the category screens. It looks like since around mid-April creating widgets no longer works for the Jarvis build. Everything works as it should for the Krypton version. I don't see anything set in the Skin settings that would prevent widgets from being created. Anybody have any ideas about what might be going on with that?

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

caduceus26
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Mod] Panel-Style Home Screen Widgets - Nox 53