• 42(current)
KOver : Customizable [Kodi 16]
That would suggest you're using the auto-build feature and it's behaving as designed - automatically building viewtypes for library views using either horizontal or vertical configuration.

This skin is different and unique but not weird, as the skin title indicates it's fully customisable and you can turn on/off multiple variables that make up different viewtypes to suit your needs. It does take patience to understand the concept and to learn from playing around and that is why Jay included the auto build feature so you can set it and forget.

Once you get the hang of it, it becomes a more rewarding experience.
Great, now is this skin official in the Kodi repo online.

One question, which numbers you have choose for the normal Viewtypes.
(2015-12-20, 06:55)Deihmos Wrote: Every time I change from horizontal to vertical it does a build that takes a few minutes. Is this normal? This is a weird skin.

Yes, it's a normal behavior. You're probably using the autobuild feature (like Kokonutcreme said) to switch from horizontal to vertical and that means KOver is writing thousands of settings to build all viewtypes for the corresponding orientations. Where other skins use multiple files with different settings (wich is pretty fast to load), KOver uses only 1 file that builds itslef depending the given settings. So it writes values for sections : Home to Weather, Viewtypes 1 to 9, Positions, sizes, content, etc. The autobuild is not intended to be used twice a day Wink If you're going to switch often from horizontal to vertical, I suggest having a look at the Designer Feature and make your own settings combining horizontal and vertical viewtypes. This way, it will switch in an instant Wink

https://github.com/Jayz2K/skin.KOver#kover-designer

(2015-12-20, 10:46)iRubin Wrote: Great, now is this skin official in the Kodi repo online.

One question, which numbers you have choose for the normal Viewtypes.

I'm not sure about what you call 'normal viewtypes' ? There's only 2 dynamic viewtypes in KOver : 1 for Home and 1 for Libraries. For libraries, they are dynamically given from 50 to 58 respectively for View1 to View9 ... For Home, It's a bit more complex, they are given starting with 80, following by the item number (that mean for item 3 => 803). Hope that helps Wink
[Skin] KOver - V1.1.0 Stable (Repo version)
[WIP] ReKOver - Skinning tool project

If I've been helpful or you like my work, hit "THANK USER" button ;) ...
Okay that helps!

Thanks...
(2015-12-18, 22:19)Shogun Wrote: I love this skin. So many possibilites...thank you Jayz2K!
Only drawback is the very basic music viz, but it was possible to modify it to my taste.

Still trying to fiddle with custom lists...

maybe you would like to share your Modification?
Hi Jayz2k

first of all congrats that you made it to the official repo! Now there are going to be a lot of people trying out your skin, especially when Jarvis itself becomes final.

There is just two things I am still struggeling with:
1. Logos and cleararts. Currently it seems there still is no way of having them in their designated positions. I mean logos are supposed to substitute the movie title (e.g. on movie infos) and the artist name (e.g. on music info). And cleararts are supposed to show up on video screen when pressing pause or info. Custom Lists do not seem to offer a solution to that (having to admit that I still have not actually found out about creating them at all).

2. Main menu is very small and just consisting of icons making navigation and orientation hard and confusing. I know we discussed it before and you already said that you may think about a solution to that. However, I just want to meantion it again because it was the first criticism passed on the skin by almost eveybody I showed it to on my systems. And currently it still is the biggest issue for the WAF in my household :-)

Besides that I would say take a rest from your hard work and enjoy the holidays. You have created one of the most advanced skins currently available for Kodi.

FantasticN
My home screen is not working correctly

Any ideas? I've already tried deleting the settings.xml.
Leopold's Repository: Home of LibreELEC Dev Updater ...
(2015-12-23, 00:18)Leopold Wrote: My home screen is not working correctly

Hmm, looks like something wrong with script.skinshortcuts but not sure. Are you able to upload your KODI Log somewhere so I can check.

Also, have you previously (for another skin for example), installed a github release of script.SkinShortcuts ?

(2015-12-22, 09:03)fantasticn Wrote: Hi Jayz2k

first of all congrats that you made it to the official repo! Now there are going to be a lot of people trying out your skin, especially when Jarvis itself becomes final.

There is just two things I am still struggeling with:
1. Logos and cleararts. Currently it seems there still is no way of having them in their designated positions. I mean logos are supposed to substitute the movie title (e.g. on movie infos) and the artist name (e.g. on music info). And cleararts are supposed to show up on video screen when pressing pause or info. Custom Lists do not seem to offer a solution to that (having to admit that I still have not actually found out about creating them at all).

2. Main menu is very small and just consisting of icons making navigation and orientation hard and confusing. I know we discussed it before and you already said that you may think about a solution to that. However, I just want to meantion it again because it was the first criticism passed on the skin by almost eveybody I showed it to on my systems. And currently it still is the biggest issue for the WAF in my household :-)

Besides that I would say take a rest from your hard work and enjoy the holidays. You have created one of the most advanced skins currently available for Kodi.

FantasticN

Thanks fantasticn. Video / Music 'playing screen' and text alternative for Home menu are still something I planned to work on.

(2015-12-23, 00:32)Jayz2K Wrote:
(2015-12-23, 00:18)Leopold Wrote: My home screen is not working correctly

Hmm, looks like something wrong with script.skinshortcuts but not sure. Are you able to upload your KODI Log somewhere so I can check.

Also, have you previously (for another skin for example), installed a github release of script.SkinShortcuts ?
Yes I have previously installed a github release. I fixed it by stopping Kodi and deleting .kodi/userdata/addon_data/script.skinshortcuts/ and .kodi/userdata/addon_data/skin.kover/. Then the next time I started Kodi the menu was built successfully.
@Leopold. Glad you got it to work. Just an advice, if you already installed a github version and because my skin maybe installed a more up to date one, you probably have 2 instances of the script. What I've seen many times is that the wrong one is taken as priority.

If you didn't already do that, check your addons folder for script.SkinShortcuts and if you have 2 folders, delete the one with '-master' suffix. This Could avoid weird issues.

(2015-12-22, 02:38)blutstein Wrote: maybe you would like to share your Modification?

It looks like this (remix of known presets)...it takes some time for me to make a "easy-to-install-package" for you (if it is allowed to share)...
@Shogun : feel free to post any mod you want, it's a community ... there's no copyright here. However, I appreciate you asked for Wink

Best way to share IMO is to fork my github repo and upload your files on your fork. So anybody can download the skin with all your needed files.

I invite you then to post it in the main KOver index with a [mod] tag.

Nice mod Wink
Cheers

(2015-12-23, 12:38)Jayz2K Wrote: @Leopold. Glad you got it to work. Just an advice, if you already installed a github version and because my skin maybe installed a more up to date one, you probably have 2 instances of the script. What I've seen many times is that the wrong one is taken as priority.

If you didn't already do that, check your addons folder for script.SkinShortcuts and if you have 2 folders, delete the one with '-master' suffix. This Could avoid weird issues.

This happened again after I switched to Eminence 2 and then back to KOver. After skinshortcuts builds the menu it gets corrupted as in the screenshot. I only have one instance of script.skinshortcuts installed which is v1.0.0.

I'll upload a log...
(2015-12-27, 15:17)Leopold Wrote:
(2015-12-23, 12:38)Jayz2K Wrote: @Leopold. Glad you got it to work. Just an advice, if you already installed a github version and because my skin maybe installed a more up to date one, you probably have 2 instances of the script. What I've seen many times is that the wrong one is taken as priority.

This happened again after I switched to Eminence 2 and then back to KOver. After skinshortcuts builds the menu it gets corrupted as in the screenshot. I only have one instance of script.skinshortcuts installed which is v1.0.0.

I'll upload a log...

Same problem here.
  • 42(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
KOver : Customizable [Kodi 16]18